Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ok A Little Imput Here On Archer Mage

- - - - - archer imput mage

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
I Would Like To Make A Forimable Archer Mage Character For Pvm And Mabey A Little Pvp And I Would Appreciate Help On What I Need Including Skills And Stat Wise.thank You All Ahead Of Time I Know I Will Get Some Good Responses

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Archer/Mage would be pretty Stat restricted.

You could go with less Dex and more Int because you can heal/cure with Magery, but your swing speed takes a huge hit unless you run with the fastest/least damaging weapons.

It could be possible though, maybe something like

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Eval
120 Magery
120 Resist
100 Med

Stats would be dictated dependant on how much you want to use your Archery, if it's secondary to spells, or if you're going to have summons tank while you sit back and launch arrows.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
While it seems to make sense that archery makes a good complement to magery (ie. you keep a distance with magery to avoid spell interruption, and archery is a ranged attack), it just never seemed to work for me. Like dip said, the stats are too restrictive. If you sink your stat points into dex for archery, your mage is practically useless with little mana. Vice versa. If you load up on int to use magery as your primary attack, then archery is at best, secondary, due to slow fire speeds (low dex).

I was never able to make it work to my liking. I've moved skills around via soulstones and now have a nox mage (no weapon skill) and a paladin archer.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Well let me take a hit on this :) or try heh

what Items could we use to lower some things and make it really powerfull?

100 Archery (Hunters headress Archery +20, Dex In 8, Night Sight, @ HitChance Increase 15%)
120 Tactics
120 Eval
100 Magery (Crystal ring, Magery +20, Focus +20, Hit reg 5, Mana reg 3, @ SDI 20%
100 Resist
120 Ninja
60 chivalry

I would use normal bow spell channel, hit lighting, First thing to do is curse, then I would use mortal, and or paralize. I would Then do this at the same time use these item spells I would death strike as I pre cast stuff like flamesltrike. If could get nice balanced bow is godly and pot chug.

Stats I droped med since you can get enough mana reg though items.

get braclet that is 1/2 with pot or hit chance or 1/3.

Go Rune Bettle tunic, Pendent of magi, and mittens.

Then you need to get good lrc armor to do this

30+ hit chance, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, and then 12+ mana reg.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
So sorry make another post but need to add few things and look stats

100 Archery (Hunters headress Archery +20, Dex In 8, Night Sight, @ HitChance Increase 15%) end up with 120 archer.
120 Tactics
120 Eval
100 Magery (Crystal ring, Magery +20, Focus +20, Hit reg 5, Mana reg 3, @ SDI 20% end up with 120 mage.
100 Resist
120 Ninja
60 chivalry

stats should be 90 str 110 dex and 55 int ( pot they will be 110 str+, 130 dex+)

with items cc and hunters 123 dex get this with pots close to 150

with items bettle, and pend of magi 20+ int (being elf +20 mana) 95 int that is not saying dont have mana inc on items also. I personaly thing you could get to 115 or so mana.

110 with everything or so in str.
146 or so with everything in dex
around 115 mana.

Also you would have 9 hit reg, and 13+ mana reg

This char would work all that is needed really is the bow :)

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

So sorry make another post but need to add few things and look stats

100 Archery (Hunters headress Archery +20, Dex In 8, Night Sight, @ HitChance Increase 15%) end up with 120 archer.
120 Tactics
120 Eval
100 Magery (Crystal ring, Magery +20, Focus +20, Hit reg 5, Mana reg 3, @ SDI 20% end up with 120 mage.
100 Resist
120 Ninja
60 chivalry

stats should be 90 str 110 dex and 55 int ( pot they will be 110 str+, 130 dex+)

with items cc and hunters 123 dex get this with pots close to 150

with items bettle, and pend of magi 20+ int (being elf +20 mana) 95 int that is not saying dont have mana inc on items also. I personaly thing you could get to 115 or so mana.

110 with everything or so in str.
146 or so with everything in dex
around 115 mana.

Also you would have 9 hit reg, and 13+ mana reg

This char would work all that is needed really is the bow :)

The problem with doing all that, as I see it, is overcoming the huge hit on resists you take with the pendant and the hunter's headdress. Compounding that resist problem is both the stitcher's and the hunters headdress have high cold (the one I worry about the least) while taking big hits on the others. It's going to be VERY difficult (read that as LOTS of $$$$$$$$) to get sleeves, gorget and leggings that can come close to overcoming that loss. Furthermore, getting a GOOD spell channeling, balanced bow that is good enough for some pvp is going to again be very very expensive. It is possible I suppose, but in the end you're going to have a lot of gold invested AND a long shopping trip to find the armor/weaps to make this work. JMO.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
But like I sayed It could work just items :)

Needed to say He asked if it would work and im sure this would smile

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
This is another temp you could do that char

120 archer
100 magery
120 eval
120 ninja
90 bushido
120 resist
70 Chivalry

Xcentric

Xcentric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've got an archer-mage-spellweaver template that works really well:
120 Archer
110 Magery
120 Spellweaving
120 Tactics
110 Chivalry
120 Meditation

You only need Eval for offfensive spells like flamestrike, but your archer's main offense is going to be his archery. You'll use magery for invis, gates, summons, etc. The spellweaving really makes your archery formidible - i.e. casting 4 or 5 natures furies will pin a monster down and drain HP while you take shots at him at your leisure without all that running around that archers usually have to do. Its also nice when you want to self rez.
Xcentric of Lake Austin
Emmisary of UMP
aka Mobius, Xterminator, Xtatic, Xcaliber, Xplicit, Xzotic, et al

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
thing is if make char with hum not elf you can do jack of trades and still be Spell weaver too.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
thanks for all the advise gives me something to consider

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
would be more for a PvM charactor, but have you considered bard archer with magery? Peace Discord Music Magery Archery Chivalry and Tactics. Eval over chivalry if you do more damage with spells then bow. With peace and discord, when worked properly, you will not have to have the fast casting for the pvm aspect of it and can get more Damage Increase for your weapon damage. I had a Bard-archer (no magery) for years and I loved it. (was before Enticement switched to Discord )

As for Pvp, Maybe consider puting some Necro in the template. No need for spellchanneling bows to cast Necro, can use Faster castin bows and benifit from the Necro forms. Ninja forms Rox too though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, imput, mage