So I have been back in UO for a few days now and have noticed a large increase in the prices on vendors.

I used to have some vendors and was considering setting up a few again to help gain some funds, however, now I am not sure.

Is there something that has changed regarding vendors?

What is in demand now? as it is difficult to tell going by vendors.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to see a new mall up that doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I would use it a lot and I think you would find a lot of happy customers.

I always unprice but my current location is hurting me. It used to be easy to sell recall scrolls at 40 gp each and everywhere else I have seen they are higher.

Think my best recourse will be to take them down and find a new location. Seems people are more into convenience rather then price now.

A lot of vendors confuse me. I will see some that sell recall scrolls for between 35-38 each, when as mentioned they could sell them to npc vendors for more than that. The same vendors will be selling a pretty normal weapon with no enhancements for 5,000 gold. :huh

I try to sell pretty reasonably priced, but I don't sell it for less than I could sell to a NPC vendor. Like the recall example, I sell recalls for more than I could sell to an npc vendor, but less than you could buy them from a npc vendor after I sold them. So many vendors seem very inconsistant, and waaaayyyyy over priced around Luna.

• 1 month later...

Shopping in Luna is like browsing an insane asylum. People price their goods at different levels and ways of crazy, but there's the rare visitor to the asylum that happens to be sane and actually has a nice vendor set up.

Anyway, selling Recalls on vendors nowandays is pretty well pointless since there are some NPC vendors in New Haven that sell recalls for only a few gold more than they buy them. If a scribe wants to make money then they're probably selling pre-filled books (runebooks and spellbooks), and also going for the one-in-a-million shot at a Super Slayer Spellbook (which is quite the lottery hit indeed). Beyond that, I suppose there are Librarian rewards to be considered as well.

Welcome back... I just returned after a couple of years absense... I've always had vendors, but since I returned it's been an experience reopening my store... With the help of a new freind I moved my shop beside a main road... Been doing well since the move... I've just been selling bulk raw materials and arrows, mainly because that's what seems to sell... Im on Sonoma... Good Luck... 8)

Luna, have you tried renting a venodr out in Luna? I've heard that though some people charge high prices for a spot, others do not and having just a few vendors in Luna can bring in something like 2 mil easy in a day depending on what you sell. And if you prie cheaper than what others do in Luna, then others will hopefully bring down their prices too (you can compare using finduo.com, but I'm sure you know that already). I would try just renting one vendor out and see how that goes. Do people use recall scrolls anymore, though? I haven't in a long time when I changed Mistique to a Paladin and Jakubo became a mage/necro.