Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PvP KR enhancements required

- - - - - enhancements kr pvp required

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source posted on UO U.Hall

Here are my (mostly) PvP requirements for KR that either aren't there or don't work. Feel free to add your own.

Provide a controlled set of function like these and cheaters won't need to use illegal 3rd party programs, so providing the rest of us with a level playing field.

* A customisable and self-updating display of the total amount of resources such as pots and bandages that I have left, in a separate window. Oh and other things such as tithing points.
* A display of a bandage starting, time to go and that it has ended.
* Be able to save multiple lists of clothing/armour items and switch between them with hot keys.
* Disarm currently held items keys/macros
* Ability to disarm in a macro.
* An undress key/macro.
* Ability to undress in a macro.
* Ability to create and amend text versions of macros.
* Be able to loop macros.
* Macros to be able to wait for events such as over/under/at HP, mana, stamina.
* Able to insert pauses in macros.
* Ability for macros to detect events such as particular spoken words, spells cast, being a ghost, that being disarmed and dismounted timer had ended, that buff spells and buff pots have ended i.e. ability to start macros through other than key presses.
* Ability for macros to recognise player states e.g. hurt, poisoned, mortalled, cursed, on foot, mounted, armed, disarmed, under effect of all buffs and debuffs, etc.
* Be able to craft and recycle multiple items with one key press.
* All gumps to be resizable to make best use of desktop space.
* A macro that attacks the closest player enemy (non-alliance red, blue, etc). Need to be able to customise what gets targeted. There's something like this in current client but it doesn't work or at least not for PvP.
* A move-item macro that lets you pick a source bag, a set of items and a destination bag to take some of drudgery out of sorting items and restocking.
* Your own character's corpses flash or show a message to make looting easier under a pile of bodies.
* The open door function works regardless of direction facing and within two tiles of any door.

Map...
* A square (round wastes 1/4 of the available space), resizable, zoom-able map with a CLEAR display.
* Shows guild and alliance members and others from a shared list along with their names.
* Ability to drop markers
* Ability to hit panic and have this flagged on the map.

I'm not particularly looking from feedback from other people on this list though I know I will get it anyway. Rather just add your own PvP needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is already possible in the KR client. You can even make a macro so that it disarms you, drinks a pot, and rearms you all with the push of one button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My PvP needs are very simple. I need to be able to attack or attack/all kill the selected target. If the Last Object set to Current is supposed to do this, it doesn't work. Or I am not setting it up right (which is entirely possible).

As for the map, we are all used to the functionality of UOAM and we need that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is already possible in the KR client. You can even make a macro so that it disarms you, drinks a pot, and rearms you all with the push of one button.

@Kravik - Can you elaborate on that and maybe provide some instruction on how to do this? It would certainly help those who haven't figured it out.

@Luka - One of the goals of the KR client is to eliminate the need for 3rd party apps. I personally think they need to implement all the work they did on the 2D map into the KR client. I love the 2D map and would like to see it in the KR client.

On a side note, it has been said by one of the devs that the interface is skinnable and that they fully expect 'someone' to bring out a Classic 2D skin shortly after launch. If the dev team KNOWS there are many people who want this look on the new client, why would't they provide this skin, and maybe make it available to the masses for tweaking? That would certainly be a good faith effort to show us they care about the people who ACTUALLY LIKE the old style UI, primarily the gumps, backpack, containers and much more.

If nothing else, release info on how to create some skins so we can get to work on them NOW. It might actually help with some of the bitching people are doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why do you need to loop macros for PvP?

Anyway it isn't legal to loop anything
:wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

being able to switch entire outfits is a terrible idea

ok so im attacking you.........45hci suit with 100DI and lmc/mr
uhoh almost redlined *switch to HPR/HPI suit and run away*
oh fighting a mage *mr suit* ah fighting a dexxer *dci suit*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dress/undress macros and delay macro options are in now - are they not working the way you want them to?

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Ability for macros to detect events such as particular spoken words, spells cast, being a ghost, that being disarmed and dismounted timer had ended, that buff spells and buff pots have ended i.e. ability to start macros through other than key presses.
* Ability for macros to recognise player states e.g. hurt, poisoned, mortalled, cursed, on foot, mounted, armed, disarmed, under effect of all buffs and debuffs, etc.

I don't like these ideas... it makes PvP more around who has the best macros as opposed to who has the best skill at recognizing and adapting to his situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A good point. But the choice seems to be to make it available in the game for everyone or have it only available to those that are willing to use macros/scripts with illegal tools.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* A customisable and self-updating display of the total amount of resources such as pots and bandages that I have left, in a separate window. Oh and other things such as tithing points.

You can do that, just add a hotbar and place your resources there and it will work. Not sure with tithing point but maybe the book will show it if you place it in a hotbar.

* A display of a bandage starting, time to go and that it has ended.

This is not there yet, hopeful it will be.

* Be able to save multiple lists of clothing/armour items and switch between them with hot keys.

You can do this with the dress/arm and undress/unarm macro, only problem is you can't yet auto add to the macro, what is on your paperdoll, you have to add them yourself.

You can do that with undress/unarm macro

You can stack macroes but yet it's bugged.

* An undress key/macro.

Yes you can do that, just choose what you want to drop and add a hotkey

* Ability to undress in a macro.

Still a part of the dress/undress macro

* Ability to create and amend text versions of macros.

Make a script? I hope not

I hope not

* Macros to be able to wait for events such as over/under/at HP, mana, stamina.

Hope not, are you going to play at all or let a script do it?

* Able to insert pauses in macros.

You can do that

You mean GM warning, I hope not

I can't see others than Blind Otto would need that, play attented, you don't need a script to play for you.

* Be able to craft and recycle multiple items with one key press.

Not possible but I would like to see the options to make last x 5 or 10 and to make a smelt macro where you set a smelt bag.

* All gumps to be resizable to make best use of desktop space.

I think we all wish that and hopeful we can have it.

* A macro that attacks the closest player enemy (non-alliance red, blue, etc). Need to be able to customise what gets targeted. There's something like this in current client but it doesn't work or at least not for PvP.

If in war, A will attack nearest friendly, Tab will attack nearest enemy. When you have a taget, all your spell will hit that taget unless you you set the spell to give you a curser or target self or ?
You will find out, when done, KR will work much better for PvP than 2D unless you want a script to play for you.

* A move-item macro that lets you pick a source bag, a set of items and a destination bag to take some of drudgery out of sorting items and restocking.

Several had asked for that so who know, maybe we will get it.

* Your own character's corpses flash or show a message to make looting easier under a pile of bodies.

Y only died once yet but I think my corpes was on the map want there was a red light over the corpes to help me find it. Else use ctrl + shift to see it.

* The open door function works regardless of direction facing and within two tiles of any door.

I had not yet seen an open door macro but the macro system is not done yet.

Map...
* A square (round wastes 1/4 of the available space), resizable, zoom-able map with a CLEAR display.

I don't mind it be round, I'm too is unhappy, it is not to much use as it is now. You can soom.

* Shows guild and alliance members and others from a shared list along with their names.

I do believe it will but have not tested it, maybe it's not in yet.

* Ability to drop markers

I would like that too

* Ability to hit panic and have this flagged on the map.

Have not heard about that being there or planed but if enough ask for it, I can't see why we should not get it.

Right now, I just want to stay ingame for more than 15 min without crash, want to resize the screen so it fit me best and not be forced to play in 800x600 at a 1280x768 screen without being able to fill the rest of the screen with black for my hotbars, map, .... and get the bugs fixed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enhancements, kr, pvp, required