Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Releases New Rune Hint "Inu the Crone Plot" - MAY 8, 2006

- - - - - 2006 hint inu the crone plot releases rune uo

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
A new set of runes were posted on UO Home Page on Monday, May 8, 2006.
They closely resemble May 5th Runes that translated into death dealing fanciers ...
which lead us to the enslaved demon inside the secret dojo room.

New UO.COM rune hint ...

Posted Image

Fear the dancing ladies
Anyone have ideas what/where this could lead to??????

Quick reference guide for the Runic Alphabet ...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Fan dancers comes to mind immediately from both Death Dealing Fanciers and Fear the Dancing Ladies. Does this mean there are more clues to be found in the fan dancer dojo? Will there be a fan dancer giving us the next clues?
Posted Image

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
I was thinking that myself but unlike last message this one doesn't have fan in it ..
what other characters are like dancing ladies?
(the ones that float in the air look like they are dancing but i think those are necro summoned)
Pixies look like the are dancing to me at least ... where do we find pixies?
is there a leader of the fan dancers?

*I'm not a fighter so I'm not real familiar with the different types of characters/monsters
and some locations that we may end up going.

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Perhaps the Lady of the Snow or a Succubus??
Posted Image

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Well the succubus do have wings ...
which would make them look like dancing I suppose :)

is there a certain place that they all congregate (like Tokuno)
they are down in the dojo so that could be where we would find the next step ....

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
On the bottom floor of the Dojo in a north corner a hole has appared, when you walk over it you will fall into a new dungeon full of minions and headless. Follow the room round and you come to a room with a screen with a pile of blood on the floor. Doubleclicking that blood takes you to another room which is safe from harm. A wall hanging covers over an opening, walk through this and feel your way in te dark. You need to get to a secrete door in the north wall of the next room. From there go out a secret door in the south wall and feel your way to enter a long hallway. One in tere doubleclikck the smoke bomb to ge into the final room. In here there was a demon that would talk and kill you at the same time. It was not the will of the demon to kill as his text below shows. (you could still talk to in in ghost form, thankyou devs for that).

I hope this pic helps.

Posted Image

Hello - How long has it been? I have not heard a voice in ages.
Help - You must help me. I can suffer these chains no longer. Destroy me!
Inu - I have heard that name before. But I can not remember.
Kill - Yes, release me from this place, kill me.
Master - She has forgotten me, please release me. I wish death.
Minax - How dare you speak the name.
Orders - My master wished me to find an ancient blade.
Plane - My master has left this reality. I don't know if she will ever return.
Return - No, my master will not. She searches another reality at this time. I am left here abandoned.
Abandoned - I have been abandoned on this plane.
Ancient - It was found by another, yet I was never released. So until I have found it I am stuck on this plane.
All - You must forgive me. I cannot control all of my actions. The rage takes hold.
Chains - I am bound by my masters orders.
Destroy - I will only hurt you if I must. But I must be released.
Death - Death is but a blessing. You are no longer trapped by the chains that bind you.
Gem - My master, she collected them. Those fragments. I do know nothing more.
Heal - You must heal yourselves or I will unwillingly destroy you all.
Released - Stop this talk, must I destroy you to get my release?
Trapped - Trapped for all of time. I only seek to be released.
Talk - I heard her talk of a ritual, that ws so long ago. She never returns.
Voice - The last voice was hers. Her orders but I have been abandoned.
Wisps - What of them? They seem to know more than they should.

It seems we have more to learn from the wisps. Also was his master Minax or perhaps a female shadowlord, or someone else altogether. Could the Blade be the now enhanced Bright blade (part of Europas EM arch. do other shards have such a thing?), alot needs to be answered.

Edited to add pic
Posted Image

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Mord Mhor has had a thought that perhaps Minax may not be the Daemons master. To mention just one of his reasoning is that he responds negitivley to her name, perhaps she was the one who got to the sword before he could causing him to be stuck here. It is fun guessing things and seeing how close or indeed how way off you are.

I have been trying to find out things about the Shadowlords on the wilkipedia and found this interesting couple if lines.

138 BC - From his prison, Lord British befriends the daemon (later revealed to be a gargoyle) Sin'Vraal, and convinces him to become a good guy. Sin'Vraal flees the service of Astaroth in the Underworld for the Drylands of Britannia.

Would be interesting if they have borrowed some of history and changed it a little (i.e choose a differant shadowlard). Its also interesting that there was a relationship between humans and gargoyles of old, if indeed this was in what happened over the weekend and it was really a gargoyle it could answer why the Daemon/gargoyle did not want to kill us.
Anyways only fun speculation and time will show just how far its off. Mind you I would not put it past the Devs to change it a little if we get too close. [smile] Of course this is just one idea of many possibilitys, so time to get our thinking caps on and have some fun.

Edit: thankyou to o Kraken o for sharing a web site showing that there was indeed a female shadowlord.

As for now I'm waiting for the next clue and earning more insurance money.
Posted Image

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Isn't "Fear The Dancing Ladies" merely the solved anagram of "Death Dealing Fanciers" ? People just got the clue from the first version already, thus making this latter clue redundant.

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
I don't think they thought we were that smart and we got ahead of them.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Excerpt from “The Care and Feeding of Demons”
Edmond Stice May 12 2006 6:01PM

… Demons brought to our plane from their infernal native reality are extremely traumatized. Demons abhor physical restriction, and suffer emotional stress when they are compelled to certain duties. As big, powerful and terrifying as they are, they will whine like children missing their blankies under the yoke of some obligation.

That’s why summoning a demon to perform some task always sounds like a much better idea than it actually is. Demons are pouty, insolent, stubborn and even prone to self destruction to escape entrapment or geas. They’ve been known to beg for death, even as they thrash well-meaning warriors trying to give them the gift they are so loudly requesting.

The questions that must be answered after a demon‘s physical form is destroyed, and subsequently released from his prison, are “Where does he go? What does he want? What does he do with his newfound freedom?” Most likely, he will return to his own kind, either in the nether realms, or on this plane…

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

The questions that must be answered after a demon‘s physical form is destroyed, and subsequently released from his prison, are “Where does he go? What does he want? What does he do with his newfound freedom?” Most likely, he will return to his own kind, either in the nether realms, or on this plane…

So did the deamon move elsewhere?

Where are Deamons located?

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Fire Island
Hedge Maze
and various dungeons ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darri Lien

Darri Lien

Timeless Treasures Proprietor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Yesterday, Tov and I happened upon Inu and her pet beetle near Britain bank. After talking to her a bit, she mentioned an old hag named Nanako, and asked that we help the hag by taking a diamond to her as a message from Inu, stating she would know what the message means. Now.. to find this old hag...
Any suggestions?

she responed to the words
help
Nanako
message... with new clues than before

Unfortunately, I had to leave for work and did not have time to chat with her further to see if she had more to say.

Posted Image

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I think nanoka is not around untill pub 40 but I could be wrong
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2006, hint, inu the crone plot, releases, rune, uo