Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Screen Capture Program

- - - - - capture program screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Drakkor

Drakkor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I was wondering what type of screen capture program every one is using to get those fine screen shots I see all the time? Also to what web site are you using to show and view the programs?

Thank you for all your posts. I spend a lot of my time reading about your adventures and am greatful for your insight. Because of your time and effort, I have become a more formidable player.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Most o the time I just hit PrntScrn and then paste into MSPaint, crop, and Save As. I so have UO Screenshot Utility that I will keep open if I am doing something where I will want to take multiple screenshots in a period of time...

As far as hosting, I use here. :) There is a link at the top of the page for Image Hosting.

Posted Image

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I use UO grabby :)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
grabby

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
The very best freeware screenshot program I have found is IRFanView http://www.irfanview.com/

If you use print screen you have to save each pic or the clipboard will overwrite it. With IrFanView it will take pics, save them in the folder of your choice and name them sequentially It also does cropping, converting etc... For a freebie it is very slick.

~Edit~ And they have already updated it to work better with Vista.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Drakkor

Drakkor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks everybody for the info. I'll try each suggestion and make my choice. At least now I have solid info to go on.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I use TechSmith SnagIt. Not free, but I love its features. They have a 30 day free trial: http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: capture, program, screen