I am also looking forward to this game. I thought GTA IV was good, but not a patch on San Andreas, too grey. I only hope that they might incorporate some of the Vice City radio stations, a little bit of retro for us older gamers :)

I believe the GTA series games are best enjoyed on the PlayStation consoles. Every version is a groundbreaking game experience and each new version continues to raise the bar as far as content, detail, gameplay and graphics. This is pretty much the only game I will pre-order and be waiting in line for.

Okay, just got back from Game Zombie after trading in a HUGE lot of games.

My finds:

Red Dead Redemption: Zombies something or other. It isn't the game but an self-contained expansion. (Store owner insisted this game wasn't like the linear GTA games but more of a sandbox like LA Noire.)

Uncharted double pack of first game plus the second in GOTY edition version.

Parasite Eve for PSone.

And twenty five dollars in store credit.

Red Dead Redemption is an amazing, open world adventure set in the West of the USA at the turn of the century, the one before last :)

I have not played Undead Nightmare, but if it is half as good as the main feature, you will be sure to enjoy it.

I think that is one of the great things about the GTA series. You do not notice the pull of the storyline, it's there, but it enhances the game play rather than forcing your hand.

If you replay San Andreas, for example, you find that you can zip through the storyline rather swiftly, at least in comparison to the initial play through, and you become more aware of that linearity.

I have just realised that I cannot recall completing Vice City, even though I played it an awful lot. I think I may have just been making my own storyline :)