Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

My House in UOKR .. Work in Progress! MORE PICS!!!

- - - - - house pics progress uokr work

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from http://boards.strati...b=5&o=&fpart=1'>UO Homes and Castles

Heya,

If some of u were wondering what houses may look like in the upcoming UOKR, well here's alil something to start the picture with.

First, I have to thank the Taiwanese EA staff member give us(Formosa shard) this opportunity to have a peek at our beloved houses in the coming UOKR screens. All we had to do was give him our house runes ingame and he had our houses posted up for us. And here's mine:

UO 2D - The Chocolit Shoppe

Posted Image

UOKR - The Chocolit Shoppe

Posted Image

Here's the link to where it was posted along with other player's houses that submitted there runes,

Hate to burst some of ur bubbles but my thoughts on the new screen when I first saw it was: "OMG! THEY SHRUNK MY HOUSE!" lol .. now it looks even more crowded than the 2D in my opinion. Lots of things shrunk or fattened up! eg: things that got shrunk; my purty purty pink parrot, my arcanist statue in the middle of the garden(practically same height as the vendors) and of course my vendors(look at them! the bar stand is practically as high as their chests and i cant figure out their faces =/), things that got chubby; the runebook at the first floor check in desk, the grapes on my grapevine(I think the fruits in UOKR all got REALLY juicy?) and most of the housing tiles.

Anyways, from the UOKR beta of my house, I see that some art weren't finished yet? like the water tiles in my pond.

So what do yall think? [

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i think it looks good so far, you got a very nicely designed house btw. Isn't there a zoom function in KR? thats probly why everything looks a little bit smaller. And what are those red things in the 2nd pic where the polar bear is? They look like those valentines day cards

Yeah they are val cards . Forgot to put in that the 2D pic was taken a couple of yrs back so I've added a few things over the years that werent in the pics like the val cards, my pink parrot, the giant mushroom.

I do believe there IS that zoom in out option coz another player's house was taken with its' neighbour's in the link posted above but mine was prolly as u said taken quite close up.

And thank u for the compliment by the way .

Note: I think they finally sent the bear rugs to the proper launders, it isnt as bad as last seen now. heh

It's a different style, definitely. Less clearly defined objects, and sort of different perspectives, some things smaller and some...actually, most are just smaller. We're not looking at everything from the same 45 degree angle tilt, it feels like.

It's different, and going to be hard to get used to, but I think I like it. The landscaping looks nice. I think the plants are going to be good. And possibly, colored plants are going to be hued correctly rather than all over, so thats an exciting possibility.

There's going to be complaints that the general population has, about scale and whatnot. I forsee a thread in U Hall's future, for art work fixes. After all, the art team is going to have some free time on their hands after SA comes out, and can 'fix' whatever players think needs fixing (well one can hope).

Well plants could be back in the market again. As for the new artwork, just aint a promising future for me in UO so far I've seen =/. Most of the items seen as Sarsmi said are quite less clearly defined enough for me to think if it's possible for any decorative items to be made out of scraps, like the cute bunnies we can make out of wool and so on.

Another sad concept is that the bright colors in 2D are lost now in UOKR, especially my favorite light pink on the vendor uniforms. Now I know this might get on some people coz of the duped rare colors in the past(those were hideous but lets not get there) but NOT my pink, no pweease.. I literally started playing UO coz I fell in love with the color when I saw first saw my bf watering a rare pink flower =), just sad that the thing that got me into the game is now being cleaned out.

Then again I noticed that the 'people' (as in vendors, player chars.) artwork look more like puppets in UOKR. *shrugs*. Anyways, all in all I still have to wait for the official UOKR to see how long I can live with it then.

Thanks for posting those pics. Wish we had more to look at!

Your all welcome , AND u can see more houses yet to be posted coz there were around 10 or more players that handed in their house runes which will all be posted out soon, I'm glad the staff member chose to post mine out in first batch otherwise the anxiety would have .. heh well u know...

I do like the small palms, the century plant is a bit scary...I think because the snowdrop was 'uncolored' that gives me hope that the colored ones will just have the buds hued and the rest of the plant stay green. May be wishful thinking there.

This dev team is different, I think they will listen to us...this is supposed to be a major client artwork overhaul, if we don't like how some things turn out and enough of us complain then I feel (pretty) confident they will listen and make changes. CatHat is great for reading the boards and does not seem to be bothered by criticism and is open to ideas, I feel pretty certain he will hear our concerns and pass em on.

So yeah, those of you depressed at certain aspects of the artwork, keep some hope. Those of you who don't like it at all...I dunno what to say. Some things you can adapt to, some things you can't. =/

CatHat is great for reading the boards and does not seem to be bothered by criticism and is open to ideas,

Actually I'm looking forward to when everyone can see their homes and give feedback on what needs to be tweaked and how as a community we'd like to see things tailored.

Part of KR's major improvment is that its easier for Devs to fix/change a lot of things so we can better serve the public.

Doing my best to keep my eye on you guys

Posted Image

Dave "CatHat" Brown -
UO Character and Environment Artist -
EA Mythic -

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I think it looks fantastic :)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Strange I thought testers couldn't post pics because of the NDA :-/ .

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Vepl

"Photoed by EA Taiwan"

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Vepl

I did wonder about that also Vepl,but after re reading the original info I went to the link, and its all posted on the Japanese site that we have been allowed to post other stuff from, and as Adam states ,it was actually an EA person,so I think we are alright on this one :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
Wow seeing them side by side makes the KR colors look so drab. It looks like the chocolate house melted. I'm getting less and less impressed with KR, the more pics I see.

I had really hoped it would look great.....

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
[rant]GAH!!! If they can post/talk about it why can't we!!!!!!

*pouts*[/rant]

*feels better*

:)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Wow seeing them side by side makes the KR colors look so drab. It looks like the chocolate house melted. I'm getting less and less impressed with KR, the more pics I see.

I had really hoped it would look great.....

The amount of blur, or lack of contrast, in all the tiles is a bit disheartening. Looking at the pics, the "sprites" (like the vendors) seem to have a sufficient amount to stand out on the backround, but the actual world seems mottled.

Im hoping that the put a Contrast option in the video options section...

Posted Image

Lollipopz

Lollipopz

The Chocolits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Guess I should clearify somethings first bout my post in Stratics brought here, First, when I posted in Stratics, it was BEFORE beta was opened to the public and BEFORE the NDA rule was set! (Can see in the KR pic stated 'Close Beta')then n thought some of u might have liked to see some players houses(to kill some anxiety like mine hehe).

Apparently after the NDA rule was set I had stopped making comments bout my house even tho it may be open for discussion, can only shake my head now looking at it but u guys may still discuss bout my house pics only pls (nothing more outside the pics pls) and I do read everyone's comment bout it tho =)

F.Y.I: My Chocolit Shoppe is located on Formosa shard which is a Taiwanese based shard and pics were taken by a Taiwanese EA representative and posted on the Taiwanese UO website not Japanese =)

Thank u again Tabbitha for bringing it up here, was wondering whether or not to bring it up here hehe. =P

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Someone at the town hall meeting in chicago made a crack to the dev's about the asian shards getting way more interactive marketing for KR than the US. The devs laughed as if they'd heard that before....

I've looked at most of my houses in KR, but I can't comment (darn NDA)... and I have comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
looks nice, but i'll miss the cartoon-like thing, that's waht uo is for me :P, uo in 3d,i will never like it...
the shadows will prevail

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Thank u again Tabbitha for bringing it up here, was wondering whether or not to bring it up here hehe. =P

Your welcome.It was one of my favourite houses choices in the contest,but it sure looks different in KR :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TigerEyeJade

TigerEyeJade

DragonStone Guild Atlantic Shard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
that is so beautiful, awesome decos:dog:
TigerEyeJade
DragonStone Guild (DGS)
Atlantic Shard
:DMAGE:

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Lollipopz whats your house looking like now in UOKR ? Are you any happier with how things are sized ?

I have noticed some improvements in my home deco items already .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lollipopz

Lollipopz

The Chocolits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
To be honest, I haven't downloaded KR .. lol, think I've seen and heard enough as it is so I thought I'd rather wait till its officially out, and I'm sure if I had any other opinions, someone must have felt the same and voiced it out already while still in beta.

But I wouldnt mind seeing everyone else's lovely houses in the lastest KR beta, Please do post ur KR beta houses.. *grin*

And Thank u TigerEyeJade for the lovely comment.. I might have to think of reconstructing this 2yr old building when KR is officially released *shakes*..

Lady_Moraine

Lady_Moraine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Very cool, I enjoy the design very much.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: house, pics, progress, uokr, work