Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How to Value Loot Nowadays

- - - - - loot nowadays

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

natbrazil

natbrazil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi all,

I'm an oldtimer who has lost track of how to place a value on loot, mainly I mean weapons and armor. I'd like to classify such into three categories:
  • Junk to giveaway to newbs
  • Worth reselling
  • So good I should keep it
I realize it is subjective... After all, One man's junk is another man's treasure, right? =)

But how do you all handle this? Anyone have anything that can help me?

Thanks much!
... Nat
ICQ 95201612

See the world, Join the FCB @ www.theFCB.com

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
You're right in that it's subjective, but here's what I keep:

Armor with 38+ resists (for enhancing attempts)
Armor with 70+ luck (again, to try enhancing)
Weapons - varies, but I will often keep hit mana and life leech 30+, hit spell effects 30+, and weps with hit chance increase or damage increase (higher the better). SSI preferable on slow weapons. Just one of those things usually isn't enough to keep a weapon, but combinations of good values are keepers.

Jewels - FC/FCR combos, 14+ LRC, 10+ HCI or DCI, 18+ DI, or +5 dex with DI and either HCI or DCI

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
There HAS to be a combination of things on loot items for it to be anything above "Junk to giveaway to newbs".

As Kit said, you should have a base # of resists to look for total with regards to enhancing (like a wizards hat with 38 to Kit would be trash, 'cause you can't enhance, but woodland armor may not need 38 'cause if you enhance *cough*successfully*cough* with wood you can get more resists than with leather/metal).

Luck Armor is iffy, I don't keep less than 80, and even if it has 80, it still needs to come with other properties be it decent resists (25-30) or LRC/LMC.

Weapons depends on what type needs what properties, but in general you want atleast 3 good properties on any one item for it to get past the "Junk to giveaway to newbs" status.

Jewels, Kit pretty much hit dead on, but I'll add in you will need good combinations of properties on these too. Also low intensities (less than +5 Stat, +10 Skill, 30% Hit ______, 5% HCI/DCI) aren't worth keeping.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loot, nowadays