I think there's supposed to be 35 colors in all, but given how it seems to be broken on some shards, like Chesapeake where it only spawned the first day in the West Brit Fields area, I wouldn't be surprised if they extended it after it's fixed or even made some changes to make it more available or accessible for everyone. So far, I've only seen Olive Green and Dark Blue at a slime spawn and was a bit disappointed I could not re-hue or color my Knight's Armor Set from Spring Cleaning 2008. Grr...

The trick to getting it to dye stuff, is you have to have the stuff with you in your bag. The Slime will avade you as soon as you double click It to dye your item, (the slime auto runs away). You have to be close to dye the item. A trick I have found, I use its life line/bar and put it close to my bag and have the item close. I then try to hide from it untill the slime comes close. When the slime is close i double click or use last object on the life line and target my item. You have to be Quick agility is the key.

BTW I would like to see the 35 colors does anyone have a chart they could post?

In Britain, you can get the slimes to attack you. They do minimal damage and the poison has no effect in the guard zone. When they do attack you, that is the time to use them to dye. They might still teleport away, but often they will race right back up to you. Sometimes they will teleport a short distance away and stand still. Walk slowly up to them, but don't get too close. You need not be right next to them to get them to dye objects. Above all, chasing them down requires patience.

A second trick I recommend is double clicking your dagger and targeting the item you wish to dye. Then create a last target macro. Thus the weapon was your last target. When you double click the slime, immediately use the last target macro to dye your item.