A what would you like to see in UO thread?

I know everyone has stuff they want to see in UO. Maybe if this thread gets big enough we can make a forum?

More realistic creatures in more varieties of shapes and colors (especially to replace some of the fake ones. Like the revenant lion or whatever it is called, I would love a real lion., and even prehistoric ones, like sabretooth tigers say in the lost lands.)

More realistic plants in more varieties of shapes and colors (I love KR's partial pigmentation).

Armor and Barding manicans that are poseable and can have manican riders for the creatures.

• 1 month later...

to enter a hold in the boats would be nice to have and some monsters to fight in open sea suchas whales giant squid extera would be cool and to have the hold for asafe place to rez and store loot say 1 chest for each char on board with max set to 5-8 chars and owner to navigate with mouse control as tiler man or some thing to that efect could ad in storm to take boats to new world or whirl pool take them to lost land gust a quick thought to exspand in to another sea adventure

"His nautical nonsense is something you wish."

I think... I think... Well, we've had quite enough expansions as it is. What I'd like t see is more UO in other games. It'd be nice if one of their football games had a team made up of orcs. They could be the Sosarian Orcs! I don't see why not, especially since they already had a Mutant League Football back in the Sega Genesis era.

"EA Sports: It's in the Game." "Challenge Everything."

Or how about, as I suggested earlier, Warhammer Online featured the UO skill-base system rather than a leveling one. That'd allow them to build an entirely new map with a fully 3D client. And your account for UO could be transferable to Warhammer. All your char's skills could be transplanted onto a new dwarf char (for instance) and the top skill points would be 1000 thus giving you room for more skills. Hey, I like this idea.

• 1 month later...

As a UO player not a one shard player I would love to have one house per shard with the main shard made into the default shard(bigger house if one want to ) and the rest just a little one like 8 x 8 (for vendors )or so then we can intergrate in other communities too and learn to see the beauty of other cultures , even tho one cannot always speak their language !

• 2 months later...

That would be cool actually, if we were able to place houses that would be max. 8x8.

However, allowing to do so would mean alot of houses get placed of which the owner would never or rarely be home.

What I would like to see is houses being populated. :)

Perhaps the bigger houses even shared by players!

• 1 month later...

I want a donkey.

If it was good enough for Jesus and that Spanish aspiring knight, whatever his name was, why not me.

*winks*.....and I still want one.

Gosh, riding through Felucca Yew Moongate, my donkey woopin' a "hee-haw!"

Now that would be too much.

• 1 year later...
Guest Playitus

I have been playing UO for years now off and on....one of the best ways i think that would rlly introduce UO to new players is to release in a multi-platform manner, cause if u think about it people are leaving UO for money reasons cause a good runnin comp is in the thousands range and console is in the hundred ranges UO could still have the monthly subcription but it would just be nice to play UO sittin on the couch lol.... one of the questions would be just how they would release it and how the gameplay would be for me i would say introduce it in a 3rd person view but thats me other people have their own opinions i have said mine might have alot of dispute and questions about my opinion but its just one for ya and the main question would be.........Will the creators of UO introduce it in a console platform or keep it on the PC..

I have been playing UO for years now off and on....one of the best ways i think that would rlly introduce UO to new players is to release in a multi-platform manner, cause if u think about it people are leaving UO for money reasons cause a good runnin comp is in the thousands range and console is in the hundred ranges UO could still have the monthly subcription but it would just be nice to play UO sittin on the couch lol.... one of the questions would be just how they would release it and how the gameplay would be for me i would say introduce it in a 3rd person view but thats me other people have their own opinions i have said mine might have alot of dispute and questions about my opinion but its just one for ya and the main question would be.........Will the creators of UO introduce it in a console platform or keep it on the PC..

Wii want UO! Been saying that for a while now! :P

Of course they'll need to get keyboard support in first!

• 1 year later...

A few of the things that I would like to see in UO that would be fun are:

-A plant spray pack, something you can fill all four of the potions needed to tend your plants...but yet not get weighted down by the bulky kegs.

-A trough you could have filled with normal dirt or spice up to be fertile dirt. Something like the water troughs but...of course dirt.

-Something to ease the clicker finger by way of putting plucked feathers and pulled dragon scales into your pack as leather does.

-A clear level button in the customize mode of houses. In addition to the clear all feature, a clear just the current level would add a lot to testing ideas, while decreasing said clicker finger abuse.

Thank You =D

Hello... my wishes for UO.

Jewelery Box

Armory

Weapon Rack

all the above would work like a bodbook...

we could drop items in it... and then use a filter to find what we need.

$9,95 for each item and a life time of saved time sorting rings/bracers/armor and weapons.

Thank you.

I'd go for some method of easing the burden of growing plants, especially since plant products are being incorporated into more systems. While I enjoy a bit of meditative gardening every day, I do not enjoy spending three hours at it daily in order to get minimal resources for imbuing.

Jewelry box is another item I've long wanted to see introduced. I recall that one of the devs - Leurocian - had begin working on code for that project a few years ago.

- More emotes

- ability to sit on ground

- FIX of the player housing bugs introduced with High Seas

- rework of the classic Spells

- Spell Reflection should work like ages ago

- another access setting for houses called "Guests"; it be like "Anyone" -> "Guest" -> "Friend" aso.

- more variations of clothings

- lockdowns on ships

- FIX to show clothes identically in both clients including their layer priorities

- add external stairs in all 4 directions for player housing

- add real cellars to player houses

- enable building of "bridges" between players houses standing side by side

- add more usage possibilities to the Telekineses spell

- enable vendors to have the possibility to restrict customers to guild and/or alliance

- make people blocking the way in Trammel ruleset as it is in Felucca

- make gamemasters helpful again or reinstall the counselors

- ADVERTISE UO in europe!!

lots more to come, I'll post as I remember the ideas - thank you

What player housing bugs?

And yeah, the next booster really should have a great housing overhaul - not just a few little things. Housing makes UO different from ANY other game out there I can think of.

And I love the idea of locking out people from Vendors. Keep the Luna vendor owners from swiping all the deals given to friends and the mark them up at typical Luna insanity. DEVS! PLEASE do something like this!

What player housing bugs?

There is a bug affecting EC client. Houseaddons are placed in the lowest level, as you would be clicking through the floor.

Also it seems like and items which are supposed to be recognized as surface are now passing actions through the the ground under it. Good example is from player run tavern. Imagine one sitting on the north side of a normal wooden table. Try placing a bottle on the table. What you will experience is a trade window opening as you would have dropped the bottle onto the player. Behaves as there was no table at all.

Posted that on stratics several times but it looks like everyone is WEEEEEH with the seas and does not care about housing atm

I would like to see all the UOA functions implemented in the EC. I would like a range check on the EC targeting system. I would like for war horses to have the color hughs they do in 2d. With all the mages wearing a kasa of rajin, plainsword, and conjurers garb I cant tell friend from foe without highlighting there name in the EC so I'm stuck to playing the CC. I would also like to see legacy dungeons be useful again. I remember when you didnt go to the lower level of any dungeon without a group of at least 5-7 vet players.

I would also like to see the old doom, peerless drops, and ToT's get revamped to be competative. I also thing ToT should be permenant. They should also make the Ilshinar marties have a turnin system with new arties and maybe something like that for the legacy dungeons.