I am a huge believer that anything that bennefits game play should be obtainable through the game via normal game play. The same should be true of Tokuno Artifacts, but unfortunately it is not. Tokuno Artifacts should be a permanant system. That does not mean that they need to bring back the dyes, but the should at least bring back the items.

I can't agree with that.

There are many reasons why MMOs differ from SPGs (single player games). One of those reasons is the atmosphere of a "living world" which has a start, but no finish. No "going back" to a certain level (or "time" in game). No hitting the reset 'cause you forgot to hold on to a certain item or missed a portion of the game that you can't get back to.

Or, more importantly to anyone that was involved, it takes away from the "History".

You can not get new players interested in a game by telling them that they need to come up with 1 million gold to get an item that isn't worth 1 million gold because EA was to ignorant to realise that when you place suit making items into a game and remove them you are not acting in the best interests of the players. Those that worked the system would still have access to dyes that were unique (oh wait dyes were added back in through tokens).

No other game has "unique" suit items that are no longer obtainable in the game. WoW still has everything in the game obtainable through normal game play. I really don't care about the uniqueness of what players experienced as history. What I care about is getting suit pieces through normal game play and with the greatness of many of those pieces you honestly can not argue that they should not be obtainable through in game activity.

I am not necessarily saying they should use the same system though. I would personally love to see a purpose for Tokuno champion spawn sites, and I would love to see the Tokuno Artifacts implimented into that system.

Ok, let's make UO like every other game out there.

Oh wait, there's a reason why people who like UO utterly LOVE it, because it's NOT like every other game out there.

I really don't care about the uniqueness of what players experienced as history.

That tells me a lot more than the rest of your post.

I would personally love to see a purpose for Tokuno champion spawn sites

It already has a purpose, it's just like the Ilsh champ spawn sites.

Ok, let's make UO like every other game out there.

Oh wait, there's a reason why people who like UO utterly LOVE it, because it's NOT like every other game out there.

There is also a reason UO is dieing. That reason is because it is not willing to learn from its own mistakes like every other game has.

That tells me a lot more than the rest of your post.

Please tell me why those players should have a unique past from the rest of the player base. If I wanted to play in a game where everyone was unequal based on mistakes made by development (like making items unobtainable through normal game play that others obtained through normal game play) then I would play real life. This is a game, if you want unique history then you have it from what you bring to the game not from what you take away from the game.

It already has a purpose, it's just like the Ilsh champ spawn sites.

Which exist to do what? Look pretty? Those never had a purpose either. There is absolutely no reason to work champion spawn sites outside of Felucca. This game has been become about work versus reward. If you do not like that then that could be bad on you because there is no denying it is fact. There is no reason to put the work into those spawns because there is jack for reward, if they added an artifact system to those champion spawn sites it would give people a reason to actually work them.

Gonna have to agree with Dip here@! Uniqueness and History are what makes this game exactly that ...unique!

Unique with no players is not better than semi-unique but actually attracting a player base outside of the veterans that have played the game for years.

Also, I have no issues with unique items in the game that are not part of suits. I would perfer that those items were not in the game. I believe all items in the game should be obtainable through normal game play, but I have made peace with items that aren't greatly benneficial to players. However, in the case of items that have a great ammount of use to the players, those items should be obtainable through normal game play.

its really a pointless argument Devs arent going to do anything about it. UO has many reasons why it is dying, taking these arties away from vets who worked hard to get them will just lose more players. This "minor" argument wont make or break UO either way.

There is also a reason UO is dieing. That reason is because it is not willing to learn from its own mistakes like every other game has.

Can't argue with that. We just see different mistakes that need to be learned from.

Please tell me why those players should have a unique past from the rest of the player base. If I wanted to play in a game where everyone was unequal based on mistakes made by development (like making items unobtainable through normal game play that others obtained through normal game play) then I would play real life. This is a game, if you want unique history then you have it from what you bring to the game not from what you take away from the game.

Once again, it's one of the things that makes UO different from the other games. I had no problem with the way UO was with item rarity and I started playing UO in 2004. What's wrong with taking uniqueness out of a game, and let me remind you it is a game, that you "choose to play", not "choose how it works".

Which exist to do what? Look pretty? Those never had a purpose either. There is absolutely no reason to work champion spawn sites outside of Felucca. This game has been become about work versus reward. If you do not like that then that could be bad on you because there is no denying it is fact. There is no reason to put the work into those spawns because there is jack for reward, if they added an artifact system to those champion spawn sites it would give people a reason to actually work them.

Well, atleast you understand the "putting in work" for something in game part. But just because you don't feel as if the "work" you put in is worth the "reward" you get, then all I gotta say is, don't do the "work".

I thought this was a game, that you "play"?

Ilsh & Tokuno Champ Spawns drop roughly 150k gold, there's your reward.

its really a pointless argument Devs arent going to do anything about it. UO has many reasons why it is dying, taking these arties away from vets who worked hard to get them will just lose more players. This "minor" argument wont make or break UO either way.

I don't at all agree. I don't think anyone would leave the game because Tokuno Artifacts were obtainable again. The last time they turned Tokuno Artifacts back on the player base activity actually increased. I was there at the time fighting in Tokuno for the surprise of getting reasonable items. So, I guess that makes me one of those vets that "worked hard" (give me a break there is absolutely NOTHING hard about logging in every hour to kill 2-3 dread spiders for a minor artifact and getting 1 artifact a day so I have no clue what you are talking about).

No, but the compound of systems that screw newer players at the expense of bettering veteran players is never going to make anyone interested in UO. There are players that still play Shining Force and Final Fantasy consistently (so please don't try to tell me what is killing UO is the graphics). WoW has as many or more bugs then UO but people still flock to it.

Ilsh & Tokuno Champ Spawns drop roughly 150k gold, there's your reward.

I can make 150k in about 2 hours without having to play with others. I know, that is probably another thing that you and I disagree on. For me, UO is the ultimate solo player game. It adds new content often, it never really expires, I can do lots of different things, its unbeatable, and I have an always changing game experience (which I would like to include reasons to hunt in many different lands...without Tokuno Artifacts in the game Tokuno is a ghostland just like Malas).

actually i was referring to the vets that had to save up enough gp to buy them after the were turned off...no event put on by Uo has been hard at the time to get whatever. And Im not really sure how new players are getting screwed unless what you mean is every player should be equal. I played since 99 and there was always someone "better" or had more than me that I tried to emulate or at least looked up to and gave me incentive to play hard, even watching a gm tamer tame a dragon was exciting and I just had to learn how. And just about every mmo I have ever played made it easy for vets to get stuffs that newbs couldnt.

I can make 150k in about 2 hours without having to play with others. I know, that is probably another thing that you and I disagree on. For me, UO is the ultimate solo player game. It adds new content often, it never really expires, I can do lots of different things, its unbeatable, and I have an always changing game experience (which I would like to include reasons to hunt in many different lands...without Tokuno Artifacts in the game Tokuno is a ghostland just like Malas).

No, I can agree with being able to make 150k in 2 hours, I made that in less time. It's all about what you get out of it, if you don't like the way something works, there always something else you can do.

I still did Ilsh Champ Spawns for fun. That's it, just fun.

If you need a reward for doing something to make it fun, then I guess those spawns aren't for you.

I think and I still believe that they should leave the Tokuno arti's on..... Just like the 10th anniversary items they should be available to new and returning players..... It's not about rares.... if the items were meant to be rare then they shouldn't be created to be so useful... the trouble with the tokuno arties is that they create balance issues. Keeping them available continues to create balance...... Hey I don't care if not everyone can have a mounted pixie in their house..... that doesn't effect their ability to hunt and fight and arm themselves...... Keeping the Tokuno arties out of reach of new and returning players does......

There is a fine line between keeping things RARE and making the game an irritation to those who would try it out...... Rare items should not effect game play.... Take the recent Vine Cord Sandle issue.... this in unbalancing..... and should not be allowed.... One rare item that gives others a major advantage over others isn't helpful..... and I don't want to hear any whinning about how someone could buy a Barbed kit for 2 million and make their own......Not to mention many of the mods found on arties are not possible through the barbed armour... first off they would have to 120 a tailor...... at the bare minimum GM...... then there is working up to get the gold to afford a barbed kit..... or 24/7 farming of bods to actually get the bods needed to get a barbed kit...... what a bunch of folk forget is NOT everyone has a tailor..... not everyone has 20 million gold to play around with... and not everyone has 40+ hours a week to play UO..... Keeping items attainable when they are so very very useful is important....

I for one if I had to start from scratch would be hard pressed to do so... sure one can "get by" but for how long are you gonna want to stay at a game where you just "get by"? While everyone around you has so much.... Wouldn't be really appealing....

I still recall when I first began playing UO.... it was just a few months after Ren. came out.... I played for almost a year when it finally occured to me that I would NEVER be able to own a home.... Homes never fell..... and folk only sold the smallest of plots for upwards of 5 million gold!... I worked months and months and never had more than 100k..... It took me ages before I finally was able to purchase a tiny small tower... There are dozens of plot spaces available now... however those starting now soon realize that they can not compete litterally with the range of armour and weapons that Vets have....

I know I help new and returning characters all the time..... their chief complaint is they will never have the right stuff to compete.... When they ask me how I get some of the artifacts I wear they are saddened....

Now one thing I can say about the concideration of turning it on full time would be the drop rate would have to be conciderablly lowered.....

As far as the Tokuno champ..... Personally I wish they would add something like scrolls of alacrity to it..... and perhaps make the old good tokuno dyes a rare chance much like getting a crimmy at a peerless.

MXu2.gif

4V6z.gif

Tnyp.gif

actually i was referring to the vets that had to save up enough gp to buy them after the were turned off...no event put on by Uo has been hard at the time to get whatever. And Im not really sure how new players are getting screwed unless what you mean is every player should be equal. I played since 99 and there was always someone "better" or had more than me that I tried to emulate or at least looked up to and gave me incentive to play hard, even watching a gm tamer tame a dragon was exciting and I just had to learn how. And just about every mmo I have ever played made it easy for vets to get stuffs that newbs couldnt.

I agree with you that someone always has more than others. Those are people to emulate. However, I believe that players should be able to get there on there own and the systems should be in place to get them there. I'm not saying that they should just give away Tokuno Artifacts and Veteran Rewards. What I am saying is that they should be obtainable through WORKING FOR THEM instead of buying them. You should be able to get every item in this game by putting in the work needed to get it instead of having to buy a veteran account in order to have access to an etheral mount (for example).

Also, I was one of those players that had to spend gold on the items. I recently bought a SOP and I spent over 10 million gold on my mage's suit a few years ago before I bailed on the game after giving every single item I had to other players including dropping my house to go play WoW.

I don't believe that EA should have EVER turned off Tokuno Artifacts. It was inapropriate to ever have this system be temporary. Unforunately, you can not go back and change what has happened. You can only move on, and in the spirit of doing so you need to start trying to even out issues that seperate the player base through systems.

Sooooooo.... if I don't have a Tailor, I should be able to obtain Tailored items without buying from a Tailor?

Everything has a price, whether it be gold, time, or whatever. IF you want an item badly enough, you will do whatever it takes to get the item.

If you want a Power Scroll, you have 2 options, do a Fel Champ Spawn, or buy one from another player.

If you want a Tokuno Arty, you have 2 options, kill someone with it and hope they didn't insure it, or buy one from another player.

No, I can agree with being able to make 150k in 2 hours, I made that in less time. It's all about what you get out of it, if you don't like the way something works, there always something else you can do.

I still did Ilsh Champ Spawns for fun. That's it, just fun.

If you need a reward for doing something to make it fun, then I guess those spawns aren't for you.

I don't need a reward for doing something other than fun, but unless you can make the arguement that those spawns are soloable then please tell me how I would get enough players interested in them just for fun.

another reason for doing Ilsh champ spawns is for grps to tune up on before hitting Fel ones

I don't agree because I feel that most PvM oriented guilds never step foot in Felucca. I have beaten to death the fact that champion spawns shouldn't be in Felucca at all, so I really don't want to get into it other than saying the way to add to PvP in UO was not to force players to PvM in PvP areas. Although, in my day I have had a crap load of fun in Felucca doing those spawns, so I have come to accept them as being there, and yes the PvP aspect does heighten the fun.

Sooooooo.... if I don't have a Tailor, I should be able to obtain Tailored items without buying from a Tailor?

You can MAKE a tailor. You can not make a Tokuno Artifact.

Everything has a price, whether it be gold, time, or whatever. IF you want an item badly enough, you will do whatever it takes to get the item.

Or you will come to the conclusion that any game that has items you can't even get on your own is not worth your time and go back to playing WoW.

If you want a Power Scroll, you have 2 options, do a Fel Champ Spawn, or buy one from another player.

Exactly, and I am the type of person that will chose going to Felucca. I am not the type of person that will pay an insane ammount of gold to another player for ANY item. I simply do without or go get it myself.

If you want a Tokuno Arty, you have 2 options, kill someone with it and hope they didn't insure it, or buy one from another player.

So, you don't want to have people be able to get them legitimately, but you have no problem screwing people over to get them, but you think that is ok because you are some big bad Felucca red and that somehow makes you better than me. If you really want to go there, Trammelites are what keep the money coming into this game so players like you can have their Felucca ghost land to play around in.

I don't need a reward for doing something other than fun, but unless you can make the arguement that those spawns are soloable then please tell me how I would get enough players interested in them just for fun.

Yes, they can be soloed. If you can't find anyone to do it with you, you aren't looking enough. There are others out there that play the game for fun and not trinkets/items/rewards.

I don't agree because I feel that most PvM oriented guilds never step foot in Felucca. I have beaten to death the fact that champion spawns shouldn't be in Felucca at all, so I really don't want to get into it other than saying the way to add to PvP in UO was not to force players to PvM in PvP areas. Although, in my day I have had a crap load of fun in Felucca doing those spawns, so I have come to accept them as being there, and yes the PvP aspect does heighten the fun.

We had a guild on LA (UO:F) and did exactly what Merth said. Although we split before really getting into the Fel side, we had started to, but practiced on the Ilsh Champs first.

So Gale what all these threads boil down to is you are a returning vet that wants what all the vets that stayed here have and since you cant get it without shelling out the dough you are po'ed about it?

You can MAKE a tailor. You can not make a Tokuno Artifact.

But you can make gold to buy a Tokuno Artifact.

Or you will come to the conclusion that any game that has items you can't even get on your own is not worth your time and go back to playing WoW.

Personal opinion. I haven't ran across many others (actually, you are the first) that complained about Tokuno Arties.

Exactly, and I am the type of person that will chose going to Felucca. I am not the type of person that will pay an insane ammount of gold to another player for ANY item. I simply do without or go get it myself.

Good, that's what I do too. If I can't get it, I do without also.

So, you don't want to have people be able to get them legitimately, but you have no problem screwing people over to get them, but you think that is ok because you are some big bad Felucca red and that somehow makes you better than me. If you really want to go there, Trammelites are what keep the money coming into this game so players like you can have their Felucca ghost land to play around in.

=) It's good to know you can tell I enjoy my time in Felucca. But that isn't the issue here, nor is Trammelites keeping the money coming.

I roamed Fel without much, I grew up on my own there. My first "PvP" suit would make even the Trammiest Trammelite laugh.

I was never a big bad red, I just had fun, with or without Tokuno Items.

So Gale what all these threads boil down to is you are a returning vet that wants what all the vets that stayed here have and since you cant get it without shelling out the dough you are po'ed about it?

But your forgetting the new player... if UO is to continue it must eventually get new players... and in order to attract and keep new players... then UO needs to keep things attainable......

There is an issue with supply and demand..... another thing that keeping the Tokuno arties out of circulation does is encourage dupers to create supply for the demand...... keeping them attainable by IN GAME real means removes the incentive to create them through more unscrupulous ones.... That is one VERY important lesson I think many people forget or do not concider.

MXu2.gif

4V6z.gif

Tnyp.gif

You also started in 1999. When I started in 2000 I wasn't exactly worried about items either. I was in Felucca quite a few times on characters that never had pimped suits. I was in Felucca on toons that didn't have Tokuno Artifacts. I also had a mage that had a 10 million gold (or more) suit that I made in the time that Tokuno Artifacts were not turned on (I bought SOP, RBC, and KOR).

However, when they turned back on Treasures of Tokuno, Tokuno was just so much more fun. I actually loved doing Tokuno Champion Spawns and hunting for minors. I would just like to get back some of that fun again. I also have a fear that if you want to make the arguement that you can just buy these items now then what happens when these items are no longer purchasable. If everyone that makes a new character buys these items for their suit then it is going to be pretty hard to find them.

I don't even necessarily mind paying 1 million gold for these items. I can make over 1 million gold in a day. I would just like to be able to actually fight and earn these items instead of buying them from other players.

Not at all. I can shell out the gold for it. Gold income has NOTHING to do with it. I can make over a million a day and when I came back to play on LS I had over 30 million gold to spend and I did so (I actually bought many of the items you accuse me of being upset about not being able to buy).

What this all boils down to is I am a returning veteran that is pissed off that events that add fun to the game (I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST during Tokuno Artifact Phase 2) were turned off. Its more about the fun of getting these items then the actual items themselves. Farming back to back Miasmas to get gold with my almost completed greater dragon is fast enough to buy almost any item I actually want after a week. The thing is, this gets boring just as fast, and I don't understand why a system that added fun to my game play had to be turned off.

What's the difference between killing critters for Tokuno Arties opposed to killing critters for gold to purchase Tokuno Arties?

And when you bring up "what happens when there are no more left to buy?", all I can say is "good".

ahhh a much better argument imo. turn back on fun spawns with interesting and usable rewards. This I can agree to :)

Hell they don't even have to be Tokuno Artifacts. Just give me an actual reason to log in and go hunt other than farming for gold. Gold farming just gets boring. I like seeing interesting items appear in my back pack much more than I like seeing gold. They could simply improve the Ilshenar Artifacts (where are the new artifacts they promised to add and when are they going to take the trash ones out) and ML Artifacts (they are rather good with few bad ones but some of them could be trashed and I would like to see some more items added in).

The arguement boils down to the fact that I want to work hard to build a suit for myself. I want to be able to look back and see when I got this item and that item. I hate buying items because I would rather get them myself. I actually enjoy PvM. I also enjoy PvP. I don't like the fact that PvP has become all about the suit and because of the disparity of items you have to grind gold as your only way of building a suit and that bothers me.

pvp also all about the third party apps and speed hacks :P

The funny thing here is that everyone claims that but no one has proven it. I mean no offense, but I think it is easier to say that you lost to a hack then that you lost to someone that was simply on a better computer, a better conection, or a better skill level than you. I'm not saying that the hacks don't exist, but I don't beleive they are as wide spread as people have said they are for years. Ideally there would be no hacks. The developers seem to be clueless about how to fix hacks. I propose they just make all the hacks legal and just let everyone compete on the same level as long as those hacks are doing harm to the client (in which case perma bans are the answer).

No proof to speedhacking?

YouTube - Ultima Online Cheat Engine Testing

It's easily visible in game and there's no comparison to having a better/worse connection.

Other 3rd party programs have been in use forever and "proven" to work for those that use them.

Please tell me how that shows speed hacking at all. I have never speed hacked and I still normally out run almost everyone that is trying to chase me. Its called having a good computer and a fast connection. People like thinking they can compete without having a decent set up and that just ends up screwing them in the end. I have never been out ran in PvP...I have always been able to run screens ahead of people. I have also always played this game with a good connection and a PC that is far above UO standards.

This thread is rather ridiculous.

1. Anyone can make a tailor...you can even get to 120 tailoring on strictly Oil cloths now too...so dont tell me its too hard to make.

2. Tokuno Arties dropped for a small time...

Same as Ranger Armor, Phoenix Armor...event items...etc etc..only were available for a short time.

Subdue, Calm...etc....

The bottom line is this:

Stop whining.

New players?

We were all new players at one time for Petes sake. We had to earn our way.

I dont speedhack...I dont cheat..I dont scam...and I am only average at PvP.

I even took 1 year off from UO and shut my account down and when I came back..all my characters were still here. I was under the impression everything went *poof*. I started again from scratch.

Here I am, 4 years later.

Stone Keep in Fel. 500+ mil in the bank.

Thousands of arties, marties, +20 scrolls..

Why?

Work and the help of a guild like LNR.

But the key word there is WORK!

You act like a noobie coming back should have everything handed to him.

I was away for the Tokuno event. You dont hear me whining "give me arties"

I earned gold and bought the Grips I needed...heck...they arent even that expensive...

I bought a RBC last night for 1 mil.

Seriously, sometimes the people in this game amaze me with their ability to whine over the smallest things.

Making money in UO is easy. Even a complete idiot can sit at brit bank and get an idea of prices and then buy the "deals" that pop up and re-sell them for profit.

Its not un-common at all to be sitting at Brit Bank and see a guy spamming "Selling (insert item here) for 1 million".

Then buy it and re-sell it 5 minutes later to the next joe schmoe that runs into the bank and says "paying 2 mil for (previous item mentioned)"

I see the above scenario daily in UO.

"The funny thing here is that everyone claims that but no one has proven it."

No offense...but you and a few other people seem to either:

A. never played on ATL

B. run into a large PvP oriented guild

Go to HOT boards, SX boards...look at the screenshots...

When you notice 99% of them have CheatEngine/Razor in their screenshots...thats more then enough proof.

Also...regardless of computer speed....you can tell a hack from enhanced computer..

If you are fast from connection...then you run over every single tile...

But some people literally jump tiles while running (aka...speedhacking)

Please tell me how that shows speed hacking at all. I have never speed hacked and I still normally out run almost everyone that is trying to chase me. Its called having a good computer and a fast connection. People like thinking they can compete without having a decent set up and that just ends up screwing them in the end. I have never been out ran in PvP...I have always been able to run screens ahead of people. I have also always played this game with a good connection and a PC that is far above UO standards.

I will admit, I had a crappy connection most the time, but still competed and killed many cheaters (speedhackers, other 3rd party program users) and a lot of my problem WAS my connection.

It's not hard to tell the difference though.

In that vid shown, you're going to tell me that everyone else involved in the "race" had the exact same connection while the one that "jumps" ahead had that much better of a connection?

I think Lim hit on a very important point: while guilds and people have tried to 'help' new people and players and think they're doing this major good, it has created a 'gimme' playerbase where everyone thinks it's theirs, should be theirs, etc, and shouldn't have to do anything to get it. I miss the UO of old where there was no insurance and you had to have player interaction or good chars of your own just to compete. I guess I'm in the minority now :)

Not the minority Calell.

There are many of us who think you should have to work for what you get.

But theres always people to help you.

For example. If you joined LNR on Atlantic....we have people who can help with armor and weapons.

We let people have whatever +15 Powerscrolls they need for any of their chars for free. Then we obviously roll for any 20's.

But a brand new player could get his skill max set in every skill possible to 115 easily with a fel based guild.

Then theres trammel based guilds like UWF that will help out noobies with equipment and hunts.

UO is a big game....and its great....because we have communities everywhere looking to help noobies.

But you still have to be willing to work some for it.

You arent going to join a guild and get a bag with 20 million checks in it as a welcoming gift.

2. Tokuno Arties dropped for a small time...

Same as Ranger Armor, Phoenix Armor...event items...etc etc..only were available for a short time.

Subdue, Calm...etc....

Show me one person using ranger armor (which never dropped it came from an instore promotion), pheonix armor (which never dropped it came from clean up brit event) in a suit. The difference is that ToT items are SUIT building peices and are getting harder and harder to find.

Stop whining.

Thanks for feeling the need to judge all others but I was never whining.

New players?

We were all new players at one time for Petes sake. We had to earn our way.

Right and we all earned our way by having to come up with 10 million before we could actually play the game? I don't think so. Plus, have you seen any new players earn there way lately in UO? Also, in other games such as WoW you don't exactly have to earn anything and obviously they are on to something if they have over 10 million players.

I dont speedhack...I dont cheat..I dont scam...and I am only average at PvP.

You do realise everyone that has ever had to come straight out and make those comments unsolicited are normally lieing right?

I even took 1 year off from UO and shut my account down and when I came back..all my characters were still here. I was under the impression everything went *poof*. I started again from scratch.

Good for you.

Here I am, 4 years later.

Stone Keep in Fel. 500+ mil in the bank.

Thousands of arties, marties, +20 scrolls..

Hmm this speaks highly of elitist attitude. Maybe your reason for not having ToT is that you are bennefiting highly from the fact that players have to buy them in Luna currently for 1 or 2 million a peice. BTW, having 500+ mil in 4 years is nothing to brag about. It just means you never managed to have a life in 4 years either. A keep in Felucca is 30 million if that so its also not something to brag about. It seems like all you are really braging about is the fact you chose to live your life in this game instead of looking outside of it. Good for you, but thats not an accomplishment.

Why?

Work and the help of a guild like LNR.

But the key word there is WORK!

Did you miss the part where UO was a game? I mean, if I want to work you better pay me with something better than pixelated crack. If you think any suit building item should not be completely obtainable through simply going and getting it yourself then you are wrong. ToT items are suit building peices...if they were pheonix armor or ranger armor they could sit in the houses of bank sitters like yourself that feel the need to brag about how they traded their real life for this game for the last 10 years and I wouldn't say anything about them.

You act like a noobie coming back should have everything handed to him.

I was away for the Tokuno event. You dont hear me whining "give me arties"

I earned gold and bought the Grips I needed...heck...they arent even that expensive...

I never once asked for a SINGLE item. You act like you are better than everyone and can sit in judgement. You don't see me trying to judge a single person do you? I simply earned life and got my degree instead of sitting in this game for constant hours at the expense of real life. Hell, in the end I ended up a lot more ahead of the game and everything you currently have in UO I could buy in a month once I start work. So what does that say about you?

I bought a RBC last night for 1 mil.

Good for you...I haven't even been able to find one recently or I wouldn't mind buying one.

Seriously, sometimes the people in this game amaze me with their ability to whine over the smallest things.

Not as much as the ability of people to sit in judgement when they absolutely don't understand where I am coming from at all. Here is a hint, it has nothing to do AT ALL with items. It has everything to do with having a reason to actually hunt in Tokuno. Tokuno is currently mostly a ghost town and during ToT people actually went there. So, you have marties (Ilsh), marties (ML), arties (Doom), arties (anti-virtue)...please explain to me why those system are in the game to promote hunting in those areas, but ToT can't promote hunting in Tokuno.

Making money in UO is easy. Even a complete idiot can sit at brit bank and get an idea of prices and then buy the "deals" that pop up and re-sell them for profit.

Some of us actually go out and work to get those items to make all the money instead of just the profit. Thanks for admitting you are nothing but a bank sitting pos that does nothing but resell though. You my friend are the true evil of this game. Hell, I venture to say bank sitters such as yourself are the only reason I would ever support a Felucca only ruleset with no guard zones. Get out of Britian and go play the game before you complain about how others should play it please.

Its not un-common at all to be sitting at Brit Bank and see a guy spamming "Selling (insert item here) for 1 million".

Then buy it and re-sell it 5 minutes later to the next joe schmoe that runs into the bank and says "paying 2 mil for (previous item mentioned)"

Do you have any idea how scummy that makes you? I mean seriously, people like you make me absolutely sick. You can sit here and judge me because I want to play the game but you can sit in Britian and buy and resell exploiting people's ignorance and that makes you 1337? In RL you would be in jail (well unless you worked for a large corporation) for unfair trade practices but that makes you cool in UO I guess....it must because you seem to enjoy bragging about it. Yet I'm a whiner and you are 1337 because when I leave the guard zone to go play the game you exploit people's weaknesses.

Right and we all earned our way by having to come up with 10 million before we could actually play the game? I don't think so. Plus, have you seen any new players earn there way lately in UO? Also, in other games such as WoW you don't exactly have to earn anything and obviously they are on to something if they have over 10 million players.

Just had to say, it doesn't take 10 million to play the game.

There are many of us who think you should have to work for what you get.

So, in the spirit of working for what you get...sitting in Britian waiting for someone to come sell you an item worth 2 million for 1 million is more work than going out to spend all day killing Tokuno monsters for 1 artifact how exactly? I mean, I chain back to back Mel's...I get items that sell for much more than a ToT cost. Yet, I actually want to go get ToT myself because when that program was in the game it was some of the most fun I ever had in game.

UO is a big game....and its great....because we have communities everywhere looking to help noobies.

I disgree because I feel that you should be able to do things on your own and you should strive to do so. I would much rather not feel indebted to anyone, and I am definately not one to look for hand outs.

But you still have to be willing to work some for it.

Yes because running DH, Travesty, and Lady Mel keys back to back in order to get items and duoing the Felucca side of the invasion with a friend to get shields, swords, and mounts is just sitting on my arse at the bank in Britian. I mean, hell I don't know what working for it means if that is the case.

Okay so I only really read the first page of 'arguments' but in my own opinion I just have to say I agree with Dip and anyone else who says the uniqueness is what makes the game that much more fun and enjoyable. Honestly its just like they say in RL - if everyone was the same, life would be boring.

THat is the same with UO. If we were all able to 'veterans' what fun would the game be? What would you have to look forward to? I mean I took a brief hiatus from the game for about a year and half (i was pregnant and other things were more important) and i missed the whole tokono thing. I am upset only because i didnt get the chance to get any of the arties, but that is my fault not the games . . . it just gives me something to work towards. I know I want tokono dyes - so i will have to buy them - so that means i have to adventure more, earn more money and buy what i want.

That is UO.

Just had to say, it doesn't take 10 million to play the game.

Agree. I dont think i have ever had 10 million.

and if you align yourself with the right people there is always somewhere to help you (like lim said) keep an eye open and an open mind. You have to play the game to get what you want. And most of the time when just going around the game in different aspects you'll find some awesome things.

Like with my house - i have tons of stuff that would have cost ALOT of money, but i found it on the ground or whatever - people are always dropping stuff or trading things.

Id say 1 mil would be sufficient to have a kick ass character - and that isnt hard to obtain after playing.

It does to have a suit worth playing with though. Unless of course you go out and get the pieces yourself and do with out in a lot of cases.

If you can't create a suit to do whatever you need to do in game without the use of a single Tokuno Arty (minor or major), then you need to do a little more research.

Show me one person using ranger armor (which never dropped it came from an instore promotion), pheonix armor (which never dropped it came from clean up brit event) in a suit. The difference is that ToT items are SUIT building peices and are getting harder and harder to find.

You got the point. They were only available for a short time. Like the currently attainable Knights Armor. Which is supposedly going to be usable in PvP. Yet, in 3 years...it wont be attainable. Should it start dropping?

By your logic...nothing should ever have a rarity to it.

Thanks for feeling the need to judge all others but I was never whining.

To judge all others? Nope, just judging your whining.

I havent seen a ton of Young players...but I see some. 10 million is not needed to play and ToT dropping isnt going to change this.

Anyone can make an account....build a tailor...by killing cows..skinning them...making armor. Or selling the hides. We were all new at some point and had to do this stuff.

You do realise everyone that has ever had to come straight out and make those comments unsolicited are normally lieing right?

Come to Atlantic ... ask anyone with a rep around. I would be one of the last people in the entire game to be accused of cheating.

Hmm this speaks highly of elitist attitude. Maybe your reason for not having ToT is that you are bennefiting highly from the fact that players have to buy them in Luna currently for 1 or 2 million a peice. BTW, having 500+ mil in 4 years is nothing to brag about. It just means you never managed to have a life in 4 years either. A keep in Felucca is 30 million if that so its also not something to brag about. It seems like all you are really braging about is the fact you chose to live your life in this game instead of looking outside of it. Good for you, but thats not an accomplishment.

1. Stone Keep on Atlantic Fel is 130-150 mil...you obviously know nothing of Atlantic UO economy.

2. I dont have a LUNA vendor...I hate vendors....I buy off them. But I hate stocking them...so no....I dont make money off players selling them.

3. Elitist? Yeah, except last I checked Elitist dont call themselves Average PvPers...I would have called myself a PvP God if I was elitist.

4. Live my life in this game? MWHAHA...

Lets see:

www.glorybasketball.com

A. Married with a nice house and 2 dogs...

B. I run a Non-profit AAU basketball program. Which travels the nation.

C. I work for a Non-Profit bank

These are not normally lifestyles off someone who lives through the game.

Actually I play in spurts. Some months I play 1-4 hours at night when my wife goes to bed. Or I play on a weekend or day off when I am at home with my dogs. I just got done playing alot as I live in MN where is snows in winter and it keeps me in doors.

Remember that judging comment? Seems to me you are the one making random judgements here. You make it sound like to succeed financially in this game you have to play 24/7.

Its not difficult. Its not my fault in random play time you cant amass as much money as I can. Or should we start a give money to gale fund. Since you seem to think anyone with more money/pixels then you must be obssessed with the game like its evercrack or something. lol

Did you miss the part where UO was a game? I mean, if I want to work you better pay me with something better than pixelated crack. If you think any suit building item should not be completely obtainable through simply going and getting it yourself then you are wrong. ToT items are suit building peices...if they were pheonix armor or ranger armor they could sit in the houses of bank sitters like yourself that feel the need to brag about how they traded their real life for this game for the last 10 years and I wouldn't say anything about them.

Bank sitter? I am in LNR. Along with HOT..one of the longest PvP related guilds in all of UO. The more you post the more confused you sound.

Guess what...the items dropped for a short time. We all knew that. Calm and Subdue are fantastic PvP weapons and I would gladly use Calm for my Tank Mage suit. It would perfect it. Shadow Artillary? The crossbow for mages that is ridiculously over-powered? Doesnt drop anymore...

Also, as mentioned earlier...the snakeskin boots and the knights armor are thought to be done after publish 53. Yet, people like you will cry for them in 30 publishes.

I never once asked for a SINGLE item. You act like you are better than everyone and can sit in judgement. You don't see me trying to judge a single person do you? I simply earned life and got my degree instead of sitting in this game for constant hours at the expense of real life. Hell, in the end I ended up a lot more ahead of the game and everything you currently have in UO I could buy in a month once I start work. So what does that say about you?

Actually, you judged me from your second paragraph. You also asked for items. Once you start work?You could buy it then?

lol...you sound like an "smart" guy.

I have been working in RL for a longtime smart guy. I would never pay RL money for pixelated items. You just took this argument to a hilarious level.

Because I am better at a easy game then you...you attempt to attack my life? Nice try sherlock.

But your attempt was an Epic Fail.

Good for you...I haven't even been able to find one recently or I wouldn't mind buying one.

I would gladly sell you a RBC for 1.5 mil

Not as much as the ability of people to sit in judgement when they absolutely don't understand where I am coming from at all. Here is a hint, it has nothing to do AT ALL with items. It has everything to do with having a reason to actually hunt in Tokuno. Tokuno is currently mostly a ghost town and during ToT people actually went there. So, you have marties (Ilsh), marties (ML), arties (Doom), arties (anti-virtue)...please explain to me why those system are in the game to promote hunting in those areas, but ToT can't promote hunting in Tokuno.

It seems Travesty is there. People go there all the time.

I see people taming Rune Beetles all the time.

Killing Fan Dancers.

You obviously live in a wierd world. Because I see people there all the time.

The bottom line is...you want to be able to get rewards you werent here for.

Why dont you take this stupid energy and put it into getting the items in the current event you will be able to have that no one else will.

Some of us actually go out and work to get those items to make all the money instead of just the profit. Thanks for admitting you are nothing but a bank sitting pos that does nothing but resell though. You my friend are the true evil of this game. Hell, I venture to say bank sitters such as yourself are the only reason I would ever support a Felucca only ruleset with no guard zones. Get out of Britian and go play the game before you complain about how others should play it please.

lol...mwahahahahhaa...that whole paragraph is so hypocritical of what you claim you are and its equally opposite of what you have been saying.

I can bank sit for 20 minutes and PvP for the other 3 hours if I damn well choose. You sir, are a complete idiot.

Do you have any idea how scummy that makes you? I mean seriously, people like you make me absolutely sick. You can sit here and judge me because I want to play the game but you can sit in Britian and buy and resell exploiting people's ignorance and that makes you 1337? In RL you would be in jail (well unless you worked for a large corporation) for unfair trade practices but that makes you cool in UO I guess....it must because you seem to enjoy bragging about it. Yet I'm a whiner and you are 1337 because when I leave the guard zone to go play the game you exploit people's weaknesses.

No, I am leet because I dont use numbers to talk. I am also leet because ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO ME.

Arguing with you is going to go nowhere as you post like a child. You have the rants of a 5 year old. Insults left and right. It explains your gimmie, gimmie attitude.

You are the kind of person that fails at life. You scream from the mountain tops that you are being screwed. But you ignore the options before you.

You could easily buy and re-sell. I dont scam anyone. Someone sells something on a vendor or at the bank. I say...I will buy it.

I then stick it in my bank. Months down the road if I am dropping off +20's from a Champ or Hair Dye from a Mel...and someone is spamming "Paying etc...for "said item"

I walk up to them and drop it on them.

Man...what a effin scammer I am.

I got bored of the flames and stopped reading but I do have a question.

Why were the Ilsh and Tokuno spawns turned off? Did they ever drop power scrolls?

imho, I wouldn't mind seeing them turned back on. Why? Because that area of the game is completely empty and dead. No one ever goes there. Its sad. I run around Ilsh exploring and I have ran into 1 person once in the 3 months I have been back! ONE PERSON! Those areas need some life breathed into them. They could make new items for the spawns to drop as well, but I guess people would just cry about them putting in more items.

I'm not sure why people are so opposed to Tokuno Arties dropping again. In the end does it hurt anyone at all? No, well I guess it would hurt the greedy rare collector who wants the only one on the server so he can dupe it like the vine cords and sell them for 100's of millions of gold. Oops, I said it! =):eusa_eh:

Also, I think weapons/armor of runic grade should have a chance to drop off the more difficult monsters in the game. Like Balrons and Greater Dragons. There is no reason why tailors should have such a huge money making market. Its just as challenging to sit in town and skill up tailoring as it is to go out and beat stuff with a sword. The items that drop can have the same randomness as making barbed for all I care. Just give monsters a chance to drop equivalent items!

BTW, I make money off people in a similar way, its not scamming its called good business practice. Buy low, sell high. So you see something for really cheap, buy it, and then sell it for higher. I made 1.3mil off of two items this weekend. People at the bank said "buying blah blah blah" I asked how much, they said how much, I went to a vendor were it was 4x cheaper, bought it, sold it to them. Is that dirty? No, I take the time to go from vendor to vendor checking and marking items and I take the time to remember where they are. I can't help it if they don't do the same. Also, they set the price not me.

BTW, I make money off people in a similar way, its not scamming its called good business practice. Buy low, sell high. So you see something for really cheap, buy it, and then sell it for higher. I made 1.3mil off of two items this weekend. People at the bank said "buying blah blah blah" I asked how much, they said how much, I went to a vendor were it was 4x cheaper, bought it, sold it to them. Is that dirty? No, I take the time to go from vendor to vendor checking and marking items and I take the time to remember where they are. I can't help it if they don't do the same. Also, they set the price not me.

EXACTLY!

Why were the Ilsh and Tokuno spawns turned off? Did they ever drop power scrolls?

I understand your point and commend you on being able to request ToT items in a respectful adult manor.

They never dropped powerscrolls and while I think that would be a bad idea to have them drop them as Felluca has that.

I do like the idea floating around about having them drop alacrity scrolls.

Alacrity scrolls would increase Illshenar activity a ton.

I still hunt there as Paragons give you a chance for marties and some of the places are great for loot there. The harpy nest is great for feathers.

The Balrons in Blood Dungeon are good for getting paragon Ballys for the Paragon chests....which is another positive of Illshenar. The paragon chests are collectable.

The bottom line is...I am not being greedy. As I have said. I was away from the game for the whole ToT event. I missed it all. I am stuck buying what I need. Thats the advantage for the people that were there during it.

Its not their fault that I wasnt around for it and they were. I shouldnt reap the benfits of their hard work during the event months later.

Not to mention, if you drop them...it will flood the market like they did with Illshenar marties...theres already too many of those around right now.

If Stormgrips were flooded in the market. They would sell for like 100k each which would make them deflate past their intended value.

I understand that the Kasa, RBC and Stormgrips are major suit builders.

But so are the Sammy helm and Heart of the Lion or Fey Leggings.

Not every suit building piece should have 1,000 of itself on the shard.

Besides....in UO's current economy. 1-2 mil isnt going to break anyones back to make. If it does....you arent paying attention.

You can make 1 mil in a day by just running through despise and looting the gold people like my guild: LNR or HOT, VIP!, UOMH dont take from the spawn. They drop 150k plus each time.

In response to Tokono and Ilsh being dead - maybe its just your shards because personally on Chesapeake Im there quite often, and see people a lot. My home Guild has its base in the Tokono Islands and we run events there often - a few weeks ago we got a bunch of people together and went into the yamatso mines to tame fire beetles for people. And lately we've been doing parties for the travesty.

as for ilsh - we recently has a group there to do the spellweaving quest - and more often then not i do see people in and around gargoyle city (which is in ilsh) ALSO lately at spirituality in ilsh i have noticed more and more people coming.

so i guess its just what shard you are on and who is willing to forge ahead.