Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Best PVM Template

- - - - - pvm template

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Omah

Omah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I am looking for opinions as to the best PVM template.

Thanks!!!!

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Based on what profession, tamer/mage/bard/dexxer etc. etc. There is NO "best" template, but there are a LOT of great templates depending on your char preferences.:)

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Id say its a toss up between Discord/Mage/Tamer and Sam/Pally/Meeleer with abitlity to cast vampiric embrace...

Posted Image

Omah

Omah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
What I am looking for is examples of templates that seem to be the most successful in PVM.

Thanks!!

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
120 taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Music
120 Discordance
110 Magery

That in combination with high level pets will crank through just about anything the PvM expirience has to offer.

120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bushido
GM Anatmoy
90 Healing
60 Chiv
~50 Tactics
~50 Necro

You have to play with the numbers here a bit. Basically you need enough Necro to be able to don items and get high enough to cast Vampiric Embrace (a Necro form that increases you Mana and Stamina regeneration rates as well as adds a life leech ability to your weapons) and then yuo can dump the rest in tactics.

This build is HEAVILY item and suit dependent. Youll want any weapons you use to have as high a Mana Leech as possible and getting together the items need to increase your Necro as much as possible (+15 Bracelet, +15 Ring, Ossian Grimoire (+10 Necro spellbook), Bloodwood Spirit Talisman with +5 Necro, and Midight Bracers (Lev 11 DOOM arty arms with +20 Necro)

When you go into Vampire Form, you lose a TON of Fire Resist so your suit has to have alot of fire and everything else.

While it is quite a thing to do, youll know why when you play it. There is a guy on Stratics (baghdaddy) that has solod DreadHorn and Paroxymus wit this template. Key gathering included...

Posted Image

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Well I think any char with ways to take down bigger and more important mobs.

Like they said: tamer, discord, necro, spellweaving, peace, Archer, items with whirlwind or able to hit many targets at one time, chivalry. The thing is also you want to have max is 100% spell damn inc with items. Next is what helps with that eval, @ inscript.

There is many pvm guys that with few things do over 1000+ damn per cast to mob bosses so I would have to say this is very much so what is needed.

110 eval {+10 and more mods on item that is needed scrapper's} (120)
100 script
90 magery {crystal ring +20 mage +20 focus sdi}
95 spellweaving {be always focus 5th level or 6th}
95 necro {+5 necro totem bloodwood} (100)
110 Speak {+10 speak totem bloodwood} (120)
120 Resist
So get 100% sdi with items, use items help ya with finishing char skills,eval, inscrib, speak, inc you spell damn using spellweaving 6th level you rock with Word of death easy 1000 damn or more up to heard 1200+ damn on bosses.

Tell me what you think then get items and there you go.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Id say its a toss up between Discord/Mage/Tamer and Sam/Pally/Meeleer with abitlity to cast vampiric embrace...

Yup.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Trinity North

Trinity North

Shogun of Kijustsu Anei Shame Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
A discord tamer with a pack of ozzies is amazing. The damage output is extremely high. The only downside is hp's. As for other pets, I would say that a rune beetle/kitsune will do extremely high damage.

Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
General purpose go anywhere anytime ...
Peace/tamer

120 Animal Lore
120 Taming
120 Vet
110 Magery (yup not going to spend real cash on a 120)
120 Music
120 Peace

If you have a specific target for the night with no crowd control worries then disco... on a soul stone and exchange it with peace...

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
110 Animal Lore
110 Taming all you really need get bracelet in your pack when need more tame
60 chivalry to heal your pets and such
110 provo
110 music
100 Peace area peace
120 discord

Guest_Duku_*

Guest_Duku_*
  • Guests
I use a Necro-Elf, with a Paroxy Swamp Dragon under my seat
My template is:

120 Sword
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
35 Necro
85 Chivalry

Equip:
Mace & Shield
Jackal
Bane
15/14 fc 1 Shield
RBC
Primer
Crimson
Gloves/Sleeves High resist/SI/MI/lmc
Jewel: 47 DI, resist, 12 hci/29 DCI, lmc

Total
46 Hci / 44 Dci
lmc 40%
DI 67%
Resistance: 70 69 68 70 75 (Elf, with Vet reward cloak), i have already calculated malus by vamp form.
Stat: 120 140 (stamina 158) 72 (+20); with + 25 SoS

I simply go with my soulseeker, i love it! Expecially when i have full mana, i use the random special ^^
However, my Stamina allows me to carry even slower weapon, i have a runic katana HLA HML HSL DI SSI, and a HLA HML HL SSI DI bone harvester

You can go in a lot of places, about Bosses i have fought Paroxy and Dread Horn, with no problem! Even collecting the Keys is a joke Posted Image

I hope this can help

tnynyn

tnynyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
For the hell of it:

Animal Vet 80
Animal Lore 110
Animal Taming 110
Magery 100
Evaluate Int 100
Necro 100
SS 100

I got bored (was a peace/provo/tamer) so I stoned off the barding skills and went this route. Currently working on the Necro skills. Dunno how good this template be though, but its fun to play around with different skills.

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Has anyone tried 5 dark wolves yet?

edit - I started to mess with it but ran out of stable slots. They have more HPS and still have pack instincts. I'm not sure how they would look next to a pack of ozzies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvm, template