Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Speaking Orc

- - - - - orc speaking

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
How To Speak in Orc

(idea) by SoberSephiroth (3.6 y) (print) ? 1 C! Sun Sep 17 2000 at 4:11:39

Ey der, oomie! Dis ib Bagh'Nakh, agh me ib guin tu lurn lat hu to blah lik urks!
(Hello, human. This is Bagh'Nakh, and I'm going to teach you how to speak like orcs do.)
Sinz lat ib juzt agh toopid oomie, lat juzt neeb to gruk ash tingie: "Gib urks tribuut tu Wargoth"
(Since you're just a stupid human, you just need to know one phrase: "Give us orcs tribute for our war god.")

Agh ib lat gib us shinies agh fuud, den uz nub clomp lat.
(And if you give us gold or food, we might not kill you.)

But, ib lat triun to blah like tru bubhosh urk, den deez agh tingies lat mite blah:
(But, if you're trying to really speak like really good orcs do, then these are things you might say.)

Ug - Hello
Gug'ye - Goodbye
Yub - Yes
Nub - No
Lat - You
I/Me - Me(orcs NEVER say I)
Hoowah! - Happiness/war cry
rulg - Thank You
humie/oomie - human
gruk - understand/know
mojo - magic
tingies - equipment
urk - orc
shinies - gold
shardie - NPC orc
ligz, ligz-r - arrows, archer
o-ligz - bow
womp, womp-r - mace/blunt weapon, user
lusk/lusk-r - axe, axe user
zult/zult-r - scimitar, user
igg - dagger
k'igg - spear
wimpstik - any weapon that inflicts almost no damage
Wargoth - Orcish God, or tribe leader
Numbers(although orcs typically cannot count well, if at all):

zuth - zero
ash - one
dub - two
gakh - three
futh - four
H - five
Hash - six
Hdub - seven
Hgakh - eight
Hfuth - nine
HH - ten
HHash - eleven
and so forth..
Der! Nuw lat gruk hu tu blah lik urk, su gu tu latz furt, agh start tu blah like ash, su dem oomies kan blah: "Gah! !!! agh dumhed, Har!"

Go on to level two of How to Speak in Orc

Ey der agin, oomies. Bagh'Nakh ib ere agin tu lurn lat to blah like urks eben beddur. Ib lat nub gruk !!! me am blahin, den lat shud gu tu "Hu tu blah lik urks". Dis ib lebel dub ub hu tu blah like urk.
(Hello again, humans. Bagh'Nakh is here again to teach you how to speak like orcs even better. If you have no clue what I'm saying, then you should go to "How to Speak in Orc". This is level two of How to Speak in Orc.)
Bud, ib lat stil nub gruk !!! me am blahin, dat is juzt cuz lat ib pushdug, dumhed oomie. Har!
(But if you still don't know what I'm saying, that is just because you're a stinking, "dumb head" human. Ha!)

Note: Not all orcish words are "formalized". When in doubt of how to say a word, try to misspell it but still keep it close. Basicially, orcs speak like five year olds with stuffy noses.

female orc - kuruk
war - turug
god - ulu
craftsman - makr
apprentice mage - mojokii
orcish mage - mojoka
speak/talk - blah
light - jurzum
dark - burzum
fire - ghaash
water - brugh
earth - abhu
wind - yula
lord - shakh
master - goth
ruler - durub
army - rukh
voice - mog
fool - glob
orc adult - grunt
orc child - gruntee
big - pug
coward/terrible - nubhosh
drunk - gral
great/amazing - bubhosh
stinking - pushdug
stupid/idiot - dumhed
ugly - bratug
surrounding - krimp
might - clog
deception - snarf
and - agh
pig/pet - buub
lie hidden - fauth/hidee
fort - furt
Noun Plural: Put 'z' after vowel.
Ex:

slave - snaga
slaves - snagaz
Put 'u' after consonant
Ex:
pig - buub
pigs - buubu
Orc speak for Shadowclan Orcs on the Catskills and Siege Perilous shards from Ultima Online. Some speak was originally created for use by the Shadowclan, while some is borrowed from Tolkien.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orc, speaking