The new home I've been working on

I recently found a good 18x18 spot south of my tower which is nestled next to the hedge maze. I've decided to go with a farm house, which caused me some grief with roofing, it was my first attempt at it. It's not decorated as of yet, but here is the finished design. If anyone has any deco suggestions, I'd gladly take them.

cabe-bedlam-albums-uo-house-pics-picture1053-farmhouse-1.jpg

cabe-bedlam-albums-uo-house-pics-picture1054-farmhouse-2.jpg

cabe-bedlam-albums-uo-house-pics-picture1055-farmhouse-3.jpg

My suggestion is simply stick to one theme, and you appear to be doing that well. If you are going for the woodsman or farmer look, avoid like the plague anything that breaks a persons "suspension of disbelief." Fine job on that house by the way!

Where'd ya get the scarecrow? That is awesome! I like your design so far.

I might suggest an apple or two on the ground under trees, unless the colors are off. Also, pick some wheat from fields if you want a crop - you can pass through them, so they won't block movement. You can also buy a more refined looking wheat sheaf from farmers and possibly provisioners, but they do block movement.

Additionally, fill an open barrel with water for a rain barrel. Alternatively, bring an empty pitcher and go to the stables in Minoc. There you can empty a half-barrel and pick it up. I can't seem to refill it, but perhaps you could drop it down, lock it, then drop fruits and/or veggies on top of it to create a bushel of produce for your farm. A thief can steal some varieties of produce - some are off center from the ones you can buy, and would cover the opening nicely.

As a bit of a sight gag, I bought a dirt patch and am using it as 'dung' in my stable.

EDIT: You are on Catskills, and not far from where I live - I have an 18x17 near the Hedge Maze. Since I have a thief, I can easily steal some produce for you (no charge) if you need any.

Not a problem and glad you like the look Warsong! Maeglid, I also own the house that is just north of the farm (my mage tower) and right below the maze. Where's your place? I plan on opening up my Mage Tower to the public, being an old sentimentalist from the original Mage Tower days.

I am in a clearing with a number of other houses straight down from the hedgemaze (I always the compass wrong when I can't see it). Head straight down (screenwise) and look for a (currently) private house called The Fourth Haven - my fourth home location. I've moved a lot, and will again if I can get a bigger plot and/or storage.

Would love to see the tower when it is open. :)

EDIT: Hopped into game to check... compass direction is SE.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually put paving stones under my forge. If my area is big I put dirt, and border it with gray paving stones, because theres no grass-dirt transitions.

The elven stuff fits on grass, however, but I dont like the look of it