Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Zoo's Full Again!

- - - - - full zoo

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
The Moonglow Zoo is now on its 11 tier and full again! MTC held a nice event for touring the zoo, it was great! Good job everyone.

Attached Thumbnails

• Moonglowzoo.JPG
  • Moonglowzoo1.JPG

Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
LA is on tier 1 :P
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Wow, I'll have to go back to my old home to see a full zoo. Doesn't seem like LA will ever get there!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Read that they are changing the requirments for low populated shards
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
That would be excellent :)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
very cool full zoo nice never seen that

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Congrats Atlantic!

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
We had ours full for about a day. Now it's back to tier one. :(

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
There are several Tamer-based guilds on Atlantic that hold events to help keep the Zoo full. UTB (hehe gotta help my guild out) holds an event the last Saturday of each month, the winner with the most donation points receives a million gold! :)

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
I just stopped by the zoo on Atlantic. I must say, it's really, really cool.

We have enough tamers around LA in UO:F - we should have some sort of events to fill the zoo!

If you don't mind me asking, Jakar, how does the monthly competition that your guild holds work?

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
That's a very good idea Jakar, and a very nice thing your guild is doing for Atlantic.

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
It takes a lot of man power and knowledge to work.

We started off with advertising both in-game and out on the forums.

On the day of events, at the starting time we simply start counting people's points as they bring them in. As people tame pets to donate they have to "check-in" with one of the guild mates that's counting points (there are several of these people usually.) Things that people checking in have to be aware of are whether or not the person is bringing in multiple pets to donate, and how many. We ask that each person donating go back to the same person to check-in every time, that way its easier to taller their points. The point system is simple, we use the same the points the zoo does, so there is no confusion between us or the contestants. After the time limit is up, our guild gets together, double checks that no two people have points for the same person, and then declare 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! :)

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
I love that idea Jakar!

I'm thinking of hosting something similar :) I'd start small, maybe first within my guild only, until I got the process down, then open it up to more people.

Thanks for the idea!!!!

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Anytime kit. :)

When you do move to larger scale, may I recommend having lots of "check-in" people... we use about 5-10. Makes it much easier.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: full, zoo