Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Biggest moneymaker

- - - - - biggest moneymaker

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
so?

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Dont forget the female leather and studded armor. th'hotz.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
this is to much to handle...lol i am a man i play man characters but not unheard of for a man to play female characters and vise versa to each is own

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
im a lonely guy.. at least let me fantasize over some pixels

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
hey lemon over here yoo hoo

Attached Thumbnails

• 180px-Red-hot-riding-hood-1.jpg

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
imho, there is no question who can make more gold between bards and tamers. dont get me wrong, both have different advantages, and both are equally a pain in the butt to train/gain skill. but when it comes down to it, and a tamers pet dies/or the tamer runs out of band aids.....what happens? the tamer dies. yes, you may see us bards doing the "bard dance"(many call it "running around with our heads cut off"):eusa_dance:, but a skilled bard can stay alive in hostel environments where other professions wouldnt dare to step foot. bards can take on just about every non-peerless monster and win. my tamer used to be a t-hunter(with carto soulstoned). but i grew tired of him getting his butt kicked when ever the spawn was too much(more then one Balron and/or Ancient Wyrm), while doing level 6 maps. decided i would try soulstoneing(is that even a word:-/)lockpicking to my bard, and have never looked back. of corse this is all from my prospective, and im pretty sure im a little biased as well:eusa_shifty:

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Oh theres no question who can "control" spawn.. being a bard. But PvM isn't just about controlling a spawn.. its about dishing out damage. disco tamers seem to be some of the best at this.. and of cours emy templete.. with god like weapons :) doing 200+ damage a hit to dh

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Try out the vamp dexxer samurai.

I don't pvm anymore, but I've heard this is the template of the month for pvm'ing.

Get yourself a real nice ornate axe, vamp form, then evade and swing away. I've heard this template can solo darkfathers pretty regulary, even today. Enemy of one, vamp form, consecrate weapon, divine fury, swing away. Momentum strike to kill the spawn around the DF and if your axe has high leeching, you'll never die. Plus evasion = godly on this template from my understanding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Legolaser

Legolaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Try out the vamp dexxer samurai.

I don't pvm anymore, but I've heard this is the template of the month for pvm'ing.

Get yourself a real nice ornate axe, vamp form, then evade and swing away. I've heard this template can solo darkfathers pretty regulary, even today. Enemy of one, vamp form, consecrate weapon, divine fury, swing away. Momentum strike to kill the spawn around the DF and if your axe has high leeching, you'll never die. Plus evasion = godly on this template from my understanding.

Sounds cool, how much is the gear for this kind of play?

wickedb

wickedb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
u gota have max resists along with a good weapon with 50%+ life and mana drain. its gonna cost u a fair amount.

Legolaser

Legolaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

u gota have max resists along with a good weapon with 50%+ life and mana drain. its gonna cost u a fair amount.

Can u post me a good template for that? Cuz what Bald posted doesnt make any sense. 2x 120 bushido is not possible, so what to do with the rest of the 120 skillpoints?

I was thinking

115 wep skill (i dont think 120 is not worth it, true?)
120 parry (or will 115 be enough?)
120 bushido (or will 115 be enough?)
76 chiv
100 tactics
50 necro (jewels + midnight bracers for vamp, or is wraithform better for PvP?)

now i have 119 skillpoints left... what to do with it? anatomy?

And can u post good gear for this template?
I was thinking:
- Spirit of the totem
- jackals collar
- stormgrip
- ring of the vile (is this a good ring?)

cant think of any other good arti, maybe i missed something?

I like solo play, and would like to solo maybe peerless bosses or something, maybe a DF;p. Am not counting on it tho, but it would be nice to be able to solo other easier Big monsters.

edit:
how are these weapons

exceptional
weight: 12 stones
hit mana leech 57%
swing speed increase 25%
damage increase 39%
Cold Resist 13%
physical damage 100%
weapon damage 18 - 20
weapon speed 3.5s
strength requirement 45
two-handed weapon
skill required: swordsmanship
durability 72 / 72

this one has no lifeleech.

And how is Soulseeker?

Ok to sum it up:
- Should i use wraithform or Vamp. form in PvM? Depends on the situation i guess?
- I've seen many weapons with Mana leech, but bot with both. Is Soul Seeker a good weapon for general use?
- Totem vs Mace and shield reading Glasses, which one is better?

thx in advance!

EmersonBiggins

EmersonBiggins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Tamers, as always.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Tamers, FT$$$.

Discord Tamer with a trained super dragon will rip through Swoop and even paragon Cus. Is there any faster cash than swoop? Even trogs pale in comparison.

If you can somehow isolate the Super Dragon Spawn, normal dragons are an excellent money-maker these days: 1000 gold, several hundred from gems, plus 20 hides at 100gp each. Of course, there is the little issue of carrying that haul to the bank. I have the same problem with swoop.

Stupid BoS changes.

~M

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Man, I really need to dump peace for disco, but I still use peace so much :(

Maybe I need to drop meditation for disco and have both but no mana...

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
I am still convinced the best $$$ making template is:

100 Begging
100 Detect Hidden
100 Cooking
100 Hiding
100 Remove Trap
100 Herding
100 Tracking

Anyone that disagrees has never tried that template.

EmersonBiggins

EmersonBiggins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

I am still convinced the best $$$ making template is:

100 Begging
100 Detect Hidden
100 Cooking
100 Hiding
100 Remove Trap
100 Herding
100 Tracking

Anyone that disagrees has never tried that template.

Would Item ID work in that template, too?

Explain, please. I'm tempted.

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Would Item ID work in that template, too?

Explain, please. I'm tempted.

Well, it looks like it would work something like this:
Step one: Track animals
Step Two: Herd said animals to a house not belonging to you
Step Three: Hide inside said house
Step Four: Disable any and all traps laid by owner of house on his/her cooking utensils
Step Five: Cook said animals
Step Six: Beg people to buy said cooked animals
Step Seven: Detect hidden food snatchers in the immediate vicinity, since your wares will be in such high demand.

If you added Item Identification to the skill list, you could check to make sure you were using the right cooking utensils, so as not to burn your llama or over-season your yamadon (sp?).

There ya go... easy money!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Pennywise

Pennywise

Crumbpicker, dat der Renaissance Manz of da Werlds!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Ok the question is simple....
What templates are the biggest moneymakers out there PVM ?

Just about any profession will gain you lots of gold, some less dangerous than others if planned out right. I was surprised to see how much I could make once I started working a lumberjack, carpenter, tinker, fletcher on a new character, especially if you work safe havens in Felucca (islands in the Vesper canal, places like that) then recall straight to a Felucca vendor shop like a bowyer after making the bows with the wood you chopped, then recall straight to the roof of Britain Bank to deposit the gold, then back to a safe lumbering spot.

If you mark lots of different vendors for carpentry in different Felucca towns, you can check the prices of each one, buy from the cheapest one selling boards, then recall to the one buying boards at the highest price in another town. You can actually make quite a bit that way as well. Not adventurous, but something different when you are bored. My new character has held his own doing only this, without any real help from my main besides the start up suit and an axe.

Yeah, but everyone wants to fight. *winks*

Counts me gold...

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Just about any profession will gain you lots of gold, some less dangerous than others if planned out right. I was surprised to see how much I could make once I started working a lumberjack, carpenter, tinker, fletcher on a new character, especially if you work safe havens in Felucca (islands in the Vesper canal, places like that) then recall straight to a Felucca vendor shop like a bowyer after making the bows with the wood you chopped, then recall straight to the roof of Britain Bank to deposit the gold, then back to a safe lumbering spot.

If you mark lots of different vendors for carpentry in different Felucca towns, you can check the prices of each one, buy from the cheapest one selling boards, then recall to the one buying boards at the highest price in another town. You can actually make quite a bit that way as well. Not adventurous, but something different when you are bored. My new character has held his own doing only this, without any real help from my main besides the start up suit and an axe.

Yeah, but everyone wants to fight. *winks*

Counts me gold...

A recent patch squashed this money maker for many... vendors no longer pay what they used to for many of the resources (if not all). I have seen vendors selling arrows for 35 gp each, but only buying them for 3 or 4.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Well, it looks like it would work something like this:
Step one: Track animals
Step Two: Herd said animals to a house not belonging to you
Step Three: Hide inside said house
Step Four: Disable any and all traps laid by owner of house on his/her cooking utensils
Step Five: Cook said animals
Step Six: Beg people to buy said cooked animals
Step Seven: Detect hidden food snatchers in the immediate vicinity, since your wares will be in such high demand.

If you added Item Identification to the skill list, you could check to make sure you were using the right cooking utensils, so as not to burn your llama or over-season your yamadon (sp?).

There ya go... easy money!

lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biggest, moneymaker