Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Pvp Help

- - - - - pvp

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Guest_SmOkE_*

Guest_SmOkE_*
  • Guests
can anyone help me, i need the best bushido fencer templates people hav. im new to pvp, any tips and pointers would help very much

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
There several types of sammys out there at the mo, mage sammy (mostly uses a spell channeling bokotu for nerve strike), a necro sammy (mainly running vamp form), and the plain ole' straight sammy. Got any preference?

Guest_SmOkE_*

Guest_SmOkE_*
  • Guests
iv got a chivalry samuri right now , are they anygood?

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
They arnt bad, iny my opinion chiv isnt that great in pvp except for holy light spam. So secound quesion, do you want to be able to spam holy light?

If no you could run something like :

120 Fencing (or as high as you can go)
80 Chivlary
100 Bushido (put any vet points here, you realy want it higher than 100)
100 Parry
100 Resist
100 Anatomy
100 Med/Focu

Load up on DCI and HCI and your away. From what ive been seeing the last few weeks a lot of people are now runnign without tactics and if avoidable anatomy and building up thier DI with items. Also, if you realy want tactics, you can find some good regen armour and drop med/focus for tactics.

Guest_SmOkE_*

Guest_SmOkE_*
  • Guests
ok well this is what i got right now:

110 fencing
110 anat
80 bushido
70 chivalry
90 healing
50 focus
90 parry
105 tactics

i think i might drop tactics and put up focus

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
See if you can get fencing up a little bit more, even 115 makes a big difference. No resist spells could be a big deal, if you intend on yew gate style PvP youll do fine untill someone figures out youve got no resist, then you will be permanantly para'd. A note on focus though, if you got it at 50 put it to 60. The mana regen is realy needed in PvP.

Guest_SmOkE_*

Guest_SmOkE_*
  • Guests
is healing arlight at 90? or shuld i raise it to 100

and what about stats?
mine are:
105 str
92 dex
58 int

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
110 fencing <-- Push higher if you can get the scroll
110 anat <-- GM is good enough, if you want to sacrifice points take from here, not tactics.
80 bushido <-- if using LS a lot with a faster weaker weapon, might want to boost up for better chance at crit.
70 chivalry <-- another place to sacrifice points from if needed
90 healing <-- fine where it's at
50 focus <-- + or - 10 points depending on suit, if you need an extra MR1 then add
90 parry <-- bump to Gm or higher if possible
105 tactics <-- keep at GM or higher.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Honestly, you can survive without focus, if you find yourself needing to regen stam, just divine fury. Your rezzes may be a bit iffy at 90 healing, but it will do just fine. 115 weapons skill should be the minimum. 70 chiv is JUST fine. Its what I run on my dexxers, you may fail at E01, but the only time I use it is when fighting the champ of a spawn. other than that, they gave you some good template advice, it may end up with you playing around with it, and what armor/jewels you wear to get max out of what you have. Best of luck with it!

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
ok
the best fencing temp is

ninjitsu-120
parry-120
fencing-120
magicresist-120
chiv-105
poisoning-100

get oldschool tasky for area spammage
get good ubw butcher knife (disarm/infect)
4/6 casting & decent karma are a must
(its fine for reds, just try to keep karma around neutral and u will be able to cure lp first try, and remove curse)

best hci/dci/di that u can muster (hci/dci are most important)

max lmc, w/ atleast 8 mana regen (preferably 11+)
High strength for lots of hps (crimson, totem?)
Low dex (no healing,fast weap, so dont need much 65ish is fine i find.)
Reasonable intel (100+ mana is nice)

-also yer lp pots are insurable (all pots are for that matter)
Any left-over skill should probably go into tracking...and you should be an elf for extra 20 mana =0

upcomming publish may nerf this some...might need 80+ track, and ive also heard rumors of having to re-track after every deathstrike....which would pretty much make ninjitsu suck
but right now it kicks butt...in pvp atleast

CattleBaron

CattleBaron

Hey thats my cookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
after reading this post yall got some good ideas but they are flawed either u will rely too much on mana or have to carry kegs of potions to stay alive

the killer templates are nox bushido fencers spamming evasion and dpin people make u almost impossible to kill

my template i use and play daily is

120 fence
110 parry (for the archers out there)
100 busido
100 tactics
90 anatomy
90 healing
80-90 poisoning(depends on yur account age)

since the profeciences have been pushed back to pub 42 now it will give u a good six months of owning people and u wont rely totally on yur mana to keep u alive
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience. Never argue with me, I'll drag you down to my level and beat you with a bat.
Posted Image

Evil Ninja Troll

Evil Ninja Troll

I paint Cats.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
Well, I figured I would throw my template in there as well...of course I use maces instead of fencing:

120 maces
115 anatomy (120 would be nice, but I'm to cheap to buy scrolls)
115 bushido (120 would be nice, but I'm to cheap to buy scrolls)
115 parry (120 would be nice, but I'm to cheap to buy scrolls...sense the patern?)
100 healing (could go to 90 if needed)
85 chivalry (could be lower if needed)
60 necro (for vamp form and occasional curse weapon)

I am human with 110 str, 117 stam, 52 int. This is my first non-tactics char, but so far I have been pleased with it. My suit gives me 30 hci(+11 on wep), 35 dci, 100 dci and mr4 (I know it needs to be higher...but JOAT med and focus + vamp form make it alittle better) and 3/3 fc/fcr. The suit has 70/69/70/67/70 resists. With evasion going and 4 ways to heal...it's pretty hard to kill him...unless I screw up (known to happen from time to time:grin: )
Evil will always conquer over good, because good is dumb.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
any pvp template w. no magicresist is inherantly flawed.
Maybee you could run around yew w/o resist if you always have a box...but try pushing thru para fields...
and have fun w/ poison, mana drain, etc, and curse dropping yer HP's by like 30...

Heck even pvm u get ur butt kicked w/o resist.

poison,para,mana drain, etc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp