**CALLING** Europa ex UO Rpers

Hmm my mind still boggles, i mean why drag UO RPers onto a non-Roleplay server when there is a perfectly welcoming and nice RP server in Laurelin!? Where RP is encouraged and rules are in place to keep the server so.

Where Simms Roggran (very old LB member) runs a highly successful guild of RP mercenaries. We also have hardcore RP guilds of Gondorian Knights, fully RP Elven, Dwarven, Hobbit and guilds of men.

Of course you also have Henry Winter, Billy Corgan and of course me here too! :)

Hmm my mind still boggles, i mean why drag UO RPers onto a non-Roleplay server when there is a perfectly welcoming and nice RP server in Laurelin!? Where RP is encouraged and rules are in place to keep the server so.

Where Simms Roggran (very old LB member) runs a highly successful guild of RP mercenaries. We also have hardcore RP guilds of Gondorian Knights, fully RP Elven, Dwarven, Hobbit and guilds of men.

Of course you also have Henry Winter, Billy Corgan and of course me here too! :)

I have to say you do have a point there Raul - I thought everyone had more-or-less gone to Snowbourn and initially assumed it was an RP server.

Guess its time we here in Snowbourn had the debate =)

Snowbourne aint a none-rp server.. its just not a dedicated rp server.

As to why... i reckon callum wanted his friends were he is and he went to were a few others he knew was hanging out.

As to why we are here.. it was first on the list of servers and was the busiest thats why i went here, no malice behind it really... couldnt find any info on community .. forums etc so went to busiest server.

/twoiee

There are alot of rp guilds of one shade or another on Laurelin as Raul says - take a look at the guild listing thread on the main LOTRO-europe site for that server. Looking at the equivalent list on Snowbourn doesnt look half as good.

My instinct is to follow where most of the folk I know have gone but would also equally suggest they check out Laurelin before their characters get too far advanced.

As to why... i reckon callum wanted his friends were he is and he went to were a few others he knew was hanging out.

I have to say this is the truth.

Alynora has been a massive help already and always willing to give up HER time to help others for no reward and with no moaning.

Same goes for Twothumb and Garod.

Its about being part of something with *friends* - my oldest and closest and most long-suffering friends.

I want to be in a guild where people get along and help each other out and are part of something.

I have that and I am happy with it =)

Anyone who wants to be a part of this can be.

Well if a few threads had been started and we knew who did/didnt play where it would of been a guide for us as I knew nothing about the above guilds established there.

As it is,I just followed Twoie to Snowbourn and it went from there.

There are 8 of us in a kinship now on Snowbourn too, so you would be welcome too to come make a character and join us occassionally.

Theres no reason why we cant roleplay if we want to on Snowbourn and we can also come to join in with you on Laurelin.

eh, well I just followed the gnomish one personally, although I did put up a question earlier about which server. :) anyways, garod & I just stuck it out here, but I have an alt also on laurelin, so will also check things out there as well. doesn't hurt after all :)

*guilty*

No really - I've had awsome rp on snowbourn. also many nonrpers love it when you rp with them.. Sure some that dont bother... but hey i choose who to hang with myself :P So those that dont like me rping... they go down the gutter!

I made my first character on Laurelin, thinking everyone would probably be there. he's called Kaelith and is about level 10ish.

I'm having fun on Snowbourne though and Bjoric is basically an exact copy of Kaelith on Laurelin!

I don't have huge amounts of time to play, but would be interested to see how engrossing the RP is on Laurelin. Otherwise, I'm happy just to have fun with the crew on Snowbourne.

Remember when you first started playign UO? Did you arr-pee from day one?

I certainly didnt as I didnt see any role players for maybe 6 months in game apart from the odd "thee and thou" type person.

Just enjoy the game - the role play SHOULD devlop naturally and already the FFS are developing little character traits and relationships ic. With any new character it takes me at least 2-3 months to get the feel of the character.

[i dont sit at home writing a long family history before I start playign a character - I come up with a vague concept/idea/lore and then hang things onto it as I go along. ((The Callum FItzhugh background became so complicated there are bits of it that I cant remember for example))]

If we are all still happy and levelled and housed in 3 months time we can look at doing some more full on role play and creep v freep stuff [with a handy kidnapped Tabbitha to rescue!]

SImpel scenarios - kidnaps invasions skirmishes player quests.

Its all in my head just need to have fun for now though!

I'm happy just to mooch around with old friends for now. If, for some reason, I find myself with a lot more time, I'll check out the RP community with a view to joining in somewhere. But saying that I may pop across and just see what it's all about.

tbh unless or until they put in guild vs guild pvp I wouldn't be horrendously interested seeing as I can get personal character to character RP from the bunch on Snowbourne.

I don't have huge amounts of time to play, but would be interested to see how engrossing the RP is on Laurelin. Otherwise, I'm happy just to have fun with the crew on Snowbourne.

Im sure Billy will back me up here. RP on Laurelin can be damn awful, really shocking some of the stuff ive seen. Then again it can be excellent, truthfully better than anything ive seen in UO even. You just have to track down the 'real' Roleplayers and to be honest, they hide from the masses and only frequent there homesteads etc :)

Yeah it can be pretty hit and miss, what annoys me most of all are the rp police, they are the people that moan and whine about players on the chat channels.

I have always found that on rp servers on all the MMO's that I have played there is lots of arguments within the community, completely ruins the immersion.

I have to say.. rp police is really annoying. They dont accept another rp style than their own..:(

We rerolled once on a DAoC rp server with my old guild (Yes maybe we were a bit elitists as well but that server had actually the best competition)

We didnt rp ourself.. but we didnt rack down on those that did. But we noticed how terrible it could be at times. :(

But thats what I like on Snowbourn... If you rp.. people stay and chat with you. Even if they doesnt 100% rp.. they like it.

I have always found that on rp servers on all the MMO's that I have played there is lots of arguments within the community, completely ruins the immersion.

*nods to Rauls post also but doenst have the ability to multi quote*

You get great rp in all games.

You get RP police in all games.

Problem is that in the newer games they insist on havign 15 ooc chat channels available and so on and so forth.

I actually detest the guild chat they brought in to UO - again it spoils the immersion as Billy says above.

Yeah it can be pretty hit and miss, what annoys me most of all are the rp police, they are the people that moan and whine about players on the chat channels.

I guess I must be one of those then *grins* As I Hate the ooc chat that goes on and always used to tell folk off :P.

how do you turn chat channels off?

In the window where you type,is a little chat bubble [left side] Click it and a drop down menu will open.Scroll down to Output and tick/untick channels you want on or off.

6026479133c4bb9d3.jpg

It can also be worked from the general tab,but the bottom ones has all the 'emotes' listed also.