Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Old timey see-saw method for newer players

- - - - - method newer players seesaw timey

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
With the recent changes in stat gain (actually a reversion), I thought it might be nice for the newer players to list the method of gaining max stats in minimum time.
First, the method.

1) Ensure you have a total of 700 points skill points. If you don't go to NPCs and ask them to teach you some useless skills just to fill up the 700. (WARNING, this will reduce the occurrence of your Guaranteed gains, which is based on total skill points)

2) Lock all you skills apart from the 2 you'll be using to seesaw. Use the list below to select complimentary skills that are easy to use (Why would you try to use smithing to raise STR, when you can use Lumberjack)

3) Lock all skills except the one you want to raise first.
[Effectively, you will be trading the skill points from one skill to the other, thereby generating stat gain chances. At lower skill levels, you have a greater chance for a gain, and a greater chance for a stat gain because of the skill gains.]

4) Lock your stats except the one you want to gain in

5) Set any skill with skill points to down (this is your donor skill, lock it out once the 15 skill points are gone)

6) Start doing skill (ex, lumberjacking). Stop at 15 points. LOCK OUT THE DONOR SKILL.

7) Set this skill to down.

8) Select another skill that raises the same stat from the list below, set to raise (arrow up).

9) Stop at 15 points. Return to step 6

10) rinse and repeat until stats are reached.

IF YOU ARE ALREADY AT SKILL CAP

1) lock out the stats you do not want raised (leave the one you want raised up). Alternatively, you can use this method to move stats from one to the other.

2) select a skill that you have in your template from the list below, make sure it is unlocked.

3) do the thing you do with it until stats are reached. NOTE, it is best to choose a skill that has no inherent skill wait time, like the lore skills, anatomy, etc.

*UPDATE* 1 july 2007*
[
B]Veteran characters (defined as characters with 700+ skill points) and at least one GM skill will gain a stat point (depending on the prime and alt stat from the list below) EVERY time they use that skill. The skill and stat most both be set to increase (arrow up in skill and stats gump).[/B]
UO.COM Publish update(clickie click)

Third, the Skills to use to gain the desired stat.
Alchemy
Int
Dex

Anatomy
Int
Str

Animal Lore
Int
Str

Animal Taming
Str
Int

Archery
Dex
Str

Arms Lore
Int
Str

Begging
Dex
Int

Blacksmithing
Str
Dex

Bowcraft/Fletching
Dex
Str

Bushido
Str
Int

Camping
Dex
Int

Carpentry
Str
Dex

Cartography
Int
Dex

Chivalry
Str
Int

Cooking
Int
Dex

Detect Hidden
Int
Dex

Discordance
Int
Dex

Evaluating Intelligence
Int
Str

Fencing
Dex
Str

Fishing
Dex
Str

Focus
Dex
Int

Forensic Evaluation
Int
Dex

Healing
Int
Dex

Herding
Int
Dex

Hiding
Dex
Int

Dex

Item Identification
Int
Dex

Lockpicking
Dex
Int

Lumberjacking
Str
Dex

Mace Fighting
Str
Dex

Magery
Int
Str

Meditation
Int
Str

Mining
Str
Dex

Musicianship
Dex
Int

Necromancy
Int
Str

Ninjitsu
Dex
Int

Parrying
Dex
Str

Peacemaking
Int
Dex

Poisoning
Int
Dex

Provocation
Int
Dex

Remove Trap
Dex
Int

Resisting Spells
Str
Dex

Snooping
Dex
Int

Spellweaving
Int
Str

Spirit Speak
Int
Str

Stealing
Dex
Int

Stealth
Dex
Int

Swordsmanship
Str
Dex

Tactics
Str
Dex

Tailoring
Dex
Int

Taste Identification
Int
Str

Tinkering
Dex
Int

Tracking
Int
Dex

Veterinary
Int
Dex

Wrestling
Str
Dex

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Good guide. I've found though that my stats went up naturally through training my desired skills, and I didn't have any trouble reaching my desired stats with this new (old) stat gain system. Hopefully that's true with most cases! My hope was that they chose the primary and secondary stats appropriately such that most templates could gain stats through natural gameplay.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
thanks for the imput might come in handy when i start a new character

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
The most common useage for this method is for Mages and Warriors who need the stats to gain while fighting. A warrior with starting stats gains much slower than a 125 dex warrior.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Gieschen

Gieschen

Bringing RP back to mmoRPg! w0o+!!!!!!1 <

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I like using these skills and macros for yoyoing, because you really don't have to do much other than sit:

Arms Lore for int; Last skill, last target
Lumberjack for str; I forget the macro, but it's something like these other two. Or I suppose you could just use a weapon skill on a training dummy.
Music for dex; Last object, use selected target

edit: with using arms lore and music back and forth, once you've initially used them, you don't need to re-click anything (except turning your skills up and down), just switch between the two macros. I use ctrl-s for one and ctrl-x for the other (I know, I'm lazy)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I like the new stat system :)
Posted Image

Gieschen

Gieschen

Bringing RP back to mmoRPg! w0o+!!!!!!1 <

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I'm not really sure I like a system where yoyoing can be used (I'll use it to keep up with other gamers though). It's really not earning anything and unrealistic imho.

Stolencheese

Stolencheese

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

I like the new stat system :)

I much proffered the old system, A stat gain every 15 mins.. it alowd us to sit around, once every 15 mins.. Run out! Kill a mongbat!.. Sit around again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

I'm not really sure I like a system where yoyoing can be used (I'll use it to keep up with other gamers though). It's really not earning anything and unrealistic imho.

bingo

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
I make a lot of charactors and do a lot of training for the Rainydays and shard publishes and server maintanences. I very much like that it doesn't take upwards of a month to get your stats filled out anymore. As for if I think it is for the best that it has changed, I am not sure. I think it would have worked out better if they had the (warning, I am sure I will spell this wrong, and not just cause this keyboard doesn't like some letters) Alricity scrolls for stats as well as skills while using them.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
altracity scrolls work great when you start a new character

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I didn't know they changed it. It seems very much like the old pre pub-16 ways. Not bad. (although I never had any problems with the last system)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: method, newer, players, seesaw, timey