A Challenge for all you home makers.

Since EA\OSI might never allow the customization of Castles and Keep.

I want to see how you would redo the base designes they have.

Using House Builder and keeping with the base size.

Design some new static house's for the Castle and Keep design.

Maybe with this EA\OSI might add them in as a choise for those who have these static house's

I even challenge the DEV's to get in on this.. eww I know some of the DEV's love a challenge "cough Draconi cough"

((((Contest will go till April 3rd.))))

:thumbup: Lord Nabin of Napa has put up a 25mill prize for the winner. To be picked up on Napa Valley Shard. :thumbup:

Also if you make the design with House Builder. Please post link to your HB design. Include pic also if you like.

Castle is 31x31

http://builder.thelostlands.com/Castle-Base.hb

Keep is 24x24

http://builder.thelostlands.com/Keep-Base.hb

((Added in Base's for the Castle and Keep. Just load House Builder then the design.))

Make sure to NOT have a base like a plot.

What you can do is build a house with HB with a foundation.

Then take away the plot and build from there.

If you need help getting the base designs, use InSideUO.

InSide UO From Stratics

http://uo.stratics.com/heptazane/insideuo/index.shtml

InSide UO w/SE & ML animations

http://builder.thelostlands.com/InSideUO.zip

Lets see those designs. HB Download page.

http://builder.thelostlands.com/index.html

This is sorta a contest also. Nothing big won from this.

Other then the winning designs get added into House Builder.

Along with the name of the person who won.

So get out there and show me your designs.

Thank you cheesy I got it download but everytime i try to open it or launch it whatever yuo want to call it. it fails to open and says program not repsonding. any clue whats going on?

Which OS are you running?

Do you have UO updated?

Do you have your OS updated?

As HB needs .NET installed for this to work.

HB has issue's with Vista.

Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. It ended yesterday. But I have your design. I will be going thru them this weekend, and post the winner.

Once the winner has been chosen. They will be contacted. And arrangements will be made so that they can pickup the 25mill on Napa Valley from Lord Nabin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So here's a question...I'm trying to rip off your design a little for my 18x18 (hope you don't mind, I just really like your castle design). How did you get those nice thick walls? Are those something exclusive to home builder?

So here's a question...I'm trying to rip off your design a little for my 18x18 (hope you don't mind, I just really like your castle design). How did you get those nice thick walls? Are those something exclusive to home builder?

As Covak said I think they are there. Let us see your house after you create it :)

no theyre under the 'castle' walls, just keep scrolling through.

In the actual client? I only have 2 pages of wall categories in my customizer, and 'castle' isn't one of the options. But then again, I'm starting to suspect that I'm bugged in that respect...crystal and shadow walls are all grayed out in my customizer and provide a tooltip saying that I need to upgrade to the latest expansion, despite my having upgraded to ML ages ago. I've tried putting in a GM call about it a couple of times, but I guess it's one of those "low priority" issues for them, cause both times I waited several hours before giving up.

Still can't find it...went through all the wall types -- the closest to castle walls is 'light brick', but there are only the thin ones on the sub-menu. If you don't mind, could you post a screenshot of the top-level page of the editor where it is? Just so I can see if I am in fact missing editor pages as I think I might be...

umm I dont even know what that program is...I think he wants the in-game house customizer.

Correct. I rode around for a while yesterday though, looking for a house with those walls in-game and didn't find a single one, so I'm guessing it's not just me -- they don't exist in the in-game customizer.

Those should be added though. I don't like all the namby-pamby paper thin walls in game. I want some walls with (well, rhymes with walls and starts with a B).

Hmmm...maybe I'll build a sandstone fortress. That might look kinda neat.

Or it might look like luna. :/

Sandstone looks good, but I suggest you build it over in the desert near Umbra. If you build sandstone on grass it does kinda end up with a luna look.