What does everyone watch on TV? What shows do you just hate to miss?

For me, it is:

Breaking Bad

Game Of Thrones

True Blood

The Newsroom

I avoid anything with the description 'reality tv' like the plague.

I forgot about Walking Dead! That is another I watch.

When I think of reality tv, I think of things like Jersey Shore, or anything with someone named Kardashian in it. I do watch things on the Food Network tho, like Restaurant Impossible or Chopped. I don't know if that counts as reality or not tho.

Lately, if the TV is on (since both of my to-watch shows are in breaks), I invariably switch to documentaries.

I'm especially fond of science (especially theoretic physics and astronomy) and history (but not royalty of England or World War 2, I've seen quite enough of those thank you very much!)

Game of Thrones and The Big Bang theory is about the only thing I watch and follow like a slave.

I followed Scrubs until the end of Zach Braff (sp?)

I used to be a How I met your Mother fan, but it lost something during the last seasons.

I'm unwillingly watching:

Teen Mom,

Jeresey Shore,

Desperate Housewives (thank god it ended)

Houswives of US (Yes, all of them)

Some stupid reality show about a hairdresser in New Jersey

Big Brother Sweden when they decide to have that.

And then gf wonders/gets annoyed why I spend so much time at the computer...

...she's tricky to understand, and I love her for it.

At least I got my payback during my vacation by forcing her to watch the unaltered versions of Starwars 4,5,6 by saying I won't even considering marrying her until she's seen them.

She said she's seen worse. *Victory* \o/

She now calls fat people "Jabbas".

Current Favorites (in order):

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

The Newsroom

Walking Dead

Fringe

Southland

Family Guy

South Park

Boardwalk Empire

Sons of Anarchy

The Simpsons

Person of Interest

Touch

The Office

Beavis & Butthead

Past Favorites:

Lost

House

The Wire

Scrubs

NCIS

NCIS LA

Covert Affairs

Royal Pains

Big Bang Theory

The Mentalist

Bones

The Closer

when really bored: How it's made & science channels

news on nearly every network yet I turn it off on the politcal bs and the conventions

the weather channel :)

Edited by WyndRyder

PS. I do not watch the overdose of *reality* tv shows, most of em are stupid, like the real housewives of who cares, or gator killas speakin some form of cajun creole english, I barely fathom what they are sayin anyhow. :)

I used to like the one, with fishin for seafood, Deadliest Catch, up till capt. Phil died. Now it's same ol same and boring. bleh

Fallen Skies - alien invasion and its aftermath only 10 episodes a season and they just finished season 2. Worth it? Its okay, if you read a lot of scifi or watched a ton of scifi programs you can gues where its going but the effects are good and we still do not know why they came to earth.

Also really into Grimm - always liked the fairy tales as a kid and reading the "adult" versions when I got older.

Like Bones and Warehouse 13 too.

Though my tv usually seems to get stuck on the history channels or science channels :)

Bah I hate Netflix. They always recommend some of the most awful B list movies to me. They keep trying to get me to watch the same stuff no matter how many times I say I am not interested. If I do find something I want to watch, it is currently unavailable. Maybe if I got the physical DVDs it would be different but I am so unimpressed by the instant streaming I won't waste my money on it.

I tried getting into Falling Skies. Too many of the other shows that I like come on at the same time tho, so it lost me.

Yikes.. Alot!!

Of ongoing shows:

Boardwalk Empire

Bones

Breaking Bad

Burn Notice

Castle

Dexter

Falling Skies

Futurama

Game Of Thrones

Hell On Wheels

Longmire

Merlin

MythBusters

Perception

Sherlock

South Park

Suits

Supernatural

Terra Nova

The Big Bang Theory

The Simpsons

The Walking Dead

Top Gear

Touch

While Collar

Might have left a few out! ;) Could add alot of shows that have ended.. :D

Stephen, if I start watching Hell On Wheels will I be able to jump in and follow along? Or is it a show that I need to go back and watch from the first to understand what is happening?

There are a lot of shows I would like to watch, but I don't have time to catch them every week. If you miss an episode it gets hard to catch up. The main reason I get to watch the shows I listed is that I have told my family that Sunday night is MY night. I refuse to cook, or taxi anyone around, or anything else. Disturb me at your own peril!

Sorry Adri, I wish I could tell you that! But I actually just started watching the show and have only seen the first episode.. ;) I will let you know once I get further into it.. So far it's very appealing to me, but then again, I'm easily entertained.. :P

I know what you mean about missing an episode and feeling completely lost.. That can sometimes keep you away from a great show! :( If I can't watch them in order and from the beginning, I don't watch.. ;)