Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Has Kingdom Reborn Dev's Took A Peak Into World Of Warcraft And Stole There Interface

- - - - - dev interface kingdom peak reborn stole warcraft world

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Valas

Valas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I play both games, World of Warcraft {AkA: WoW} And Kingdom Reborn Beta, There is something very similar between the two games... There interface is practically identical, I made the image below to show the such similarity between two games.

Posted Image

What do you think? Is Ultima Online or should I say EA trying to match world of warcraft, or is it just some very unusual coincidence? You Decide.

Tryken

Tryken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I don't know. Does WoW borrow its interface from 20 other MMOs? Could it be that the interface is actually fairly common with online games? I definitely think that's the case, opposed to UO directly ripping off WoW. Could it have taken some things from it that it felt useful? Sure! But I'd rather have them borrow some successful concepts from other games than to make poor ones on their own.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Guild Wars also uses a similar hot bar, I just think that is the norm now a days and UO is trying to adapt. However, those two look freakishly alike! I don't mind as long as its useful and works right!

I really hope the UO Icons, look as nice as WoW & Guildwars.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

I play both games, World of Warcraft {AkA: WoW} And Kingdom Reborn Beta, There is something very similar between the two games... There interface is practically identical, I made the image below to show the such similarity between two games.

Posted Image

What do you think? Is Ultima Online or should I say EA trying to match world of warcraft, or is it just some very unusual coincidence? You Decide.

Id have to say its more the other way around :)

UO2 was in the pipeline long before WoW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dev, interface, kingdom, peak, reborn, stole, warcraft, world