Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Alert: Shield of Recognition/Cloak of Humility. Dont be fooled!

- - - - - alert fooled humility recognition or cloak shield

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests
As posted on UO Stratics by Orvago:

This is just a heads up warning to the fair folks of the Sosarias.

Since the new quest has hit Origin, saddening people are already at the fair banks scamming that these items are Rare One-Of a Kind Items, trying to sell them for Millions!

Do Not be Fooled!!!

These are Quest Rewards from the new Humility Quest that has came to Origin with Pub40 and will hit the rest of the Shards soon enough.

Please do not be taken in by these scammers. The quest costs about 225k gold to complete if you choose to use gold for the Collection part of the quest. They are hardly worth anymore than that. I completed the quest and got my cloak within 30 minutes time and only paying 150k gold, 600 oak logs, and 2500 regular logs at the collection part of the quest.

Thanks for the heads up. Im sure if I would have seen one of these I would've bought it. Apologies moderators if posted in the wrong forum.I thought this was the most appropriate place.

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
so u can get the shield or the cloak as a prize?

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

so u can get the shield or the cloak as a prize?

yes you pick one at the end of the quest. altho the cloak is the real prize, well actualy you refuse the shield to get the cloak.

also I belive you can only do the quest once per chr.

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Apologies moderators if posted in the wrong forum.I thought this was the most appropriate place.

Nope it's fine, thanks for the warning.

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests
YaY Thx

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
by chance, do you know what are on these things? Like as in properties or inscirbed on them? Just wondering....

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

by chance, do you know what are on these things? Like as in properties or inscirbed on them? Just wondering....

I actually have no idea. But to my thinking, they do nothing. Just have a different name. Could be wrong. I'll research this.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
ahh, one of those really expensive completely useless items.... I love those. They usually end up finding their way to my trash barrel in the house..

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests
So far, I see they are useless.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
self repair on a cloak? hmmmm. I dont remember the last time my cloak took on damage..

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
It all adds up when you get all the set peices though.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
so the self repair property adds to the rest of the suit, eventhough the cloak doesnt actually need it? I think I get it. So say, it will make the complete suit, like 8 SR for example? Still that suit doesnt look all that hot, it has the least amount of good properties, compared to like the assassins armor, with the SSI on it, which may become very important come proficiency time.....

Niles

Niles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I had thought when you have all 8 pieces that the suit will be an all 60's. even though you don't have the SSI or any other type propertices it still not a bad suit to have with little risk and it should look nice. We only have looked at 3 out of 8 pieces. which means you still have 5 pieces that could have other stats on them. We know that 6 pieces are armor question is since the cloak is a non armor pieces as the 7th piece what is the last piece. is it a weapon,shield, robe ring,braclet. There are many things the last piece can be.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
but the problem is, you are spending 8 items on just a resist suit. Now your standard dexxer is going to want to use jewels and possibly a jackals for dex, hci, dci, di, and then throw on some other items to try to get your mana up because chances are its gonna be low due to raising dex. I rely on the stormgrips, and Helm of Insight to get the mana I need. I dont want to have to use 8 of my 10 slots on strictly resists. Which is why this suit is not as desirable to me as some of the other sets.

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
The cloak that you got as a reward on the test shard just did not look right when you wore it, I thought the shield looked good like any other of it's kind. :)
Posted Image

Niles

Niles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Well I would some how remind the Dev team that this suit needs to have something on it to make it desireable Or its going to be just like the ranger armor and Phonix armor sets which are totally useless. I have the Ranger armor just because it says ranger armor. I do agree the cloak looks crappy. I had stated my opinion on it in the thread about the quest since I asked about where the people are located. I wander like the other suits of armor if it will change once the whole suit is put together. The shield is just an order shield with a brighter golden color then the ingots. But I have no idea how much the dev team actually reads this site. It'd be nice that they heed what we say about the suit. I mean I would like for it to be a nice suit to use but they don't want ot make things all powerful as I think I read is what they said about the suit.

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Doesn't anyone realise the whole suit is blessed? Doesn't that count for something? Blessed with self repair and good resists (not great tho)? I'll buy!
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Doesn't anyone realise the whole suit is blessed? Doesn't that count for something? Blessed with self repair and good resists (not great tho)? I'll buy!

Shhh, you didn't hear it from me, but this is the much needed love for thiefs that they have been crying for. Now they can steal something without the worry of losing insurance upon death with a resist suit on. Hehe, j/k, although that is the only practical use for the set IMO.

They have stated before they do not want to cause problems with the harmoneous balance we have today *cough* by adding in overpowered items, this set being one. Think deco...

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
The whole suit is blessed, and maybe provide an advantage on siege, if it retains its blessed property there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alert, fooled, humility, recognition or cloak, shield