Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

banking!

- - - - - banking

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Banking and switching goods/gear is a real pain especially when you dont have a house.

Two options I would implement if at all possible:

1. shared banking amongst all chars on same acct (new pack slots in KR makes this a more realistic idea)

2. guild bank...accessable by all members with access based on guild ranking. for instance gl has total access as do em's, members can donate or remove items but not gold, ronin can donate but not remove items or gold.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Excellent ideas.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
that would be a cool idear

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
If I understand you correctly. You are saying all characters of an account would share one bank box. Since we have 125 item limit per container. Would that cause a problem for a player with six characters on one shard.

Nice idea on the guild bank. How/where would a person access the guild bank box?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Idea from this came from EQ where each char has their own bank consisting of 10 ( I think) slots (packs holding upto 10-12 items can be put in each) then they have 2 shared slots which can hold items which can be accessed by any char on same acct. guild bank is easy as all it would take is a strongbox set up in any or all banks which when accessed (similiar to donation chests) and tied to guild tag! :)

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
The guild bank idea actually has some merit, I could see that having some great potential.

The unified characters' bank, on the other hand, I could not live with. I've never had a problem with switching items between characters, but the reason I don't like this idea, aside from Vepl's reasons, is that it is another step in "making the game too easy".
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Tis a good idea and it has been brought up to EA practically from the first beta... so for near 10 years they have not bothered ...

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
joint bank account would be a great idea

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

The unified characters' bank, on the other hand, I could not live with. I've never had a problem with switching items between characters, but the reason I don't like this idea, aside from Vepl's reasons, is that it is another step in "making the game too easy".

Yes, swapping items between characters is easy, but it would reduce the need to:

- grab item from bank
- leave item somewhere (house, inn, special spot you don't expect anyone to look)
- log out
- grab item.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Ziggy have they ever given a reason as to why they haven't made a change?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Not that I can recall... anytime it has been brought up you generally get the go hide it debate.. but nothing ever out of EA.

Gieschen

Gieschen

Bringing RP back to mmoRPg! w0o+!!!!!!1 <

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I personally like to have my separate bank boxes. A player account bank box might not be a bad idea, but I personally don't see *too* much trouble logging in and out dropping a pouch somewhere inconspicuous. I have a house and still do this. I think it is more of a privelege *ducks* of having a house to be able to swap like that.

You might be wondering why I do this. Well, first, for roleplay reasons since my characters don't trust eachother enough to share a bank box. And secondly, my house is out in the sticks and I don't use magery except on one character? (to be able to inscribe and make magic carpentry items, but I might not even keep this character the way she is) because I sincerely believe that magic/magic properties are seriously detrimental to good gameplay unless implemented correctly (not that it really matters much in UO's current state, but hey, I like to think all my little changes in my personal gameplay make a difference).

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Ziggy have they ever given a reason as to why they haven't made a change?

Vepl

Btw.. the old grey matter finally clicked.... like duh...

The contents of a characters bank vault/box is attached to that character... attached in that it is actually attached to the character and the contents travel with the character at all times... which prolly is what keeps all characters from accessing just one box... they (EA) would have to do as they have done with house contents and stash the bank boxes on their own server ..maybe since your not able to cross a threshold it would be impossible to upload the contents to the client like the house contents are uploaded??

You can see (not as obvious in this era) the effects of the bank box in recallling/crossing server boundries.. the more stuff you have in the bank the longer it takes to cross the boundries/delay in recalling..

Stables are the same way... they are attached directly to the character...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: banking