Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Inactive Account Housing Grace Period to Change to 30 Days

- - - - - 30 account change days grace housing inactive period

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I am going to shut up now as I am sure I am sounding like a real jerk. I am sorry.

Not at all, Flutter. I was just as confused as well until a few people here made some good points.

Btw.. GTC's are stackable?? I didn't realize that.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea you can stack GTC's

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
I didn't realize it either till I tried it LOL but yes you can add game time to gametime and you will get a list on the account management page of used time and when the next code starts...

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
What I meant by loggin in to pay, was guys would turn off accounts, and then hope to god they get to a computer within the 90 day period, and restart for another 90 days, and so on. Hoping that it would last while they were gone. I had not known about stacking the codes until now, maybe that will be a way to go as well. Those that pay as normal, no you dont need to log in, my check card pays for it itself, and I never worry about it. But like I said, alot of guys that deploy, turn off the things that dont need to be on, like their cells and taking some coverage off vehicles. Its just less and less they need to worry about while gone, and now we hear 30 days? Now guys will have to go and buy like a years worth of codes and stack them, in reality, its the same as paying month by month, and a waste of money. EA does seriously need to work a program for people on orders or deployed.

And by the way, I really enjoy the fact that we can talk about this like humans on UOf. The other spots where this was discussed, ended up in a horrible fight, that I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy to read that. It turned from this topic, to half the people supporting it, to the other half just trolling and saying how much they hated Bush and the war and Americans.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
I agree if it is a financial burdon I hope EA does something. If it were me I would treat my UO account like a beloved pet and get a RL friend or family member/loved one to make sure all is well with my account.
I just hold issue with folks who log on every 90 days to change their house sign from "HAHAHA THIS HOUSE WILL NEVER FALL" to "YEAH ANOTHER 90 DAYS THAT YOU CANT HAVE THIS SPOT" or whatever the heck else they have said over the past year.
And yes while there isn't a shortage of houses for the playerbase I do have a few friends who would like to move up, or have a nicer location for a vendor shop.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Keven1

Keven1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I did take advantage of the 90 day grace as I have alot of houses. However they say they will make more money but I dont see that, seeing that at least before I was paying for certain accounts once every 3 months but now I will just sell those houses, completely inactivate those accounts and they will not get the money I was paying once every 3months at all. So they will be losing money. THis is not just a couple of accounts but 10 accounts or so that I had to activate every 3 months, alternating each month so I didnt have to pay for all of them at the same time
Was that wrong? No i dont think so. I love UO, the wife and I are packrats so we have alot of stuff. And she loves customizing and decorating houses. Our houses were not sitting unused by no mean. Also we have given away tons of houses to newbies. We keep a few small ones for that purpose. But this new thing kind of screws that up
needless to say we are a bit upset :'( but will not quit because of it

Lady Hell's Angel

Lady Hell's Angel

Angel of Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Well I know EA won't make any "special arrangements" for our hard working men and women in Iraq....though I think they deserve it. A lot of soldiers don't have internet access over there. And that's the only reason why I don't agree with the grace period for an inactive account to be change to only 30 days. Other than that....people should keep their accounts paid.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Lots of people actually take 'vacations' from playing, then come back. I know two people who played several years, then left for over a year each and returned to play again. We all go through periods where we lose zest for it, but it gets interesting again... at least that's what both these guys told me. Life gets to you, and you have to deal with it, then you want to go back and pick up the pieces when you can.

I can understand that unused accounts laying around is not efficient in a lot of ways, and some definitely won't come back, so their accounts and houses need to go. There should be some way to put your account on ice for long periods, then renew the 'ice' or return to game later.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

There should be some way to put your account on ice for long periods, then renew the 'ice' or return to game later.

The unfortunate thing is.. people will take advantage of this "time off" feature just as they have the 90 day grace period. I can see the point of EA's decision to do this.

I'm going to benefit from decision directly, as somebody who owns my dream house spot has told me flat out that he pays $13 every 60 days just to hold his house. When I told him about this announcement.. he let me know what day his house would begin decaying as a result cause he knows I've been eyeing it for more than a year.

Kudos EA.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Its EA's way of giving me more IDOC Hunters to pk in Felucca. :) Thank You

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 30, account, change, days, grace, housing, inactive, period