Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A survey has been posted concerning UOAssist & UO:KR ...

- - - - - survey uoassist uokr

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Found on the front page of UOAssist updater while loading program...
http://www.tugsoft.com/survey/

Have to log into your account with uoassist and grab your 'seed' in order to participate ...
for those who may not remember how to find seed *like myself*

1. log into account
2. bring up uoassist
3. click on the ? mark at the bottom of the uoassist window
4. click on registration button
5. highlight the SEED information on the first line and copy
6. close out uoassit windows (top X)
7. go back to survey page & paste SEED into box

Posted Image

They also have done a couple updates over the past week with UOAssist ...
information can be found here on the uodates page .. http://www.tugsoft.c...ist/Updates.asp

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Some important questions that tugsoft needs feedback for. I would really dislike having to pay for uoassist again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Which makes you wonder, if he does bring out a new version, will people have to buy it? Or is it a free upgrade?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I would be very surprised if Tugsoft makes a free upgrade. Just glancing at their site he mentions:

Info for Vista users -

• On Vista even when you are logged in as an administrator it does NOT run programs as though you are administrator. This is good for security but can be troublesome for programs, including UOAssist, that update themselves.
  • UOAssist will fail to install and/or update if installed into the default location (C:\program files\uoassist) because of changes in Vista. You can overcome this by right clicking on the UOAssist icon and choose 'Run As Administrator' option. To avoid problems with future update you can install UOAssist somewhere like c:\uoassist. Even if you do install UOAssist to a different location you will need to use the 'Run As Administrator' option during the initial installation.
  • After installing you could right click on the UOAssist icon and choose properties. Then on the shortcut tab press the Advanced button. On the dialog it brings up you can check the 'Run as administrator' option. Then every time you start UOAssist it will be able to correctly update itself if needed. This is totally optional and just presented for your information.
  • Bottom line is UOAssist was designed way before Vista specs were out so it doesn't work as one might expect/desire. But you can use UOAssist on Vista with just a little extra effort during install and update days.

It seems like their is alot of work involved and one could only speculate on the difficulties that may arise in the future. I wish UO wasn't so dependent on UO:Assist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aquila

Aquila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
they should make allow most of UOA features in client itself. few UOA features are almost cheating so dont like them at all. its stupid that you dont even need nighsight spell you can change night to day with program

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

they should make allow most of UOA features in client itself. few UOA features are almost cheating so dont like them at all. its stupid that you dont even need nighsight spell you can change night to day with program

thats is really dumb what uo assist did to nightsite but m sure it will be taken care of

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
UOAssist is such a great program! I wish KR will just adopt most of the features of UOA.
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I am with you on that ben, why make people pay for things that should be there to enhance the game already

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I wish there was a comments box. I might pay ONCE for UOA for an upgrade, but I've already sent them $75 (I have 5 accounts, and UOA licenses for each). I'm absolutely not buying new licenses for all 5 accounts, when my original licenses were supposed to be for the life of the product.

The only thing that I use frequently in UOA that KR does not yet do is the recording of macros (such as, repeating "Make Last"). I have yet to find a way to do that in KR. Oh, and the bandaid timer. The other things I rely on UOA for are already in KR (reg/bandaid/potion count, dress/undress, arm/disarm, bandage self).

I did use on occasion the vendor agents to create lists of BOD's for importing into BOD management software and things like that. But that's not enough to make me buy 5 more licenses.

The make last thing, though... I'd buy a license for my crafter for that.

I don't think it will be necessary, though, as the dev team was aware of the desire for that macro ability back at the Town Hall in Chicago, so I'm pretty confident we'll end up seeing that one built into KR.

In Chicago, the team was VERY clear that one of their bigger goals is to incorporate features from the most popular 3rd party programs directly into the KR interface, eliminating the need for 3rd party programs. They seemed most interested in the features of UOAssist and UO Auto Map. (Someone there also mentioned TeamSpeak, but the dev team seemed to say "never say never, but voice chat isn't in the works right now."

I definitely won't be dishing out any money on 3rd party apps until I play KR for a bit and see what else they have coming down the pipe, because I know for a fact that the dev team is conscious of these things.

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
So EA wants to integrate some of the features of UOA which for years have been giving players advantages at a price. I would say it's about damn time, except for the fact that Tug is considering making a new version. Now let's see... why would he need to do that? (Hint: $$$)
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
I dont know if im allowed to mention this...But what about Something i'm not supposed to talk about on UOF I used to use UOA on a (dont know if i can say this either) free server, so UOA was free. And im a big fan, since i moved to OSI i ahvent paid for UOAssist because i thought that KR would replace all its functions, which would rock.

*edit* who what?!

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

I dont know if im allowed to mention this...But what about EasyUO. I used to use UOA on a (dont know if i can say this either) free server, so UOA was free. And im a big fan, since i moved to OSI i ahvent paid for UOAssist because i thought that KR would replace all its functions, which would rock.

But what about EasyUO, I may or may not use this program, and may or may not find it amazingly useful. Not that i care, but would it be adapted to KR?

:)

EasyUO Will NOT Be adapted for use with Kingdom Reborn with official notice without being a banned application Mr Ned Stark The reason for this is this program allows the user to cheat on nearly everything within the game. And Script nearly everything. Especially Script Miners. There would not be away around this for the Team so they will simply not include it. Nor will they include the UOAssist functionality within Kingdom Reborn, The reason? Money probably. KR Will only get the most basic functions within UOAssist that is assured. There will be no selling agents or macro functions that allow you to macro things with UOAssist.
Remember Mr Stark only Royalists use EasyUO Vesperians DONT!

Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Governor of Vespenland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
I get ya...not like i use EasyUO or anything, as ye said, tahts for royalists!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Might want to edit your posts Ned. That is not an approved app and therefore shouldn't be mentioned on the forums :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I wish EA would simply incorporate the UOA features into UO. Even with what they are doing to KR UOA will definitely still be needed. (I almost assumed they would at least look at UOA when designing KR??)

I did the survey the other day and said I would be willing to pay an upgrade fee. (UOA is still more user friendly than KR so it's worth it)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: survey, uoassist, uokr