Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

OCC:Tell us about yourself

- - - - - occtell

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I have always enjoyed hearing about other players backgrounds. So tell us about your char, his/her background and why he or she does the things that he/she does. Kinda like what Flutter posted a few weeks ago. If you have more then one char then throw them in!:grin:

Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh my gooses... I'm up to Chapter 7 on the story behind my characters... uggh...

Nutshell... started on Pacific.. went to Sonoma as soon as it went live. Played a thief/assassin on Fire Isle making Daemon/Dragon farmer's lives miserable.

My mule picked up lockpicking and Cartography and I fell in love with T-Hunting. Joined one of the original chapters of THB... re-joined 3 years ago on Sonoma.

On Siege.. I returned to assassination.. retired from it when turned by the Vampire lord WyRm. Have since rebelled against the "uncivilized" vampires with my wife Katharine by my side. Blessed by Mithras, we're able to walk in the daylight.. but also cursed by Daemons from the Void we also must feed while both preserving and respecting the Humanity on which we feed.

*phew*

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
*Edit* I'll just post it on another thread.. Not sure where to put it. lol.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
*Laughs and points*
Spyderbite just said "oh my gooses"
*laughs really hard and points some more*

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
*giggles at Flutter* Easily amused!

Ok...I can give you a quick background on my two characters. But because this is nice and OOC, I'm not posting any big stories! :P

Thradia is an elf, who was born to Siege. A hunter my nature, she spends most of her time alone. Although she has many allies, experience has taught her that forming a bond within a group of people is to be avoided. So, although she runs the risk of higher death, she chooses to work alone until she finds the appropriate companions.
Vampires have let her into their lands, and she chooses to live among them. They have taught her much, and stands with them in no fear. She tends to be quiet and withdrawn, but this is not to be an underestimate of her power and intelligence.

~~~

Serenity is pure in all forms. She fights for the virtues in Napa Valley. Her strong archery abilities fare her well in her travels, and she is well learned in all the trades of travel (camping, cooking). She swore of magic for years, as he father warned her that magic is irratic and dangerous, but not long ago she began to train in the ways of the Paladin. The Paladin ways let her uphold the virtues by drawing power from them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Zenith

Zenith

Sonoma Shard Reporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Sonoma raised to be quiet, attentive, punctual, and helpful. Posted Image
UOFourms ~ The Community Behind The Characters
Posted Image

CatHat

CatHat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
ok..

My name is pronoucned "Cathat" one word. I am an elven Monk who practices the art of bushido - I wander the lands with somewhat foolish abandon and a great deal of forward knowledge of many of the world's pitfalls. I travel mostly in the service of a small pantheon of deities whom i'm not so sure of.

It seems to me many of these deities are benevolent, but others trickers or meddlesome - causeing much turmoil, releasing monsters in the world as well as changing the physical laws that bind us. I hear their desires occasionally and appease them usually by standing next to rocks, trees, staring at clothing people chose to wear and how cites and towns progress. Often the wishes of these Dieties are confusing - they send me to kill monsters again and again only so they may observe how the monsters attack people and die - how they sound -how they walk in their last momnets. Why any diety would want this i have no idea.

Why only today i found myself roused from my cottage by these dieties- running errands around to Takuno and Yew, at the heartwood gate to appease them. Something about that Crone in Takuno really pisses me off. I fear some day i might have to slay her. :-/

Still - LIfe with these Dieties isn't so bad - occasionally one of them i am close to takes me to a place he refers to as his 'island' or 'private test shard'. A place where i walk about in what we refer to as 'god mode' and all my stats are 255 while i'm there. Though these gods are strange - and this one shows me many rare items and clothing no one has seen before. I have to hold them, place them and wear them for him- walking about - attacking things - riding horses - and even endure having my gender swithced back and forth so the mens and womens clothing can be seen. :embarasse Though there are compensations - i do enjoy the temporary powers bequeathed to me while i am off world. I like to wave a hand and Smite the Proxys wandering the island - bursting them like fat ticks. I am alwyas impressed by the treasure they carry. Though these dieties never let me transport any items back with me to my cottage. >:( Still i manage to do all right completely on my own.

So, if you should ever see me riding by swift as the wind - while i might not be actually running a quest - i might very well be on a mission.

Cathat the wandering Elf.

Lake Superior

Posted Image
Dave "CatHat" Brown

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Vampires have let her into their lands, and she chooses to live among them.

*smiles, baring both fangs*

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
*wonders if Cathat has perchance just given us a clue to that Crone's intent*

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Left out two of my characters on Sonoma.. Malice and Autumn. Long story behind the two of them.. but, Malice is a Knight in the Royal Guard and a citizen of Darkmoor. He is also Jade Hushenhoy's protector.. not that the girl need one.. but its fun to RP none the less.

Autumn was Malice's bastard sister.. she was slain during a previous story, but has been seen wandering the lands once again.. risen from the dead by the Elves. Malice is unaware that she has returned.

DoveRed

DoveRed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Im DoveRed,i actually havent fully planned out her personality yet.I generally play nice characters though as will she be.Ive been within Sosaria for many years and have played all types of personalities.Nice to meet all of you,i hope i posted this in the right area.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
Hi Dove! What shard do you play?

The current character I've trained up and am writing stories for is Erigand Falthis. He was one of the youthful refugees from the Indemis Islands who helped build the foundation of the Twilight Fellowship. Like many of his Fellows, he received an education in healing arts, magery, and combat skills and took to the road working as a scout and guide for caravans. While in Britain, however, he also found work as a tutor, sharing his practical knowledge of his skills with those who were learning in the classroom.

Erigand the character actually predates UO, having been created for a pen and paper game in UO. Originally, he worked for a school called Woodbridge, but we've modified this a bit to be a school called Stonebridge. In our stories it is on the same grounds at the Sorcerer's Delight in West Britain. Erigand worked his way up and now serves as a full fledged instructor there.

Over the years, Erigand has seen many adventures there. He secretly worked to undermine the dictatorial Lord Robert in his clash with Lord British. The Despised Invasion of Britain proved to be a particularly trying time and Stonebridge had to be abandoned. Erigand fought long and hard in that war, seeking to reclaim the part of the city which had been occupied. When Blackthorn and Casca took the reigns of the government and corrupted it into an oppressive regime, Ergand also worked secretly against them.

Markus

Markus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Greetings everyone,

Just discovered uoforums yet again after a while of being registered and not using it...

Quick desciption about one of my chars, will edit later with one for each character. I play Europa btw :)

Markus Cavorn

"You see a slender athletically built elf with flowing golden hair traipsing over both shoulders. With a handsome and kind face, you feel like you two are already friends and you feel you could approach him with any problem only to get a warm and receptive greeting.

Having lost his memory not long ago, he is still rather much of a novice in the way of the magic, although he is a fast learner so watch out.. He might just hit you in the back with a Fireball if your not carefull.."

4 more to come!

Mark.

Markus

Markus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also Europa character :)

Tamm Sharpe

"Appearance - Tamm looks of average build of a yewman to a normal person but if you look closely you can see that he doesnt have the same stature has a yewman.

History - He grew up to a poor family in the forests of Yew to a mother and father who were never there for him. His father of the name Tamm Sharpe served in the Brittanian Guards so was almost always on duty. Tamm never though ill of this as he was doing an honest job. His mother was a tailor of the name Patty Sharpe and worked in Empath Abbey as a tailor for the Monks.

Guardsmen Career - Tamm has expressed feelings to others that he wishes to join the Waywatchers for reasons he wishes to remain his own unless pressed to tell others. If he gets into the Waywatcher division then he aims to serve to the best of his abilities.

Personality - Tamm has a sturdy personality, By which i mean that it takes alot for him to be tempered by others and has learned to conceal thoughts and emotions inside of him because if you let feelings and emotions control you then you wont be able to serve properly. He does have a slight problem with being ordered to do things he doesnt want to do. He also has quite a cheeky side to him when it comes to his commanding officers."

Mark.