Helping New Players In-Game - any shard "guild" efforts?

Hail everyone,

I'm Winfield on Chesapeake.

I'm very interested in trying to set up, or assist in, New Player in-game support (as a player).

I'd like to leverage off existing ideas/methods and pros/cons of how this is done, rather than create ideas/trial-and-error from scratch.

Does any shard have a player-based "companion" system/guild to help new players on their shared? If so, where can I learn more about how it's done?

Thanks,

Winfield

Might I suggest getting in touch with King David, the GM of PAS on Sonoma.

PAS has been around since 1998 and is still going strong under King David's leadership. They help all new comers alike and have the policy of there being 'no pressure' to join the guild in order to receive help and guidance from its elders and members.

There website is located here and King David is available by ICQ 137449336. :)

Also, on Sonoma there is another wonderful guild called Sonomas Angels of Light (SAL) who help our newcomers with needed items and temporary lodging, but they have not been in existence as long as PAS and they don't have the capability to offer the needed constant companionship for a newcomer. You can reach the GM, Love Spirit, at icq 324991870 or by PM here.

Hope that helps :)

The NEW guild on Siege. Basically with that guild tag most (not all) player will give you a pass from PVP. Members are only allowed to stay 30 days, but they give you what you need to train up to a decent level. And time enough to find your way around.

And I'd have to say the folks here that are part of UO:F on Lake Austin do a fantastic job of getting new posters/players going, even if it's not an advertised thing.

The NEW guild on Siege. Basically with that guild tag most (not all) player will give you a pass from PVP. Members are only allowed to stay 30 days, but they give you what you need to train up to a decent level. And time enough to find your way around.

And I'd have to say the folks here that are part of UO:F on Lake Austin do a fantastic job of getting new posters/players going, even if it's not an advertised thing.

Oh yeah. That's a good guild!