so ive been back to Ultima for almost a year, ive enjoyed the game although the population isnt what it used to be, i recently decided i wanted another account, i just purchased the new account code with stygian abyss and the 30 day free gametime tonight, considering the instructions do not match the things on the mythic site, setting up the new account became a pain, so i started a trial account thinking the new account code would lift the trial period, this however, was not the case, so now, am i stuck with a useless trial account for two weeks??? i have suits and an adv char token ready for the main character i wanted the second account for, and now i just have to sit and wait because of the way its set up????? any help would be appreciated...

so ive been back to Ultima for almost a year, ive enjoyed the game although the population isnt what it used to be, i recently decided i wanted another account, i just purchased the new account code with stygian abyss and the 30 day free gametime tonight, considering the instructions do not match the things on the mythic site, setting up the new account became a pain, so i started a trial account thinking the new account code would lift the trial period, this however, was not the case, so now, am i stuck with a useless trial account for two weeks??? i have suits and an adv char token ready for the main character i wanted the second account for, and now i just have to sit and wait because of the way its set up????? any help would be appreciated...

It is set up that way since removing your trial period and start the game time immediately without notification would not be appropriate since you technically still have free time. I'd try to create the new account, no matter how hard it is, since that would give you the new player token, as can be seen here.

Here's what you should do: either report here (by logging in with your account) or page GMs about "I've applied the game time code but I'm still on trial period. I would like the trial period to end and my game time begin." Since regular GMs have no authorization to lift the "trial" flag from your account, they will either pass this to the customer service representative (who apparently also has a GM account in the game for account billing related issues like this) or give you the link or the email to contact them. It might take a few days or they might be able to help immediately (based on what I heard from the players with the same issue), but make sure you check your email since they do send an email to verify your request beforehand sometimes.

Edit: You might want to request the new player token, telling them that you have applied the new player code to a trial account by mistake, yet it was a new account. Not sure if that would work though.

Edited by Nimuaq

Since they switched to the new billing system, I'm pretty much a noob about matters involving accounts and codes and such. Having said that, new SA accounts codes are strictly for setting up a new account. If you want to upgrade a trial account, you used to have to buy the SA upgrade code.

So first question is, how attached are you to your new trial account? Can you just let that one expire after the trial period and instead create a new SA account or have you already done too much work on a character on that account? If it is the latter, you might be able to call customer service and they might be able to take your new SA account code and upgrade your account for you. Just make sure you ask them if they can apply the 30 day gametime as well. Also, there used to be a training bonus promotion that went with new SA accounts. I'm not sure this promotion is still going, but you can ask about it. I just hope the customer service rep is familiar with all these particulars.

If you don't mind making a new SA account and letting the trial account expire, it gets a little confusing for me as well. If you login to your master EA account, you might try clicking on one of the at the top of the page (ie on the navigator bar or the one with the big key icon next to it). Hopefully this will start the creation of the additional SA account that will be linked to your master account. Again, I haven't done this since the new billing system went live so I'm wandering in the dark here.

The final option is to message Mesanna herself. You can do this by sending her a PM here or at Stratics. She's pretty good about helping in these sorts of instances.