To be fair, the hardpoint on a bumper is usually the front, not the corner. Part of it is for pedestrian mishaps, as this is a good example. Most all modern cars have sections which are supposed to crumple to absorb the impact enegery as well. Imagine if that had been your leg instead of a bicycle wheel, which are supposed to be strong, esp on road bikes so you don't have a wheel buckle on you at 25 mph.

Yeah, they make great stuff as long as you don't mind a little lead poisoning.

Or poisoned pet food, toothpaste (with that special additive, diethylene glycol, aka antifreeze), seafood on steroids, tires that disintegrate, and of major concern, flip flops that cause chemical burns...

234773_f260.jpg

Or poisoned pet food, toothpaste (with that special additive, diethylene glycol, aka antifreeze), seafood on steroids, tires that disintegrate, and of major concern, flip flops that cause chemical burns...

234773_f260.jpg

Yeah, they make great stuff as long as you don't mind a little lead poisoning.

Because these things can't be found in any products in any other parts of the world.

Because these things can't be found in any products in any other parts of the world.

I don't know about your part of the world, but no, they aren't supposed to be found in products destined for import into the US. And they shouldn't be found in products for anywhere.

We recall high chairs because they have little nubs on the back legs... we banned imports of oranges because of a low level fungicide.

And no, I have never heard of anyone, anywhere else on the face of the planet, that thought adding anti-freeze to toothpaste was a good thing. Or adding melamine to pet food was a good idea. Either for domestic or foreign use. We outlawed (the US) lead based paints back in the 1970's. What genius would think that, 40 years later, it would be ok to put it on children's toys?

You seem to think it's accidental. And maybe once, it is. Maybe even twice. But time and time again? You can't apologize for that. Not with a straight face.

I still remember the pet food fatalities. Even to this day, when I buy my Shelties dog food, I am LABEL reading and hoping it is some form of honest labeling, cuz I do not want my pets or self to croak with foods from wherever that just seem unregulated or just dumb ideas. But then again, the last box of *chinese*food I bought, cuz if anyone can make chinese food in a box, it should be the Chinese right ? :) Rice from Central America, the chile peppers from Mexico, the box made, in USA, assembled in Central America, spices from India.... :) all this clearly marked actually on the box for my wanchai far'e brand or whatever 'chinese' food !

And do not get me started on US 2012 summer Olympic team, donning in made in China uniforms ! WHO KNOWS WHERE THE HECK ANYTHING IS ACTUALLY MADE nowadays ! :(

I did have a pair of flip flops that 'READ' made in USA a yr. ago they stunk of petroleum products so bad even 4 wks AFTER buying em, airing em outside even the stench of new flip flips sporting stench of bad gasoline or oil, well I threw em out couldnt even stand to wear em...just cuz they stunk so bad brand new, of petroleum products.

I don't know about your part of the world, but no, they aren't supposed to be found in products destined for import into the US. And they shouldn't be found in products for anywhere.

We recall high chairs because they have little nubs on the back legs... we banned imports of oranges because of a low level fungicide.

And no, I have never heard of anyone, anywhere else on the face of the planet, that thought adding anti-freeze to toothpaste was a good thing. Or adding melamine to pet food was a good idea. Either for domestic or foreign use. We outlawed (the US) lead based paints back in the 1970's. What genius would think that, 40 years later, it would be ok to put it on children's toys?

You seem to think it's accidental. And maybe once, it is. Maybe even twice. But time and time again? You can't apologize for that. Not with a straight face.

What is supposed and not supposed to be found in products in my part, or your part of the world may be one thing. What's really found in them another. I'm aware that many of these toxic products come from China and countries in Asia, but to rule out their existance production in our parts of the world is rather naive. People need to be cautious when buying, consuming or utilising any products indifferent to where they come from..

• 4 weeks later...

Their panels are literally paper thin. However it's a fact that over the last ten - fifteen years, companies like Toyota have brought competition back into the auto industry by making fuel efficient vehicles which run longer and have fewer problems per 100 vehicles.