Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOKR Client Crashes & Locks Instantly

- - - - - client crashes instantly locks uokr

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Guum

Guum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Sigh...starting to have problems in KR again myself. I had a problem similar to the OP a couple months ago. I "fixed" it by formatting the hard drive and re-installing windows (and of course re-downloading that beast of a program). It worked like a charm for several weeks after that, but now it's starting to crash every 10-15 minutes...not so sure I'm going to bother uninstalling and reinstalling the program again, and I'm certainly not going to do the whole windows re-install again. Sucks since I play almost exclusively in KR now.

Sleath Darkmor

Sleath Darkmor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I guess I forgot to mention I am running the 2D client! Windows Vista reminds me alot of Windows ME... What a nightmare. Thanks for everyone who is posting and helping resolve these issues, its unfortunate that you pay for this game and you cant get service or support from the people who actually make the game and charge us every month to play it.

Acara

Acara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

For those of you still experiencing problems with UO:KR, you may want to check out this set of guidelines written by Old Man of UO on UOS... Optimize Performance in UO:KR. Seems to have been helping quite a number of players who couldn't run KR before and reduced nearly all the crashing.

Hope that helps.

I love you in purely non-brokeback fashion =)

I was having the 30 minute crash cycle for almost 2 months & the final straw was when the champion spawns woudl crash me when the backpack items were distributed ..... nothing worse than making it through the entire spawn, doing max damage with no interuptions & then crashing at the very end when the champ finally dropped.

Anyways, I did the optimize performance thingy listed above & actually was able to do doom and a champ spawn with no issues ..... and finaly got my first drop since I've been back.

The graphics are dumbed down a little, but everything runs as smooth as silk so far........ with no crashes.

Just make sure you do the custom interface and the video card portions .... going from 30 to 60 makes a world of difference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: client, crashes, instantly, locks, uokr