Bushido Skill Guide

UOForums UO Bushido Skill Training Guide

Tips before skill training

1) Try and get Faster casting/Faster cast recovery items and mana regeneration items, which will result in overall faster skill training.

What to cast and when:

• 0 - 30: Train at NPC Samurai in Zento.

Note: If you are on a murderer, you will have to use a Soulstone or get some jewelry to raise your skill to 25. You cannot train Bushido from below 25 skill.

• 30 - 60: Cast Confidence.
  • 60 - 75: Cast Counter Attack.
  • 75 - 105: Cast Evasion.
  • 105 - 120: Cast Momentum Strike.

Sources:

1) UOGuide.

2) Stratics

also if you gain to 50 when you can cast lightning strike make sure your unguilded and grab your self a horse go some where like Luna out side of the guard zone and tell your horse to attack you with you having a weapon in hand to and make sure you have plenty of lmc mr gear on and simply lightning strike away until 120 take time like training ninjitsu but it works :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished up 110 to 120 fairly quickly on a 120 archer. Was loaned a mana leech bow with good SSI, went to Oaks, and killed shadow wisps, wisps, etcetera with lightning strike on single foes, and momentum strike when near pairs of targets. Besides great gains, also collected lots of scrolls of transcendence. Wasn't the least bit hindered by 39 int, 69 mana, and only 2 mr on an elf with 80+ focus. Just don't forget to keep positive karma when playing there.

Just speculating here, but what about Golem training?

Would have to figure out the damage type momentum strike does though, weither this is physical, direct damage or damage derived from the weapon used.

In the case of the latter (weapon mod damage), a 100% poison weapon + 2 golems would be a grand way to effectively train bushido to 120.

Any thoughts on this or, better yet, anyone willing to test this?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

All about the block chance.

Assume 100 dex.

120 Parrying, 120 Bushido

Chance to block with 1h weapon: 35%

Chance to block with 2h weapon: 40%

Chance to block with shield: 5%

120 Parrying, 100 Bushido

Chance to block with 1h weapon: 30%

Chance to block with 2h weapon: 34%

Chance to block with shield: 10%

120 Parrying, 0 Bushido

Chance to block with 1h weapon: 20%

Chance to block with 2h weapon: 20%

Chance to block with shield: 35%

So basically, without a shield, your block chance is equal to or higher than someone without bushido using the shield. However, Parrying is still necessary, as all values are 5% with only bushido and no parry. It's designed for 2h weapons and 1h weapon users with no shield - for drinking potions :)

In addition:

The chance of a critical hit with lightning strike is an exponential function ((Bushido * Bushido) / 72,000).

This means you have a 1/7.2 chance of critical hitting at 100 bushido, and a 1/5 chance of critical hitting at 120 skill. This is a MASSIVE difference.

Also evasion gets a lot better at 120 (can't find the formula, sorry)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive got bushido skills on three chars i play on and for some reason i always go to the trogs cave to cap to 120. with parry and honor and a good repond weapon and EOO from chiv. Momentum strike when they are double teaming you. other than that Honor each one before they attack you and Lightning strikes will do the skill while your banking the loot.If you Honor each one prior to doing dammage to them then you will be replenished Mana stamina and Health back when they are dead. Rinse and repeat. Honor,lightning strike and Momentum strike when they double team you.This is not advised for archers because the trogs are fast to gang up on you. for my archers i use the slow oger lords

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Just speculating here, but what about Golem training?

Would have to figure out the damage type momentum strike does though, weither this is physical, direct damage or damage derived from the weapon used.

In the case of the latter (weapon mod damage), a 100% poison weapon + 2 golems would be a grand way to effectively train bushido to 120.

Any thoughts on this or, better yet, anyone willing to test this?

I know this is an old post but I was just perusing through as I am helping a friend build a sampire and I was also thinking if this was possible or not.

I did try lightning strike on him for a bit until a realized that the critical hits were doing like 35 damage instead of 1, I don't know why but I didn't want to have to sit there and repair it every 60 seconds with my tinker.

The other thing is golems take up 3 pet control slots so you cant have 2 at the same time. However, I don't know if you can use someone else's. I assume that if they are in the same guild you may be able to but I've not tried this yet. I may give it a shot but I think that time spent in the trog cave or down at spawns is quicker and more worthwhile. collecting SOTs while training is pretty sweet I might add. The lower level spawns take for ever to go through especially if your just lightning striking or momentum striking your way through rather than say whirl winding.

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI

With future changes to lightning strike (takes 10 mana instead of 5), it may be practical to have less than 120 bushido. In that light, here are a few skill levels which may be used:

Chance of critical hit = bushido skill * bushido skill / 72000

Number of consecutive hits until perfection is reached = 1000/bushido skill (round down)

120 bushido - perfection can be gained in 9 consecutive hits, lightning strike gives critical hits 1 in every 5 hits.

111.2 bushido - perfection 9, critical 1/5.6

100 bushido - perfection 10, critical 1/7.2

91.0 bushido - perfection 11, critical 1/8.7

50 bushido - perfection 20, critical (HAR!) 1/28.8

Also with the coming changes, lightning strike is less efficient than armor ignore for a character with bushido, parry and a weapon skill at a total of 300 skill points, which is why the numbers above are important... they free points up for chivalry.

i.e. a character can now have:

120 melee

99 necromancy

91 bushido

90 parry

120 tactics

100 anatomy

100 chivalry

And then gets a pretty hefty bonus from chivalry spells while still getting perfection from 11 consecutive hits.

That's an interesting changeup Farsight. Thanks for the input. I'll try that out first thing when this goes live. One thing warriors will notice with that kind of template change, though, is that dropping both Parrying and Bushido from 120 to those levels will lower your block chance from 35% 1h 40% 2h to 17% 1h 19% 2h. That's a hefty hit. :(

After extra factors (your skill, monster's skill, hit lower attack, DCI, etc), it comes out to...

*breaks out calculator*

7% of total swings are blocked with 120 each and...

3.75% of total swings are blocked with 90 each (assuming average enemy wrestling = 100)

8.75% of total swings are blocked with 120 each and...

4.75% of total swings are blocked with 90 each (assuming average enemy wrestling = 120)

Take that for what it's worth... Once I first saw those numbers, I dropped parrying entirely until I went with the armor-ignore version, the extra mana savings helped too much to not have parry at all.

I thought chance to block wasn't affected by anything other than Bushido, Parrying, HLD, DCI, and dexterity. Is there an updated formula somewhere? According to the formula I know, block chance with 0 DCI, 150 dex, 120 Parry, and 120 Bushido should be 35% with a 1h weapon.

The monster has to succeed in a hit for that chance that it be blocked.

You are correct about 35% but that is based on HITS and not SWINGS. If you were hit 100% of the time, then 3 out of 10 would be parried.

Oh ok, I misread Farsight's quote as hits. I don't understand, though. I'll have to test this out, but I still think that much of a reduction on block chance is going to hurt.