Hi Alll, been a long while. It is good to be back. I am a solo, well mostly, player. Coming back, and just scrathching the new content, I'd like to propose an Idea, If it has not been brought forward as yet. A new concept in housing. If the engine and client can handle -z.

(admin edit - moved here from UO Forums general discussion.  That sub is for site discussion - this sub is for UO discussion)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Kayhynn. I thought that may be the case. There are some other small things when customizing I woulld like to see, like small curved wall sections as they have for the straight wall sectioins. Mostly, I am enjoying the system as it is and am quite satisfied with my builds.

There are some other small things when customizing I woulld like to see, like small curved wall sections as they have for the straight wall sectioins.

There are curved walls. Here is an example (Not the best example, but you get the idea). I've seen people build large round Silos.

-z is the problem, not only in UO, but in most MMO's.  UO has a long and storied history of things getting lost under houses as is, and most of those are still either +z or at 0,0.  A workaround would be a transporter type thing to another room, but it would require a complete physics re-write for an actual walk down stairs basement.