So i just aquired a 13x18 fel house, and it is driving me nuts because its long and i just cannot find a good style that i like with it, its in fel yew and i wanted some kind of nice homey place almost like a cottage or somthing. I was wondering if anyone could do a 13x18 Design for me, i would like to have a blacksmithy room, tailoring room, kitchen, livingroom, bedroom and bathroom, it can be how many floors as needed would like some bit of roof and maby a romantic place to sit.

well a house is easy made :), just make a base like a normal house and put a ladder near it, than on the top floor let it be a bit larger so u have a patio downstairs and than make a nice roof ontop of it :D...

I' ve made a house like that once when i had a small plot in inner luna, was lovely ^^

Is the short side the entrance side (i.e. the "porch" side) or is the long side the entrance side?

For a rectangular shaped lot that you want to be "cozy" but secure, I suggest a building with a roof on portion of the lot and a nice yard for the rest, with a half height wall around the perimeter to secure it. If the long side of the plot is the entrance side, with 18 tiles, you can center your building and make 2 decent "side" yards on either side, perhaps a smithy on one side, and a stable on the other for example.

You can make a nice welcoming gated entrance for the yard, but in reality, all you have to do to keep out the riffraff is make the access to the gate doors friends and higher, and hide a teleporter for yourself outside for quick entrance into the actual building. That will give you some security while not making your house look like a fortress (unless you are going for a fortress).

This is just an example of what I mean by a gated entrance. There are teleporters under the plants.

gate_entrance.jpg

Here is one of Ashyn's lovely designs...I think it is a 12X16 or thereabouts. (Unfortunately we won't be seeing new work from Ashyn as she sold her account earlier this week and has left the game).

1New.jpg

Skylark

Here is a house I made on a tiny rectangular plot where the short side was the entrance side. It was also crowded by the neighbors. It could be scaled up of course. In this case, the ladders can't offer restricted access, but I set the door to the tiny house as friends or higher, and there is a hidden teleporter at the porch by the house sign that takes the owner right inside the house.

prostkr_luna1.jpg

View under the house.

prostkr_luna2.jpg

-Skylark

the short side is entrance side, Yes i saw ashyn's houses and i loved them, their so pretty. ive never had a 13x18 house and the width of it is killing me since im use to wider houses. hopefully if keep playing around with stuff i find somthing cause id really like to keep this house im tried of moving hehe XD i really do appreciate everyone helping me with ideas :)

I found a design im in love with! i was sitting at the computer last night and i was about to log off since it was about 2am, then it hit me like a ton of bricks! i was so happy and excited that i get to deco finally! although its pretty bare right now i only just started moving my stuff from bank back into house so ive got awhile to go. but i will post update pictures when im finished. I hope the pics show up because ive never posted pics before haha XD

I just also want to say thank you to everyone that gave me ideas and help'd me i really appreciate it and happy to be a part of the fourms!

Mystic

post-8929-138097417456_thumb.jpg

post-8929-138097417462_thumb.jpg

post-8929-138097417465_thumb.jpg

looks excellent! Only problem I see is gonna be if someone decides to be kinda mean...they can target in the arches and windows for spells...

yea i set the bottem floor so that would be like a safe place, and added the back fence cause you cant cast through that i dont think. ive have a 2 or 3 packs of people run by so far and nothing seemed to have gone wrong yet hehe. and im currently working on the deco XD so it should be done within the next day or so hopefully.

ive have a 2 or 3 packs of people run by so far and nothing seemed to have gone wrong yet hehe. and im currently working on the deco XD so it should be done within the next day or so hopefully.

W-w-w-wait till one of 'em pops a Natures Fury into your house. Unless dat bug has been fixed.

W-w-w-wait till one of 'em pops a Natures Fury into your house. Unless dat bug has been fixed.

yea im hoping that wont happen hehe XD i thought it was only a bug where you couldnt have windows on first floor. i can always run outta my house to the pen next door if needed, its a guard zone.

lol In my pk days I saw some ione run in his tower once, we were with a bunch of 6. he toght he was safe, but than I popped a tower right next to his and 3 guarded the door while 3 others were casting flame strike on him and hit him with the fire horn...

I hope no PK groups near youre house are crazy enough to build a house just to kill some one? (I normally wouldn' t be but that guy pissed me off :P...)

Goodness greif! thats crazy, i dont think anyone has it out for me and i dont think theres any places to build a house around mine, so im safe i think. XD ive lived in fel awhile and ive had more open designs then this though, i think this one is safe too.

mayby I have a solturion fo you, try to make friends in the Pk realm :D...

Me and my guild once got bugged by another guild and they were killing the noobs of my guild in our guild town. when there guild was gone I had enough of it and I called some of my friends...

...what would you do when U see a bleu gate with 20 of the best PK' s on shard walking true it...

they runned like crazy but in the end they all got killed and we gave them a warning :)

never saw them ever again ^^

I-i-in da end, just build whats ya want and where. You just get smarters and yer plays better. I like f-f-f-f*ing Felucca. Although I am on account wit me offspring, and deys put da house wheres dey wants, we lived in fel until recently fer da longest time, and had a sweet setup. Go and do whats ya wants.