Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

hmm where

- - - - - hmm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
What is best way to detect hidden from 0 to 100? Anyone thanks

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
http://uo.stratics.c...b/faq.shtml#q14
How Can I Train Detect Hidden?new suggestions by Poo

Well, you could practice on faction traps, but while that's effective at higher levels, it's not really smart. Why? Because you will die... and be put into stat loss which will end your training for the day. So let's put that methode to farm. Plus, faction traps are expensive and only stay for a day, so most faction people gaurd them jealously and will take great pride in killing any and all detect hidden/trap removal enemys they can get their grubby hands on!
Do you have a good friend with nothing to do for 2 days? Let's have a detect hidden party! Have the friend's skill in hiding about 50 points more then your detect hidden skill and have them hide... try to detect them, when you detect them you will gain, have them hide again, rinse and repeat. Warning - when you're done, he may no longer be a good friend due to boredom.
Go to Vesper bank, top north west room were the level 1 chests spawn. I recommend the Felucca side as it is not as busy. Just sit there and use detect hidden on all the chests... wait for them to respawn (few minutes), then detect the new ones. Rinse and repeat. This will give you nice steady gains all the way to 70, slow from there up.
Walk the dungeons. It's dangerous and takes a long time to do. But will get ya there. Detect the floors, detect the chest, detect everywere ya go.
For the hard core player who just HAS to train fast, buy up to about 30 skill in carpentry and tinkering. Buy plenty of wood and ingots. Make crates or boxes and trap them; I'd recommend dart trap as they do physical damage only. Make up a mess of boxes, trap them, then detect hidden on them till gains stop. Retrap boxes, detect hidden again. Once the gains stop, train up tinkering to next benchmark. Make boxes, trap, detect. Repeat. Now in theory you could probably train all the way to GM on tinker 30 trap boxes, but your gains will be very very slow at higher levels.

Your friend, the Right Honorable Poo of Sonoma.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Thanks so much

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hmm