Happy to see this is still going + old videos

WOW! I am so happy there is still a community here.

An old video i took back in 2009 just reached 1000 views which got me thinking about this site and about all the old friends i made.

If no one remembers me i used to play as James Sward for GRD before switching to play as Reed for a load of different guilds, most notably the ones with my old crew Devante, Felix, Lydia and the rest of the entourage in Trinsic and Vesper. It wouuld be great to hear from any of the guys and gals i used to mess about with on UO so if anyone reads this and recognises me then please give me a shout. Here are the videos i took so long ago, I now wish i we had used team speak or the like:

Hope to hear from y'all at some point.

Is there really still a community here? As far as I am aware the interaction amongst guilds has all but stopped. Trips to other cities mostly leave us wandering empty streets and even EM events, which usually turned out two or three RPers are nowadays often just strangers and one or two DoTs. Even Yew, which always struck me as undefeatable, seems to have vanished. There might be a few people struggeling still, but without some coordinated effort I am not sure how long it is still worth the time and effort only to wander around aimlessly clinging to old memories.

I've only been back about a month and am playing on Europa for the first time. I stay in character all the time but I'm out there and growing in power but I post on these forums out of character just for the love of the game. If we want the game to regrow it's going to take all of us spreading the word and bringing life to these forums while the game still has some life. If we don't use it we will most likely "lose it". :)

Of course there is still life. But yeah, we rather enjoy the game instead of posting novels during the time we got spare.

You might find that most of the activity is found in and around Vesper these days. Yew only has a few left, not sure when those are online to be honest. Same for Trinsic.

For Vesper we are doing things nearly every day somewhen between 8pm-2am CET.

Do you still have to pay to play nowadays?

I miss the old days, up to a hundred people in one battle and huge markets. A full Swaggers full with banter.

As long as there are those exceptional people that put in so much effort to get people together then there will always be RP.

I must say though, that there are so many free shards out there that have a load more freedom for RP, it would make it hard to keep a big community on the official servers.

Hey Reed, yes EA is still pay to play, and no plans or intent to go f2p.

I tried a free server a while back (Mike Renegade, I think we met), but I returned to EA's servers, because they provide a much more solid base of operations (plus the established RP community)

Also, I have the home there, which I just couldn't let go of. At any rate, not as long as I can keep playing there.

Mike Renegade!

I cant even remember my character name on the free shard but didn't we start a guild in Brit?

That had some real potential but i know exactly what you mean. I might see if there is a free pass or something just to see how things are going.

Ahh, the same old - The same old. :)

The activity aint what it used to be. But we still cope and have some good laughs with the ones that stop by.

If youre curious, I got a few accounts and can lend you one, incase youre curious.. ;)

Hey James,

I remember roleplaying with you loads when I played some of my GRD chars (Might have been Nunk, might have been lyson!) If you ever wanna chat about the olden times just fire me up on either icq 239938642 or steam - Islamicjew1 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sioned, I might take you up on that offer at some point I would love to see how things are going online.

Nice to see Van hasn't changed...

I remember RPing with Nunk and Lyson back in the day, i also seem to remember Kiran too. Ahh, good times!

Hey Reed, love those videos, I'd forgotten all about those. Vesper civil war was a classic campaign, even though rp was apparently in decline then we proved that it wasn't all bad and had around 30-40 people turn out on those nights.

Happy days