Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Hybrid Template... need suggestions

- - - - - hybrid suggestions template

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Hycran

Hycran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
120 swords
100 parry
40 resist
120 tactics
90 healing
110 magery
60 focus
60 meditation

Definately looking for suggestions, would be more than willing to move points around, but that was what i was aiming for. I want to dps more than spell cast, but doing both is a neccessity :)

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
If you want your spells to have any power behind them, you need eval int too. And if this is for PvP you will need higher resist.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Resist would not be necessary if he/she has a trapped box or pouch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Dosent Resist Also Work With Spells Like Curs Bloat Oath And Clumsy

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Dosent Resist Also Work With Spells Like Curs Bloat Oath And Clumsy

Yes, but eatting enchanted fruits deals with some of those issues as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
True...
I tend to make chars who don't have to carry around a ton of things, if I can. That way if I get killed and can't get them back, I can still rez and get back into the fight. About the only things I try to use are petals and bandages.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Yes, but eatting enchanted fruits deals with some of those issues as well.

THATS ALOT OF EATING IN BATTLE TAKES AWAY FROM OTHER THINGS

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Just a macro, with no wait time. As for a ton of things to carry, its true, but its just a matter of double clicking on your corpse to pick them up. The system works for many, use whatever templete or method that makes you happy. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hycran

Hycran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for the suggestions thus far!

As for magic dps, im not super concerned with cranking out a lot of damage through spells. It's more of a feral druid type of build, more physical dps oriented, although obviously less damage due to lack of anat.

I was just wondering more about the medi and focus requirements and whether i should drop them to 50 and put the 20 extra points into resist spells. Also interested in whether i should drop 10 points from something else and put it into something else (if that isnt vague enough)

thanks in advance :D

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I don't think any of it would work to be honest.

You could drop healing (without Anat it's pretty much useless, plus you won't be near 140 Dex for faster healing) and drop Focus, pick up Eval to GM or higher and use the rest to raise Parry or Resists.

Or

You could drop Resist and Focus and pick up GM Anat.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Hycran

Hycran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
dropping focus and resist was one of the things i was thinking of doing, but how would having no resists affect me in pvp? Mind you this is more of a pve char, but a little pvp would be nice :D

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Having GM Resist isn't enough in PvP. So unless you plan on taking it above GM (110 is the minimum I run with) then don't waste any points at all in it.

For PvE, you would be doing alright at GM, but the higher end mobs will still have some effect.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Hycran

Hycran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
the thing is, i could drop meditate as well and maybe maneuver a couple points and end up with gm resist spells, but i doubt its worth it to lose the 120's in my top level skills.

Ive started dropping resist and focus for anatomy already, and so far so good. skills deteriorate rather slowly though :( any way to speed that up?

Also, there is a cap on stats right?
Around what numbers do you think i should cap my str dex and int at. Obviously i dont need much more than 50 (approx) int as i wnot be casting too many spells, but im not sure about what dex even does, so some clarity would be lovely :D

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
If you can get your hands on a soulstone (or fragment) you can "flush" the skills off and you won't have to worry about waiting for skills to deteriorate.

As far as stats are concerned, you'll probably need to buy a stat scroll (if you haven't already) and anything less than +15 wouldn't really be worth it. You should try to get your stats to look something like

90 Str
140 Dex (you'll need items to reach this, if you can't then just go above 120)
40 Int

Dex is important for any build that uses Healing, for every 20 points in Dex you heal with a bandage 1 second faster, at 140 Dex you will have 4 second bandages.

If you plan on using Magery as healing, then you don't need to go so high in Dex as it would be a secondary form of healing, and you could get by with maybe

100 Str
100 Dex
45 Int (try to get either + Int or + Mana from items)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Hycran

Hycran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

If you can get your hands on a soulstone (or fragment) you can "flush" the skills off and you won't have to worry about waiting for skills to deteriorate.

As far as stats are concerned, you'll probably need to buy a stat scroll (if you haven't already) and anything less than +15 wouldn't really be worth it. You should try to get your stats to look something like

90 Str
140 Dex (you'll need items to reach this, if you can't then just go above 120)
40 Int

Dex is important for any build that uses Healing, for every 20 points in Dex you heal with a bandage 1 second faster, at 140 Dex you will have 4 second bandages.

If you plan on using Magery as healing, then you don't need to go so high in Dex as it would be a secondary form of healing, and you could get by with maybe

100 Str
100 Dex
45 Int (try to get either + Int or + Mana from items)

where to begin? haha

1st off: Thanks for all the replies, things are finally making sense :D
2nd: Where can i get a soulstone? something tells me they are not easy to attain, and i dont particularily feel like begging guildies for it.
2a: If i do attain a soulstone, can i flush off a skill then over-write it with another flush, thereby deleting the other one permanently?
3:Where can i buy stat scrolls?
3b:What is the max stat scroll that one can buy?
3c: The stat scroll simply raises the limit correct? it doesnt apply to a particular stat.
4:As for the builds, i was thinking high dex is a plus, but i still want to shoot off spells and be decent at it. I know you dont know much about wow, but im trying to become the UO equivalent of a Feral Druid. Mainly solo, but good raid dps and good healing abilities. Obviously not the greatest healer with like 50 magery, but bandages are my first healing concern (as they are for me :D )

I was also thinking of maybe dropping 10 points in meditation and sticking it in anat or parry, which would you pick?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
1: Your welcome

2: Fragments can be bought for a few hundred K or you can wait and they'll probably give some out in a few months as a gift. A full soulstone can be had with a 1 year vet reward. Yes, you can flush all your skills and take them all off permanantly (does not take a charge off of a fragment).

3: Vendors in Luna

3b: +25

3c: Yes

4: Not gonna happen (equivalent of a Feral Druid)

10 pts in any skill isn't much of a difference unless your talking about going from 110 to 120.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
far as souls stone can buy from anouther player or wait u can choose 1 as a 1st year vet reward and 25 is the highest stat it just raises cap you have to choose the stats to raise sounds to me your trying to go for tank mage i just recently made 1 ill show u my temp and items as something to go by (archery,magery,meditation,evalint,anatomy,also i had necro and spirit speak, items i wear heart of lion,royal legg embers,samaria folded steel reading glasses,stormgrips,pendant of magi,totem of void,sleeves gorget good resists maybe mana reg oh and a good 2/6 that +25 stat scroll gave my char 101str 101dex 101int witch im droping str to 80ish for more dex/int hope it helps :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hybrid, suggestions, template