Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

EA (Japan) announces the UOKR beta ends tomorrow

- - - - - announces beta ea ends japan tomorrow uokr

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
.......0_o.....!?

http://ultimaonline....kr_release.html

Translation, courtesy of Athos_UO

The day when the official service of "Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn" will start was decided

Electoronic Arts(located at Shinjuku destrict of Tokyo prefecture) has made a press release that it will start the official service of the brand new client "Kingdom Reborn" of "Ultima Online(UO)", which is managed by that company, on June, the 28th. 2007 JST.

The open beta test of "Kingdom Reborn" carried out since May, the 31st will come to end at 8:00AM June, the 28th 2007 JST(16:00PM June, the 27th PDT) and will be changed over to the official service after the maintenance of that day.

(*)We expect that the official service will start before noon, but it might be late according to the conditions of the maintenance. Please refer to the information of the maintenance at our official site.

You can not only get a free client through the free download, which is the first attempt in the history of UO series, but also experience the free trial play for a week with the free trial registration code.

- You can download the "Kingdom Reborn" client freely from here.

- You can get a free trial registration code for seven days from here.

(*) The distribution of the free registration code for beta test on the site above comes to end on June, the 27th.

(*) The beta testers who use the beta client now can upgrade the beta client to the official product through the automatical patching at the boot of the client, and will be able to continue to use the same client after the official service will start.

The beta test service made at the net cafes now will be changed over to the official service too. You can not only enjoy playing UO with "Kingdom Reborn" just with the fare for the net cafe, but also buy items or game time there. Please refer to the next page for details about the net cafe service.

- You can get detailed informations about the net cafe service from here

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
KR has come along way. Not sure I was ready for beta to end :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
By EA_Mythic admission, the macroes are NOT even fully operable yet. Wow. Bad move.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Kinda scary...
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wondering if it's a slip up by EA Japan

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
This also may not mean the US and the rest of the world is coming out of beta.

I would think they'd give more than one day's notice?

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
It sounds kinda like a bad move to me...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I was just this morning praising the EA/Mythic team for the way they were working on improving the client,thinking they were still planning to carry on.

I am dissapointed to know that they feel the client is 'ready' for general release ,but I guess seeing as it is free and we shant be paying for it,we can do little about it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
The thing that would be discouraging. Is that players are hoping the best from the dev team. If they ship a product "free or not" before it is ready. It will break a lot of trust that was put in them. Trust has been an issue for a while. Now isn't the time to damage it more. Well at least in my opinion :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Maybe they meant 2008.... or 2017?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
well they are rushig something that needs not be rushed they are in no competion with anyone else but themselves to release this they need to take a look and hold of finishing beta until it is at least 90% playable. and for a client to be free dosen't give them the right to release a unfished product it will still give people a bad taste in there mouth and might not want to wait till it's fully operrational

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
EA rush out an unfinished product?? Never!!

KR is so far from ready it makes AOS look like the crown jewels of gaming! I'm very disappointed...but not at all surprised.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
UO has been one endless patch after another, did we really expect anything other than the norm? Most likely someone in the Corporate ladder said "If you want your weekend, lets get this done!" EA developers "Yes Sir!! Its Reborn."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Wished I could argue with you guys. I'm downloading the patch now. Can't believe that they got everything fixed :( . So to all the naysayers guess you where right after all

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: announces, beta, ea, ends, japan, tomorrow, uokr