talismans and skill gain Q

Do the talismans help with skill gains? If the bonus is for successful crafting, but the base difficulty stats, the same, then it appears that you would gain succeeed more and thereby gain more. I have no way to test yet, but am very curious.

You figure that after about 75 skill or so you stop gaining off of failures so anything that bumps up your success chance must obviously increase the skill gain rate...

I just kind of took it for granted and have used one while working Tinkering and plan to use them when I finally get off my butt and train smithing and tailoring up to thier caps... :)

Whenever I have trained melee skills I always looked for a fast, low damage weapon with as much HCI as I could. Same principal...

• 2 weeks later...

GM'ed Fletching.

time 20 hrs, 21 min, started 32.3

attempts 14653

boards 100367 (Cost 414824)

bows 663

dart 1115

xbow 1463

comp bow 2640

heavy x bow 4659

repeating xbow 1565

Tools 259, ingots 1113 (started at 50 tink)

Interesting note. This was done with a fletching talisman, 16% bonus to fletching, 15 exceptional. It appears that talismans affect skill gain negatively? From what i gather from around the net, 16 hours, 60k boards is the norm.

Think you got an extra 0 in that board count :)

Strange that it would effect you like that tho...is the norm time/resource amount based on that crafting chart you used?

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly declare my sadness at the removal of the Motherlode skill gain...

*cries and sobs heavily*

Yes. The time/resource count is based on the chart I used, which actually conserves boards by making darts.

And thanks for catching the 0. Corrected it.

My thought is that the talisman WILL help with skill gains, provided you adjust your chart accordingly. Similiar to using jewlery to change your success rate. The biggest benefit is being able to start darts earlier, then take of the tali when you have 50% success rate without. Then proceed to craft darts until you hit 75% success. After that, keep the talisman off. BUT this would save you about 6k boards, because the skill range for making darts is so low.

• 11 months later...
Yes. The time/resource count is based on the chart I used, which actually conserves boards by making darts.

And thanks for catching the 0. Corrected it.

My thought is that the talisman WILL help with skill gains, provided you adjust your chart accordingly. Similiar to using jewlery to change your success rate. The biggest benefit is being able to start darts earlier, then take of the tali when you have 50% success rate without. Then proceed to craft darts until you hit 75% success. After that, keep the talisman off. BUT this would save you about 6k boards, because the skill range for making darts is so low.

I just finished replying to a question about satyr trick you might be able to work that in there and gm off darts lol