Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

World Map Pics & Menu

- - - - - map menu pics world

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Gonna try to work through each option :)

To me this is really cool too!!

You X the locations you want to show up on your world map under Map Options then return to Map to see them ....

Attached Thumbnails

• WORLDMAP1.jpg
  • WORLDMAP2.jpg
  • WORLDMAP3.jpg
  • WORLDMAP4.jpg
  • WORLDMAP5.jpg
  • WORLDMAP6.jpg

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Personally I was hoping the map would have some colour, I have not logged in to KR for a while but I assume it may have changed am I the only one who cant see any definition in the map for shows/houses in towns, Why cant they just intergrate a UOAuto Map style into UO its alot of detail and nice colours, not just brown with blue and some fancy coloured buttons

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

Personally I was hoping the map would have some colour, I have not logged in to KR for a while but I assume it may have changed am I the only one who cant see any definition in the map for shows/houses in towns, Why cant they just intergrate a UOAuto Map style into UO its alot of detail and nice colours, not just brown with blue and some fancy coloured buttons

I agree, I do not find it very useful as you can't see houses etc. In the dungeons its hard to see where the walls are etc. I hope they really work on this.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

I agree, I do not find it very useful as you can't see houses etc. In the dungeons its hard to see where the walls are etc. I hope they really work on this.

So one of there selling point was dont worry you wont need third party programs any longer! Well i'll still be using UO Auto Map, as its much better!

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
I don't get those buttons.

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I agree UOAM is much better
Posted Image

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
99% sure that the maps are still under construction .. so it can only get better .. don't forget to send in your feedback on what you would like to see with the world map and our little map :)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
True...but doesnt look like they are trying to head in the direction to make the maps similar to UOAM. I really like having buildings label.
Posted Image

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

99% sure that the maps are still under construction .. so it can only get better .. don't forget to send in your feedback on what you would like to see with the world map and our little map :)

Mum when in game, can you still give feed back on the bug report or no?

Also, I agree Ben, bldg. labels is great and also when fishing and plotting your course! I also Mark hot spots for ore & serpents. I really hope they implement something like that.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Amity

Amity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Digging up treasure is next to impossible with the maps as they are. The particular map I had was near Brit crossroads where there are 4 or 5 treasure locs very close together, and there wasn't enough detail to tell which it was. Drawing your own local map when you get there isn't helpful, as the player-drawn maps are just as blobby.

Hopefully they will improve; I know one of the first things I would have considered in making a new UI would be to include all the functionality of UOPro programs that people depend on.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Amity :)

Good point on the tmaps.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Just a guess, but their PROBABLE priority atm is fixing the mem leak and the crashes. Alot of content is not in yet, so hopefully that is part of the publish schedule Jeremy posted about.

Personally, I wish they had NOT lifted the NDA, and had stayed in closed Beta a while longer. This is not in a state that I would consider "polishing".

BTW, have any of you looked at the 2D radar map lately? WOW.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
WEclome Amity. I agree with Vepl, had not thought to look at Tmaps. Good job.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
"Mum when in game, can you still give feed back on the bug report or no?"

as far as I can see .. yes ... send it in as a bug feedback .. cant utlize map during ....

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Thats the world map? It is pretty useless. And those markers are huge. How are you supposed to find the marked spot.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Elahhez

Elahhez

Knuckleheads.dk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i dont like the colors and lack of houses, but it do have some neat functions such as markers for corpse and quest givers/destinations
www.Knuckleheads.dk - Website for an alliance on drachenfels, arranging events including Chicken Fight Club

Valas

Valas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Ill tell you what it is, UO well not UO but EA is trying to keep up with rpg's like World of warcraft and there fancie maps, and fancie interface , just keep it simple!

Nero Blackraven

Nero Blackraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
My hope beyond hopes is that they update UOAM to work with the new client but that might be too much to ask. I was so bummed when I tried to get it working and it does not recognize the new client (not that I was really expecting it to). PLEASE update UOAM so I can do with what I have done with the 2d and 3d map (which is to keep them closed and use UOAM).

Maximus Deschain

Maximus Deschain

Hand Of Death

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
what does the 2D map look like Baldguy? can you post a picture? i havent got on Beta yet.

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
The 2D map is very detailed, they changed that sometime in the last year or so...And let's not forget about the most important reason to use UOAM, the ability to have a guild map server so you know where your guildies are in relation to you. This is currently the main reason I have not yet attempted to PvP in KR, I don't wan't to look up and find myself surrounded by 5 enemies instead of what I thought were my guildmates. That happens enough now when I know where everyone else is, I can't imagine what it would be like if I had no map. Plus, I have a whole 2nd monitor that I use almost solely for UOAM, I wish there was a way to expand the KR screen and take advantage of that 2nd display.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: map, menu, pics, world