The Army's physical fitness test in basic training is a three-event physical performance test used to assess endurance. The minimum requirement for 17- to 21-year-old males is 35 pushups, 47 situps and a two-mile run in 16 minutes, 36 seconds or less. For females of the same age, the minimum requirement is 13 pushups, 47 situps and a 19:42 two-mile run. Why the difference in fitness requirements? "USMC Women in the Service Restrictions Review" found that women, on average, have 20 percent lower aerobic power, 40 percent lower muscle strength, 47 percent less lifting strength and 26 percent slower marching speed than men.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2013/02/06/women-in-combat-n1504759

The Army's physical fitness test in basic training is a three-event physical performance test used to assess endurance. The minimum requirement for 17- to 21-year-old males is 35 pushups, 47 situps and a two-mile run in 16 minutes, 36 seconds or less. For females of the same age, the minimum requirement is 13 pushups, 47 situps and a 19:42 two-mile run. Why the difference in fitness requirements? "USMC Women in the Service Restrictions Review" found that women, on average, have 20 percent lower aerobic power, 40 percent lower muscle strength, 47 percent less lifting strength and 26 percent slower marching speed than men.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2013/02/06/women-in-combat-n1504759

heh. I can do 100 sit ups and 40 pushups *Blows a raspberry*

But I am not a normal woman. *coughs* that we all know Muahhahha *demonic laugh* Also being a dwarf at five foot one ok ok damn political correctness, being vertically challenged, my arms are short. Hell I maybe strong and have endurance but I still cannot reach the top shelf in a supermarket heheheheehhe

No seriously....

unfair to say the least! They need to make it the same, otherwise it is just stupid.