Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Mage questions and more!

- - - - - mage questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Emmortal

Emmortal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Hey all

I've recently started back and decided to start fresh with a new account but since I left about a year after the felucca/trammel split I'm definitely a bit behind the times.

Is a full mage still totally viable for PvE/PvM? I'm thinking Magery/Eval Int/Inscription/Meditation/Spell Weaving(?)/Wrestling/+1 other?

What are some good mage templates these days? Do you typically take a weapon skill or just go full-out magic? I know my old mage was GM maces

WTF are mage-weapons and how do they work. I get the lowering your Magery skill part but that's about it.

Where's a good place to see about getting myself an LRC suit. Now that I've figured out what it is I seriously need one, lol. Got up to 36% so far from items people have been dropping at the new haven bank.

Any other mage tips that you can think of would be hugely appreciated. I know I have more questions but I'll save them for later.

Cheers;
Emmortal

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Is a full mage still totally viable for PvE/PvM? I'm thinking Magery/Eval Int/Inscription/Meditation/Spell Weaving(?)/Wrestling/+1 other?

Sure is. Many people dont utilize Wrestling tho because you can get a Mage Weapon that can basically do the same thing or you can just dance and stay out of range. Musicianship and Peacemaking, Provoking, or Discordance are great support to a Mage as well...

WTF are mage-weapons and how do they work. I get the lowering your Magery skill part but that's about it.

Lets say you have 100 Magery and equip a -27 skill Mage Wep dagger. Run up to a Mongbat and start swinging and you will see that you are wielding the dagger like someone with 73 Fencing.

Where's a good place to see about getting myself an LRC suit.

Id post up on your indiviual shards forum and ask around for a good shop. Most shards have long standing, reputable shops to help wit needs like that. :)

Posted Image

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
A mage is still a VERY viable template. I have two mages I run on two different accounts. One is a necromage, with 120 mage/eval/resist/med/necro/spirit speak. The other is a "pure" mage, which is 120 mage/eval/resist/med/wrestle and gm inscription. Both are dynamite in either pvm or pvp. I'm not a huge pvp guy, and when I do it it is generally on a dexxer, but my mages have been more than able to hold their own in fel.:)

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!:)

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
FOr your LRC question, if you have ML access, try litter ping at swoops. I have a basic tutorial on this in the FAQ subforum. It is in the "Getting Starting" Post. Here is a direct link to the specific post http://www.uoforums....504&postcount=6 I am updating it with UOAM pictures now.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, questions