Ok, so my tailor had a blue beetle. It was bonded, never had any problems with it. I logged on to her today and the blue beetle was attacking her! It went wild somehow. I don't know how this happened, as I know I logged off mounted on it. Now the things that were in its pack are gone. What happened to them? Did they drop and then decay? I don't get it... what would cause this to happen?

Even if a pet is bonded you still need to feed it regularly or it will eventually go wild, and beetles are naturally hostile. As for the items in it's pack, I'm not sure what happened there. I think packies drop the stuff they're carrying when they go wild. If you didn't see them on the ground, then it's possible that the beetle was still carrying them. If you logged out in a guard zone, then the beetle would have gotten guard whacked and all the stuff it was carrying would have disappeared with it's corpse.

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible the loyalty decay while mounted is not fast enough, because creatures like a beetle, every time you say all follow me, it boosts their loyalty back up to 100. So in fact, with these things, if you issue a successful command, you never need to feed them.

If you lose conn when the server drops, or if the shard goes down unexpectedly and your char doesn't log out normally, and if you happened to be off your pet when the shard went down, the pet won't stay with you and will stay in the game and begin to decay. Otherwise, unless your char was flagged and the beetle happened to become loose before you timed out, the bag should have been visible while using object handles upon the log-in of that char, of course, if it went wild as you logged in, it would have told you "this creature appears to be better off without its master" etc etc.