Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Camping Champ Spawns

- - - - - camping champ spawns

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Would you say ghost cams are a problem then Danny?

If you don't mind I want to ask you a question. IF they made it where you could get scrolls a different way, Would it hurt fel?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Ghost cam's aren't a problem. Just means you have to fight to keep the spawn. And you can always turn in bods for them crafting power scrolls. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
I say that if their are certain guilds that are at a spawn, and another guild is also trying to get the loot, if one or the other guild gets it. It gives the option for a GUILD BATTLE. You can of course say nay, but then you only have 20 seconds to make it out of the area. Or you can say yes, and whoever wins it gets the loot.

Kill them all, make a statement, all while singing.
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Champ Spawns are not broken. We just need more of them in Felucia and even a Felucia Doom type dungeon.

*Counts blackrock* "Someday I'll have enough to blowup the moongates to keep trammelites out."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I find it odd... many pvpers will say they should not have to pvm to get items on their own... aka doom... yet let a pvmer say they shouldnt have to pvp to get a item (120 power scrolls) what is the reaction/saying that the pvpers post?

having to be forced to farm gold endlessly to pay 24 plus million for some 120s.. or having to pay real world currency is a load of bs...

are 120s really needed in pvm? not less you dont care about wiffing at the wrong moment more often than not...

Peace

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
pvm'ers dont need 120 power scrolls. It doesn't take much to defeat a monster's AI in uo. How someone gets their gold is not a concern to me, so long as they meet my price. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

pvm'ers dont need 120 power scrolls. It doesn't take much to defeat a monster's AI in uo. How someone gets their gold is not a concern to me, so long as they meet my price. :)

:<3:laugh:
Posted Image

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I don't think ghost cams are much of a problem, never did really. However, since they put in this "fix" of exorcism, it should work everywhere in dungeons/t2a, unless there is a corpse on the dungeon/t2a server. The main reason that everyone has a problem with champ spawns is that they have to work for their reward. For instance, if a pvp guild has controlled the champ spawns, most likely the rest of the guild didn't just give them that opportunity...they earned it through fighting, organizing, and being better/larger/more experienced, etc. Now, lt's look at Doom, where there is no real challenge, jsut the random luck of the draw as to whether you get an artifact and whether or not it is one of the "big" ones. I guess my point is that while any guild has the opportunity to try to control champ spanws and thus powerscrolls, there is no way to control Doom, which has helped to cause the rampant inflation we currently experience, along with the various dupes/bugs that allowed people to amass huge quantities of gold. I'm just saying, their whole idea with champ spanws was to provide a type of resource control through pvp, yet they effed it all up by placing even more valuable items without any of the same types of controls.

I hope that some of this was at least a little bit on topic, I feel like I was rambling.

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
I think the devs should create guild quests in which a guild has to have a party of so many members online to start a quest. Kinda like the noob hag quest only much more difficult and a lot of fighting. The rewards would be great and would also teach newer guilds the teamplay aspect.

Imagine you wait around for hours for that damn 5th guildmate to get on so you can do the guild quest. It starts out you have to raid the solen hive and and collect some quest items. next you must protect Cove from an Orc invasion. the city must stay safe and no npc's killed for 20 minutes exactly (quite a task for only 5 players) after you fend off the orcs you recive some kewl loot, but it isnt over yet. in that new loot you find a map to a location where the orc hordes hideout is. You find the location only to discover the cave is full of deamons the orcs resurrected in an attempt to scare you away. After defeating these brutes you recover your quest item. A deed to a customizable guild flag that can be placed ontop of your guildhouse. Or a unique robe bearing your guilds name for every participant. Or even reward everyone with a skill scroll depending on their participation. This makes it so only a guild can can do the quest and where and how the quest goes and located is completely random. Keep the champ spawns and the peerless but give trammel guilds a chance to prove their teamplay.

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
And I forgot, and skill scrolls you would get in this so called guild quest im talking about would be minor...more like non combat skill scrolls. Really good skill scrolls like Mgaery +20 should be fel champ spawns only.

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
BTW...trammel doesnt mean easy...its a type of boat...
Power is not given, it is taken!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Why must people always say 'the definition of trammel is easy?'

The definition of trammel is 'a hindrance or impediment to free action; restraint'

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Greetings... i play on Catskills and we do champs spawning when we feel like it.=)

Risk vs reward... makes sense.
Fight reds to defend spawn... makes sense.

ilshnar/tokuno Champ spawns should give alac. scrolls.

one thing not mentioned on this thread...
when we pvp, 90%+ of the pvpers use speedhacks, a lesser % uses medic scripts, a lesser % uses sdi/double casting/fastercasting hack...

my guild found a way to stop them... we use team work and tactics... good luck to you all!

Choulay

Choulay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
To be perfectly honest, i think that the fact that champs only producing scrolls in fellucia is a great idea. It produces a aspect of competition into the game. The best guild wins. What has happened on europa is that all the blues have banded together to do champs in fellucia, due to the sheer size they cannot be beaten. if the blues on your shard can get over there differences and band together to champ then you will no longer have trouble getting scrolls.

Lady_Emma

Lady_Emma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Spawn is lighter now than it once which makes it easier to light the candels but the boss is so much more difficult that it takes a very long time to kill it. This encourages the camping and allows it to be easy for a guild to over the spawn at the end. The results is that the raiders to have a definate advantate and the people that do the work often are not getting the reward. People can log on, take over a spawn in a couple of minutes, finish the boss and take the scrolls. Raiders are fresh and focused on the raid where as the spawners are tired with depleted resourses and focus on killing the boss. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camping, champ, spawns