I don't seem to get the new Despise...

After a few months of hardly playing UO, I wanted to check out the new dungeons. So I went and read the uoguide article on Despise (not that I understood it completely) and then paid the dungeon a visit. I got an Orb from the upper level (good karma character) and caught one of the fallen angels with it. So now it followed me around. Then I hopped through a gate and let my new pet fight the evil, hellish monsters down there. So far, so good. Only the controlled creatures kept dying. I healed it, but it always ran into the thick of the enemies, not caring about being leashed to me. All my healing couldn't save the poor things. Best i accomplished was a level 4 creature. So after losing around 15 creatures I called it a day. What am I doing wrong?

First of all, you need to be very careful to not to lead your creature to places heavily crowded with the creatures of the opposite alignment - even a level 15 creature can die pretty quickly in those places. If you see more than two -let's say evil- creatures, you should avoid that location. You can set the aggression mode to "Defensive" to stop your creature from attacking others. However, as other creatures keep attacking it, it might stop following you even in Defensive mode, unless you constantly move. The best thing to do in those cases is to cast invisibility on it, thus making other creatures to lose their aggro. You might also go to your side by entering the gate again, other creatures might follow but at least you can get some help on your side. You can try the northern gate, two Hellions spawn to the east which is a relatively safe location. If you are using EC, you can see which places are crowded and which contain a few creatures pretty easily.

Thanks. Well, ok, I will try again ;)

Just a few more questions:

- to be able to train a creature to lvl 15 instead of 10, I need to catch an evil monster (being a good person myself) and let if fight other evil monsters, right?

- how long does it take to train a creature to lvl 15?

- Can I have only one critter or more than one?

- if I fully train my creature, how are the chances of success at the final fight?

- Yes. (EDIT: Or have a good critter fight other goods)

- It takes 15+14+13+12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 kills to raise your creature from level 1 to level 15, fighting only other level 1s.

- You may only have one

- Even at level 15, you need a minimum of three players/accounts and a discord bard to kill the boss. Everyone should be able to cast endless GHeals.

uoguide.com has a pretty good walkthru.

~M

- Even at level 15, you need a minimum of three players/accounts and a discord bard to kill the boss. Everyone should be able to cast endless GHeals.

Now that is some useful information! Thanks! And for the other answers too, of course.