Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Beta Download

- - - - - beta download

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I was finally able to get both files, in their entirety, using Download Accelerator Plus in Normal mode (NOT accelerated or broadband optimized mode). Files unzipped and client installed fine.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I hope when I get home part 2 will be downloaded completely, but then I need to do part 1 again.
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
My guess is that as people finally complete their downloads, the bottleneck to the server will ease up a bit and it should get easier.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Why try? It will only result in failure (despair.com)

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Why is it that I often find pessimism to be hysterical, but am generally optimistic?

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Because if not for the certainty of failure for others, you would think you suck? (Balguy.com):Rofl

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
First couple attempts yesterday and natta, once I finally got the download to start, they both completed by 1:30am this morning. The extract wizard locked up on me as well, however, I found if you just let it continue to do it's thing, it will eventually unlock and all files will be extracted.

I have seen the light =) and now I must shhhhhhhhh..... :laugh: Hope to see you all soon :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Yes, if using the extract tool built into XP, just let it sit there. It looks like it's locked up and stuck, but it'll finish eventually :)

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Finally, part 1 downloaded and extracted, hope i can get part 2 finally. =)

Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I have part 2 but not part 1 maybe we can work together Jakar, lol
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
I'm in the process of copying the files off my laptop and onto my desktop machine, now that I'm home again. I hope I have as good of luck installing on my desktop as I did on my laptop!

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Mine is done.

Useful links

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Well after x amount of days downloading,now I cant get past main patch page
Sends off another 'report'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
I think that sending everyone the beta email at the same time, putting the download on only one mirror and then having the download so large is a work of pure genius!

Thank you Electronic Arts / Mythic!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

I think that sending everyone the beta email at the same time, putting the download on only one mirror and then having the download so large is a work of pure genius!

lol
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
It was the new stress-test. But they weren't testing the bandwith stress, they were testing the player's stress.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

It was the new stress-test. But they weren't testing the bandwith stress, they were testing the player's stress.

:Rofl

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

LOL well put!

Good news is though I got part 2 downloaded and extracted this morning, so going to install and start playing! =)

Posted Image

jillsmom55

jillsmom55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, after a download on Thursday (1 hour + each) and trying to open with any unzipper we could find... re-downloaded again yesterday (35 minutes each) and chose OPEN rather than SAVE, could unzip. Got in fine... more will be revealed!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome jillsmom55 :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta, download