Decided I'm going to come back to UO next week. Have I missed it? Absolutely not. Have I missed you all? Not even slightly.

"Then why return?" I hear you scream.

I don't know.

"I give you a week tops" you reply.

It's possible. Probable? No. I know that this game is suffering, especially on the role playing front. !!!!, that's why I left in the first place. But as my first year at University comes to an end, it's dawned upon me that I have four months ahead of nothing.

"Why not travel the world" you say?

Well, that's the typical University student thing to do isn't it. But I'm not your typical student. In fact, those longs hours I should of spent in the library studying I instead spent on sleeping, because everybody who knows how University works knows how the first year is totally pointless and has no lasting effect on the overall academic outcome.

"!!!! you, we don't want you back".

Yeah, well. You too.

Summary; I'm coming back to UO next week. Probably wont be back forever, but will probably be for up to four months if you're lucky. Not even sure if I'm in -V- so this post is probably pointless. I may of even killed Van off, can't remember. Still, I hope Vesper's in good shape and I'll probably help out best I can to make things happen if it's needed.

Love you all.

God, now I remember how much I couldn't stand any of you.

Seriously considering a U-turn already.

U turns are illegal in most areas might be a fine line there with the whole UO ordeal though, but look at this way you would have us harassing you if you didn't come back, so you know you wanna stay lmao

Not sure when it went to £9.99 a month... quite some time ago, I think.

The tax is not added! Not sure why, as in the UK it should be subject to VAT.

I brought this up when the account management system changed, but in the time since I have only had the sum of £9.99 deducted from my bank account.

• 2 weeks later...

So that month came and went fairly quick. Now for my review.

Well, I was proven wrong. Europa is thriving with people and there's always something going on, sometimes you're even spoilt for choice with what to do. There's some really interesting scenarios going on at the moment also that are guaranteed to keep you on the edge of you seat - and just when you know what's going down, it all changes.

Yeah, I'm full of !!!!.

In the month I returned, I must of logged on five times. There was nothing going on, and the player count hardly broke past three or four. Perhaps people were like "Great, Van's back. I guess I'll take a month off" and now they're all back playing. Maybe, but you're all pricks.

I'm still undecided on if I should stick it out for a second month, the cons massively outweigh the pros. It's the same old game, and perhaps that's the problem.

the way I see it.. Doesn't matter if your on your own or with 1, 2 or 3 people... If you enjoy the game stick around if your not... then don't.

As much as I don't want people to leave I wouldn't stick around if I wasn't having fun and don't expect anyone else to.

What I will say is if there was nothing happening why did you not try organise something? Rally up the troops so to speak?

So that month came and went fairly quick. Now for my review.

Well, I was proven wrong. Europa is thriving with people and there's always something going on, sometimes you're even spoilt for choice with what to do. There's some really interesting scenarios going on at the moment also that are guaranteed to keep you on the edge of you seat - and just when you know what's going down, it all changes.

Yeah, I'm full of !!!!.

In the month I returned, I must of logged on five times. There was nothing going on, and the player count hardly broke past three or four. Perhaps people were like "Great, Van's back. I guess I'll take a month off" and now they're all back playing. Maybe, but you're all pricks.

I'm still undecided on if I should stick it out for a second month, the cons massively outweigh the pros. It's the same old game, and perhaps that's the problem.

Lets just become catpeople and lick eachothers tails in ArcheAge.

A Whole whopping 5 times Van??

I log on nearly every evening (between 6:30 and 9pm GMT mostly) and even though I have not hosted any events myself either this month, for training my pet in between all other types of stuff.

For one, I never once saw your name come up on the RP Community chat room asking for anything to do, or even inviting anyone to the Swaggers for a basic bull-session of sorts.

Now this is not a blame at you at all, as the chat room is often unused I think, I sometimes think I am the only one logging out of General spam rubbish channel.

This is a call to ANYONE! RP'ing on Europa, get your backsides into the RP Community chatroom, if it is not up, make it... let us know you're on.

I prefer mere drinking in a tavern to pet training any day, we don't need events right to get something going? Just be around and let others know in a shared chat room, I am sure others can RP their way out of their comfort zones to accomodate a trip to where ever the "action" is.

Rupert is right though, your decision to play should be on wether or not you have fun.

Don't blame it on everyone else if YOU lost your fun in UO, it happens to everyone eventually, some are just slower to acknowledge it then others.:)

Since when was there an RP community chat? Thanks to not knowing about it, I never did log into it, my bad :P I'm fairly sure it wouldn't had made a difference. My feelings towards the game are the same as they were when I left.. There are better games on offer out there.

It's hard playing UO, when all I wanna do is explore the vastness of Skyrim. Eighty hours in and I've still only visited half the map and completed 4 story quests. I remember when UO had that hold on me, but it's a case of been there done that.

My feelings towards the game are the same as they were when I left.. There are better games on offer out there.

It's hard playing UO, when all I wanna do is explore the vastness of Skyrim. Eighty hours in and I've still only visited half the map and completed 4 story quests. I remember when UO had that hold on me, but it's a case of been there done that.

This really is the crux of the matter. Time, and better things to do with it.

Sadly UO needs a new game engine, 3d graphics, new lands to explore and some advertising and marketing to get players back in it.

I show UO to my daughters MMO fanatic mates and they all love and respect it as the granddaddy of MMOs but they wouldnt touch it with a bargestick.

12 year old graphics?

EC is a step in the right direction but not far enough.

Someone rebuild Uo2 and then there might be a game to play again.

Im playing too much SWTOR at the moment, and thinking of D3 too bt not sure yet. I may return one day too, as Harbag or another chr. Not anytime soon though, as my time revolves around GMing a SWTOR guild atm, but the activity in SWTOR is soo up and down, its almost a constant recruitment issue. But if things settle down soon, and I hope they do, I may consider a return to UO as well. How are the lands these days ?

WAAAAAAAGGHH!!!

P.S. Sorry to highjack ur return post Van :P

... or there and back again...

SWTOR republic has lost 25% of its subscribers... I logged in to LOTRO online and did some questing solo the other week. Saw very few players about... then again the LOTRO map is HUGE [is this a good thing I ask myself? long term probably not].

And Van - I dont think it needs to be based on Ultima Lore, I never really liked that stuff much. I think it is more about the sandbox game idea with updated graphics and a nice SIMPLE pvp/guild system.

The reason why pvp in Quake rocked was that we were all on equal terms in MMOs these days its all about template, then that gets nerfed, then a new template comes along, that gets nerfed. Too much MMO emphasis is on complexity and not gameplay, grinding and not fun etc

Bah

I will end it there - good to see a few old UOers still around here though