Parry + bush + fence = no gain?

I had 98.2 parry, 96.5 bush, and 98.2 fence

i would go to jhelom arena shield and fence weap no gains.

then i got told about the fact that bush kills parry chance with shield. so i went back with a swords weap and a fence weap.

with the fencing weapon i didn't gain at all

but with the swords weap well i gained.

so.... with the fact that i didn't gain with a fence weap, does that mean that bush + parry are useless for a fencer?

or was i doing somthing wrong? (tried lance, that double blade thing, kryss, for swords ornate axe, and a nodachi or whatever)

Was the sword a use best wep skill?

If not, then the reason is your Defense Chance. In combat, the opponents chance to miss is calculated first, THEN your chance to parry. With the fencing wep on, and higher fencing, the opponent misses more.

Some ideas: Use divine fury. This has a negative to DCI

Disarm the Jhelom fighters, then train on them using swords wep.

Yeah, if you're trying to gain Parry, you will need to do everything possible to get hit.

That's why you gained with a sword, since you have no sword skill, you get hit more often, thus getting a Parry check more often.

Baldguy's suggestion is the only other thing I know that helps.

I don't know if this works anymore, but when I got my parry to 110, I used sheep. I know it sounds weird, but hear my out.

Go to the yew farms, one of the fenced in areas should have 9 sheep in them. Then, equip gear to lessen your DCI, and use a weapon in your hand you have no skill in, so if you're a fecner, use a mace or sword weapon. Then, use a buckler for your shield, and get all 9 sheep to attack you, sit back and watch the gains. It goes pretty fast, but as you get higher it will slow down but I did it all the way to 110.

Hope this works for you.

LOL, YOU posted the parry stuff. I should separate it out and stick it. There ya go DiP, you are an official guide maker sock dude. Knew you would come around! And not one sheep or sock joke!

I merged in our stuff from here, but it's all yours.

LOL, YOU posted the parry stuff. I should separate it out and stick it. There ya go DiP, you are an official guide maker sock dude. Knew you would come around! And not one sheep or sock joke!

I merged in our stuff from here, but it's all yours.

Crap, you just made me realize my post/sheep reference ratio is nearing unacceptable levels!

You're welcome for the help Kysrian.

To relieve the ratio strain: New Haven is an excellent spot now to train Parry as the sheep there are abundant and exponentially more fluffy than those at the Yew pens as they are less "used" by other Legendary Parrymen (or women) in training.

• 1 month later...