Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

I think 2d players should be able to get the gargoyle expansion..

- - - - - 2d expansion gargoyle players

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO U.Hall

I don't plan on playing KR and will only use 2d. I think they should keep 2d around with the new 3d client and let the 2d users play the new expansions.

I think it would be a smarter play imo.

------------------------------

The new graphics are horrible, the macros, everything....

I'd rather play it in 2d still or move to another game...

So you're admitting to breaking th NDA
Even if you're not, don't let the door hit ya.
B'bye

(2D is not going away because people are not going to stop playing it. people like you who post all of this Anti-2D propaganda all day on the boards are going to have no effect whatsoever on people's opinions.

i repeat: 2D is never going away. it will outlive KR.)

No matter how many times you state youre personel opinion as fact is not going to make it so.

Like no matter how many times Rosie Odonnel is hot doesnt make it true.

Explain to me how this is possible if Stygian Abyss is going to be a Kingdom Reborn Expansion? Bye this fact alone they are making it plainly clear that 2d is going away for the very fact they are not investing the money in 2d to make it compatable with there biggest expansion ever.

--------------------------------

I would like to point out that there are technical reasons that we want to work solely with the KR engine for the new SA lands. Those technical reasons being, roughly, "we can make it awesomer that way." Since we haven't shown you any of that awesomeness, y'all aren't really seeing both sides of the issue yet.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skrekkugle

Skrekkugle

Rebellion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I understand that it will be easier to make content for KR since its more up to date. But I won't play KR and I dont think most of the current "hardcore" playerbase will play KR either. 2d is the heart and soul of UO and when 2d goes away, so will I. And it will actually hurt, cause I love this game. It has always been there and Ive had som much fun with it so I will have to do without new content from now on. Just do not disable 2d :\

AND, I do not think KR will attract new players (not as many as they loose by disabling 2d anyways) cause its still not better than what the kids are playing these days. UO is about gameplay and ingame content, NOT fancy graphics.

Lazytown - The Dark Codex - Moonlight
Part of UO since 1999, always willing to help!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea I hope they keep 2D as well, but divert most of their resources/time to the new client
It apparently takes ages to add stuff to the old one, it seems a waste of resources.

Skrekkugle

Skrekkugle

Rebellion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Yes, that I am also worried about. EA runs the show now. If it were up to them im sure they would kill the entire UO project, but for some reason they can't.

Lazytown - The Dark Codex - Moonlight
Part of UO since 1999, always willing to help!

seon

seon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Well according to what is said here on these forums, I understand that if they just kept some of the KR graphix and applied the legacy UO engine, then i think their goal would succeed and many will like it and many will return.Just my thought

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Yes, that I am also worried about. EA runs the show now. If it were up to them im sure they would kill the entire UO project, but for some reason they can't.

I have no doubt that if EA could find a way to dump UO, they would do it in a heartbeat. They'd rather invest money on their millionth football game or something... :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Seriously? Please. (Responding to the subject line).

I tried not to even open this thread. Honestly, I did!

Soooooo tired of the whining!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2d, expansion, gargoyle, players