Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Camping Champ Spawns

- - - - - camping champ spawns

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I think it is soo weak how it is soo easy to camp champ spawns. As of now someone can start a newb char with 50 hiding and just hide at a champ spawn but away from the altar to avoid exorcism. A pvp guild should always have to stay on patrol to protect their spawns. Just staying hidden near a spawn; waiting to see if it hits tier 2 then raid is soo weak.

Here is what I proposed:

Make it so that if you log out in any fel duegon or fel T2A, when you log back in you will get teleported to the nearest town. This means that if they idle for too long, campers will get teleported to the nearest town.

Now their are unfortuantly "illegal" ways around this.
For example, there are programs which can loop skills therfore, you will never idle, hence never logging, hence never getting teleported. But in order to do this they will need two computers (unless they have some super fast pc). But at least at every server maintance, campers will get teleported back to the nearest town. We pray the EA can prevent the use of "illegal" programs and this method, I think, will be very effective. If you think about it, it would take a huge guild to be able to guard all spawns, at once!

Just some thoughts...
Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
just kill the campers lol

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Leave the campers alone, just kill their friends when they show up. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
just kill someone make a statement

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

just kill someone make a statement

Its very fashionable. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i know kill with a smile

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

i know kill with a smile

lol

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Guessing you are talking about ghost cams, since you mentioned exorcism?

Would an acceptable fix be that if a players body/bones are in the champ area exorcism will not work but if no body/bones the ghost would be sent to shrine/cemetary and extend the radius to 100 tiles from the alter?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
It doesn't matter if someone is "ghost camm'ing" you or camping it, if you want the spawn & scrolls fight for them. Think of your peers as monsters and kill them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Kill while singing

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I say make them like instances in WoW, or peerlesses in UO where you go in as a group and do your thing. Coming out is where the fight could be.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Not sure instances would go over well in UO. Seems like a lot of players don't like the idea of the "things" from other games being introduced to UO. Just look at the minifirestorm caused by KR and it being WoWish :-/ .

Thinking more on the ghost cam. I feel it is mainly trammel guilds wanting to do an uninterrupted champ. So they want to make it harder for raiding guilds to check each spawn. Not saying that is a terrible idea but it would just be for one group of players. "Most" fel based guilds relish being raided (maybe not zerged ). For them, it's the fight they are after anyway. The scrolls are just the icing on the cake. Guess they may want bragging rights too :P

So saying all that. Is ghost cams really broken or that bad of a problem?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Not sure instances would go over well in UO. Seems like a lot of players don't like the idea of the "things" from other games being introduced to UO. Just look at the minifirestorm caused by KR and it being WoWish :-/ .

Thinking more on the ghost cam. I feel it is mainly trammel guilds wanting to do an uninterrupted champ. So they want to make it harder for raiding guilds to check each spawn. Not saying that is a terrible idea but it would just be for one group of players. "Most" fel based guilds relish being raided (maybe not zerged ). For them, it's the fight they are after anyway. The scrolls are just the icing on the cake. Guess they may want bragging rights too :P

So saying all that. Is ghost cams really broken or that bad of a problem?

Vepl

iI totally agree with you vepl they r tram guilds, but like i tell my guildmates if you can't handle the spawns don't go

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
im of both a tramm guild and pvp guilds its unfair for a pvp guild get there scrolls for free hwile tramm guilds cause they lack numb for fel have to spend mils for em i think it should be like a peerless no other guilds can raid untill its over then it would allow a fighting chance

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Oh I totally agree that some of the best fighting comes out of spawns. That is where I have probably racked up 99% of my counts at. But on the other hand, what if they were to make an ultra hard peerless type of scenerio like a champ spawn, that rewarded scrolls. Both types of players would have the opportunity to partake in getting them.

As far as not including WoWish types of things into UO, I think they already did it with peerlesses.....

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
That does sound neat Bo, having a super hard peerless to get ps.
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
The idea of having an ultra hard peerless drop scrolls is interesting. Do you think the players would learn, like they have with peerless's, and have people solo them? Also would this hurt felucca even more? Since no blue would ever need to go there :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Dev's would have to get creative so that peeps couldnt solo this peerless ( I mean make it this boss tuff, make the keys tuff as hell as well).

Will it kill fel, I dont think so pvp guilds will try to sell their scrolls but they will make less money maybe the devs will come up with something new for fel.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
exactly. make it so there is ABSOLUTELY NO way that someone could solo it. Say you HAVE to have 5 people in there, or 10 or something, for it to even go off. Make the boss like as tough as the DF so you couldnt solo it, make the tiers spread out so that you had to kill soo many per minute or something so that 1 person could not do it themselves. It can be done, with enough planning and thought.

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
So, essentiall what the original poster would like to do is take away the entire reason for champ spawns existing (non-consensual pvp) and make them so anyone can get them at any time with basically no chance for a fight...good luck with that. The devs have repeatedly stated that champ spawns are meant to be a "risk vs. reward" activity, i.e. you have a greater risk (pks/pvpers) before you get a greater reward (scrolls) If you want instances, go play Wow. In UO, the is actually a chance that you might get killed (GASP) by another player if you are in Felucca. This game has become so trammelized (read: easy- seriously, that is the dictionary definition of trammel) from its glorious past, when people were forced to band together to survive. Now people complain every time they have to interact with other players and can't do it on their own...what is the point of a MMORPG if you are just going to play by yourself all the time. I do however agree that exorcism should work at a much greater range, as well as work in the star room and any dungeon a harrower could possibly spawn in, because as long as your corpse is still there, you can't get kicked anyway. And, speaking from experience as leadership of the Fallen Lords, this would not change anything about how we find spawns. We assign 4-5 people 3-4 spawns each, takes about 5 min to check, and we physically run through the spawns on active, living characters. You blues have Doom, don't get me started on how that should be Fel ruleset also, so accept that you will need to 1.find a group to defend your champ spawn or 2. buy the scrolls.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camping, champ, spawns